• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Legionnaire11

LGW Fit Club

Rate this topic

Guest L3T5G0W1NG5

It seems like everyone is trying to lose weight in this thread. But then again I guess most people posting are from the States (no hate, just making an observation).

Weighed in at 195 last night. Very pleased with my progress since Christmas. Short term goal is 190 by the end of the month. Long-term is back down to 170-175 by Summer.

Go, Edi!!! That's great! Holidays leave most of us with a bit of extra we wish we didn't have, but no sense beating yourself up about it. You've done the right thing, getting back on track. :thumbup:

Gotta love people who say," well, I lost weight during the holidays." Goody for you. I'm thinking you didn't have any fun, either. :cool:

It seems like everyone is trying to lose weight in this thread. But then again I guess most people posting are from the States (no hate, just making an observation).

There's plenty of Canadian stereotypes that I could go into, but won't for the sake of the thread. That was completely unnecessary on your part. I'm in this thread, and I have no need to lose weight as I'm very physically fit, and here to post workouts and advice.

Also, for anyone trying to put on muscle protein supplements made a huge difference for me. My recovery time is unbelievable and I have been putting on a lot of lean muscle. For anyone serious about working out, once you start using supplements you might never go back whether its a protein complex, creatine, or nitric oxide.

Here are my supplements as they currently stand -

Protein

optimum-100-whey-gold-5lb.jpg

Creatine Supplement (much better than regular creatine mono)

70126.jpg

Multi-vitamin

aninalpak.jpg

Fish Oil

y_images_Gnc%20Fish%20Oil%20Review_2.jpg

Glutamine

200.jpg

Edited by Hockeytown0001

thanks HT! This thread was meant for people who wanted to share their stories so we could be inspired, or to tell others what was going on with their fitness programs, for support or to keep accountable on goals. Research has shown that people who share their intentions and goals for fitness with others are more likely to follow through. :thumbup:

My trainer hit me with an interesting idea yesterday. I have had trouble losing my last 10-15 lbs., fat, lazy American that I am. :rolleyes: I work out 6 days a week, sometimes 7, with weights three days a week (with trainer) and heavy duty cardio/intervals on the "off" days. It's very frustrating to go every day, work my ass off (I wish, literally) and see NO progress on the scale, downwards.

I don't know how to do anything half-way. I throw myself into each and every workout, never cheat on reps, usually add more if I am by myself. I am much more strict on myself than my trainer is on me when he's working with me. I am not happy if I don't leave my workout looking like someone tossed a bucket of water over me. I am very strong, but dainty, I ain't. :blush:

Trainer tells me that he thinks I work too hard, and in my case, I am probably burning muscle rather than fat - which leaves me with... fat. I wouldn't have thought of that, but he's the professional. So my new marching orders are to scale back on my cardio days to about half what I have been doing. Apparently - in my case - working as hard as I can isn't effective, and may in fact be counter-productive.

I will feel totally lazy going in to do 30 minutes on the treadmill (rather than an hour) at half my normal intensity. Ditto on the stairmill. 10 minutes of intervals, instead of 20. Adding more abs and stretching instead of so much time on cardio.

Does this sound strange to you all, or does it make sense? I am afraid I have become obsessed with time on task and working so hard, expecting results, and in fact, I might be sabotaging myself. :(

I think your trainer is correct. You're body is used to the workouts you've been doing so you're not seeing results. Of course I am no professional, I can't even get my lazy ass to the gym these days :lol: but I do think you reach a point where you plateau and you need to change things up so you can continue with the loss if that's what you're looking for.

I say go with it for a while, even if it doesn't feel right and don't get frustrated.

I have tried just about every type of supplement on the market right now, but all I am taking right now is an off brand protein supplement that is nearly identical to monster milk. As soon as I get a little more cash I need to go pick up some GNC Creatine Plus, It has considerable amounts of L-Glutamine, L-Arginine , and L-Methionine which I have read really make a difference also.

Since I started taking working out and lifting weights seriously a few months ago I have gotten a lot bigger and lift probably around 50-60% heavier weights all around than I did when I started. I played some pond hockey with a few guys I used to play with for the first time in around a year and 1/2 last night and one of them commented saying how much stronger on the puck and harder to move I am now than I used to be, and continued to every time I crashed the net and almost effortlessly moved the defenseman out of my way. Another guy started complaining that my first stride was too quick and he couldnt keep up with me when I took off. I used to be one of the worst guys out there, and although my puck skills are still garbage the other guys cant keep up with me now. Going to the gym had made a difference for me, and im not stopping any time soon.

