• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
Guest Jdog21

McCarty

Rate this topic

Guest Jdog21

God i miss these days when the Wings were a handful when it came to toughness. Go McCarty and i miss having him on the team

watch this video and so will you lol

i hated him so much when he went to calgary, mostly it just sucked to see him leave but he fits into their system well with their grinding and punishing other teams i felt bad that he went bankrupt and all that s***, hes a great guy so i'm hoping he pulls through all that BS.

I miss Mac as much as the next wings fan, okay, well perhaps not as much as some, but his time is done. He scored some huge goals for us, as key to the cups, and a spirited leader who backed down from nothing!

But Snepts put it best in the last McCarty Thread: (refering to McCarty mainly, but a handful of other ppl also brought up Shanny)

"Those guys will always be Red Wings in my book, and a small part of me would love to see them come home, but nostalgia doesn't win Cups."

Its true. We loved them, we will miss them, and always have that place in our hearts for them. But they are now just great memories, and it is in those memories and only those memories that they should be wearing our jersey.

The Wings have some toughness on their roster now. You want to debate whether they were tougher or grittier/not tougher or grittier than the days when guys like McCarty, LaPointe, or Konstantinov were around, be my guest, but the brief point is they have guys that aren't afraid to muck it up (Bertuzzi, Markov, Calder, and a few others to a lesser extent in Cleary/Samuelsson/Lilja). Spare the Samuelsson jokes, I don't care if I get roasted on them, I've seen him stick up for a teammates before in games.

McCarty will always have a soft place in my heart during his Red Wing years, but he's a shell of his former self on the ice IMO. If he was the McCarty of the late 90s/early 00s, then I'd take him back in a heartbeat. Not now though.

That being said, here's a :chug: to McCarty.

Guest tangstoiggy

I Love D-Mac, even if he isn;t playing....he is at least there in the Locker room

and he is an awesome Leader for the Flames team right now.,

He may dress in this series yet...just hope its for you Detroit fans,,,,, in Detroit.