• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
metalwinger_13

"This isn't some softie-toffee Detroit club"

Rate this topic

This is a different Red Wings team

The positive spin doctors in support of Calgary will undoubtedly trot out the standard line about it being just one game. "A loss is a loss is a loss." Save your breath. That wasn't just a loss. Any more than Vesuvius was just a burp of nature or The Black Death was just a plague. Game 1 must be considered a statement performance by the Wings. And the statement, issued on official club stationary, reads: "You've seen us. Now try and stop us."

The writer is a regular contributor to ESPN but his day job is writing for the.....Calgary Herald :D

Edit....that's twice today I've started a thread like a minute or two after someone else :huh:

Awesome article. BRTD pointed out the best excerpt but here's a good one, too:

For those convinced the softie-toffee Detroiters might shrivel up into the fetal position in the face of a withering Calgary assault -- reconsider. These Wings will compete. They will not back off. They will even initiate. This is a far different proposition than the upset-minded Flames pummeled into submission in six games three years ago.

"They're gonna be better. We have to be better. We can feel good about [Thursday] night for a few minutes, and then we have to get scared to death."

You daaaaaamn right. Stay hungry, boys.

Edited by FireCaptain

Guest LivingtheDream

Enoough with the seat price nit picking, gees. This is a great sportswriter - no homerism at all, not even a smidge.

Seats cheaper then standing room? Where are these seats anyways, the bathroom?
They are Row 24+ on the ends. They are obstructed seating. If you want a chance to see the whole ice surface, you have to stand in the last couple of rows. Think of them as "standing room in the top row" tickets.

They are Row 24+ on the ends. They are obstructed seating. If you want a chance to see the whole ice surface, you have to stand in the last couple of rows. Think of them as "standing room in the top row" tickets.

That, also, is not true. It's row 20 and up, like I previously stated.

Thanks,

again,

Word,

LDi03

OMG a positive artcile from ESPN about the Red Wings!!!!!!!!! This is the first tiem ive seen one since 2002 ESPN the Magazine's article about our team that was made for the Cup. :clap: YAY!!!!!!!!!!!

OMG a positive artcile from ESPN about the Red Wings!!!!!!!!! This is the first tiem ive seen one since 2002 ESPN the Magazine's article about our team that was made for the Cup. :clap: YAY!!!!!!!!!!!

Hey! i've got that! :)

I think the real suprise here is that the NHL is actually being mentioned on ESPN. Now that is the first time I've seen that in a while! :P

I think the real suprise here is that the NHL is actually being mentioned on ESPN. Now that is the first time I've seen that in a while! :P

Actually, i've been noticing hockey alot more on ESPN latley, last month on PTI they had the Cup on there, last week they had Jeremy Roenick on there too!

and now this...

I went to the game with my $63 seat, section 221, row 22 seat 8. Just to the right of center ice 4 rows from the top but i could see everything.

$63 ticket

$17 2 beers

$3.50 peanuts

$12 parking

$95.50 total

So worth it though, I think the $100 i made on roulette at Greektown afterwards sure helped.

GO WINGS!!!