Guest Crymson

I'm 5'9", 146-148 lbs, and about 8% of me is fat :P

That said, I do live in the fittest city and the fittest state in the nation.

154 pounds as of this morning. I'd been stuck at 155 for several weeks so... let's just hope this isn't a product of my analog scale's lack of precision!

think 'light' thoughts, Jenny! ;) Good job! You, too, Edi. Perhaps it's helping you to stay away from the brews during the games, eh? I don't think sacrificing your liver to the hockey gods was working, anyway.

"See" you at the gym after work, HT! :thumbup: Cardio day for me.

I am trying to cut back some on cardio time and intensity. My trainer is convinced that I work out too hard -- and that I am burning my hard-won muscles in the process. Talk about a double-whammy. We shall see if he's correct.

I just ordered some

d_6298.jpg

and some

d_6990.jpg

Hopefully some cheap creatine to come, I have been off the stuff for 2 months but during the 3 months I was on it my bench went up 40lbs. I am not taking the Primal Pump this week as I am not working out hard for a few days. I have been going to the gym about 10 times a week for the past month and my knees, hips, elbows, and shoulders haven't been feeling good the past few days when I have lifted so its time to let the joints heal up.

Edited by cjm502

Guest L3T5G0W1NG5

I just ordered some

d_6298.jpg

and some

d_6990.jpg

Hopefully some cheap creatine to come, I have been off the stuff for 2 months but during the 3 months I was on it my bench went up 40lbs. I am not taking the Primal Pump this week as I am not working out hard for a few days. I have been going to the gym about 10 times a week for the past month and my knees, hips, elbows, and shoulders haven't been feeling good the past few days when I have lifted so its time to let the joints heal up.

10x a week is way too much. The fact that you are able to do that shows that your workouts aren't intense enough. Stick with 5x a week, make each workout count (last rep should be TOUGH).

As for cheap creatine, get this: http://www.bodybuilding.com/store/hp/creatine.html

Pretty much all monohydrates do the same thing anyways.

10x a week is way too much. The fact that you are able to do that shows that your workouts aren't intense enough. Stick with 5x a week, make each workout count (last rep should be TOUGH).

As for cheap creatine, get this: http://www.bodybuilding.com/store/hp/creatine.html

Pretty much all monohydrates do the same thing anyways.

What happens is I go every afternoon, and one of my buddies I work out with that wasnt there when I was will text me later in the day and let me know they are going so I will run up there with them and do a light workout if its the second workout of the day. I also alternate between legs, chest, arms, shoulders, back, abs, and cardio although I usually work more than one of them when I go to the gym. Im kind of a health freak, my muscles normally heal up in rarely more than 3 days when I go really hard. And like you said creatine is creatine, as long as its micronized and not liquid it will all work.

Edited by cjm502

Anyone here do P90X? I've been on the program for two years, it's great!

A few weeks ago I started adding more protein to my diet, and I'm up to 180lbs. I started going to those stand up tanning booths at the local gym, just 5 or 10 minutes at time, once a week. I'm missing the summer :lol:

Anyone here do P90X? I've been on the program for two years, it's great!

A few weeks ago I started adding more protein to my diet, and I'm up to 180lbs. I started going to those stand up tanning booths at the local gym, just 5 or 10 minutes at time, once a week. I'm missing the summer :lol:

I have been doing p90x / Insanity for a year now. Its amazing what it does to your body. Yesterday I blasted through Chest and Back and hurt soo good today.

I just read a bunch of P90X reviews and it sounded pretty awesome. I am trying to put on muscle mass and get more 'cut up'. Do you guys think I could still gain weight while on P90X, I am seriously considering buying it or borrowing it from somebody.

Guest L3T5G0W1NG5

I just read a bunch of P90X reviews and it sounded pretty awesome. I am trying to put on muscle mass and get more 'cut up'. Do you guys think I could still gain weight while on P90X, I am seriously considering buying it or borrowing it from somebody.

Stick with going to the gym man. Especially if you want to put on muscle mass. P90x is mainly for people who want to lose weight, or for people who want to be more athletic all round (yoga, plyometrics, cardio, etc). A lot of the P90x workouts don't target muscle groups.