• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Saran

STAY POSITIVE

Rate this topic

lets stay positive, some of you may be very doubtful now, but we can easily beat these guys. first 2 games, total domination, 3 game we were in it the whole team despite lang :P and some iffy calls.

Ah. Refs were........I won't even go there........

But - Nick getting burned for the Game Winning Goal? Not sure other teams can count on that happening on a nightly basis. Or ever again?

Anyways..........aloha

Its gonna be hard going to school tommorow with hundreds of flame fans on me. But I must stay positive and hopefully get the last laugh

haha thats how i felt when the wings were down 2-0 in the series vs the nucks, then we wont 4 straight :cool:

I honestly didn't see us winning tonight, thought we were through and through the better team and it wasn't until a streak of penalties, some completely phantom in nature in the third that we lost our stride. Could have easily gone either way and if we win the next game we can close out the series at home. We still have home-ice advantage after all.

In some ways, I'm not surprised of the outcome. The wings played alright and had a chance to win, but they made some wrong decisions and lost the game as a result.

The one thing I'd seriously be worried about is the PP. They can't seem to get anything going at all. Both of their PP goals have been on 5-on-3.

Im def. staying positve.... Zata and Datsyuk werent on there game tonight... our 3rd line picked up for there slack... and Lidstrom made two mistakes that were goals... and we only lost 3-2... Im def. not scared.. we play a game where most teams would lose 5-1, 4-1... but no wer still in the game and fighting till the last minute... we are a lot stronger team and it showed tonight... when our stars dont show up... our other lines keep us in it... and when are stars do show up... then theres no one that can beat us..... chalk this up because no one expected a sweep.... wings in 5.... GO WINGS.... zata and datty will show up in game 4 with a game winning goal by Lidstrom... and then clinch at home....

I for one have alot of questions after tonight.

Number 1. How is Lang still playing any minutes on this team

Number 2. What was Bertuzzi doing out there on the PP? He is a grinder on this team at best.

Number 3. Hasek looked off tonight. What the hell?

Number 4. I thought the Mcreary sucked ass tonight. Three calls made no sense to me at all.

Number 5. How long can Kipper play like this? Just long enough to bounce us is my guess.

Number 6. Why did I have to go see them play tonight? They play much better when I dont watch.

I for one have alot of questions after tonight.

Number 1. How is Lang still playing any minutes on this team

Number 2. What was Bertuzzi doing out there on the PP? He is a grinder on this team at best.

Number 3. Hasek looked off tonight. What the hell?

Number 4. I thought the Mcreary sucked ass tonight. Three calls made no sense to me at all.

Number 5. How long can Kipper play like this? Just long enough to bounce us is my guess.

Number 6. Why did I have to go see them play tonight? They play much better when I dont watch.

1. Because he is Robert Lang and they won't ever bench him.

2. :huh: He's not a grinder at best. He will slowly but surely make his way to the top again. When you're out mostly the entire season due to a back injury and then come back and get a concussion, it's going to take awhile.

3. He was off and he knows it and admitted it. He'll prove something in Game 4.

4. He sure did.

5. Kipper is playing great, but in case you missed it the Wings beat him the first two games and made it look easy. The Wings losing tonight had nothing to do with Kipper. Kipper, while a great goalie, is very beatable. Let's not get ahead of ourselves and think of a so called 'bounce' because of one loss in which the Wings actually played really well.

6. Don't watch then.

After so many springs of losing to the pesky, feisty, hurtbag under-dogs who win the hearts of the nation and ride to the Stanley Cup final....I don't think I have any hope left.

Thats the most depressing post of the day.

Totally sucks losing this one. They came out flying as we all knew they would. We weren't great in the first, but we weren't bad either. We weathered the storm and played decent the rest of the game. I definatley see some room for improvement ... especially from a select few players. (dont need to mention those names) For the rest ...

Bert really needs to play with an edge. I know it is hard for him with everything around him, but when he is on, he is unstoppable.

Z is coming around. We can't expect him to be the way he was in Feb, but I am hoping he will be near there before the series is out.

I woulda like Dom to steal 1 of the goals away from them, though, he will have plenty of opportunities to come for him to do that.

We can't go 16-0.

:)

How bout' 16-1?

After so many springs of losing to the pesky, feisty, hurtbag under-dogs who win the hearts of the nation and ride to the Stanley Cup final....I don't think I have any hope left.

This is the problem with some fans. It's the second they lose one game that the entire world comes crashing down. It's ONE game. You don't have hope anymore because of one game? Come on now..

This Wings team is completely different compared to the ones that got knocked out the past 4 years.

I really don't get some of you guys..it's amazing how such a CLOSE game that the Wings played really well in and could of won, but loss now is turned into some fans having no 'hope' left. I'm sorry but I'll never understand that and I think it's wrong. It's like you guys expect us the Wings to sweep every series and god forbid if they lose one that means its all over.

1. Because he is Robert Lang and they won't ever bench him.

2. :huh: He's not a grinder at best. He will slowly but surely make his way to the top again. When you're out mostly the entire season due to a back injury and then come back and get a concussion, it's going to take awhile.

3. He was off and he knows it and admitted it. He'll prove something in Game 4.

4. He sure did.

5. Kipper is playing great, but in case you missed it the Wings beat him the first two games and made it look easy. The Wings losing tonight had nothing to do with Kipper. Kipper, while a great goalie, is very beatable. Let's not get ahead of ourselves and think of a so called 'bounce' because of one loss in which the Wings actually played really well.

6. Don't watch then.

At this point he is a grinder at best. In the playoffs you dont really have alot of time to get back on your game. He should not have been anywhere near the PP tonight. And after seeing the tinted visor, I think him playing on the grind line should have been more than enough.

This is the problem with some fans. It's the second they lose one game that the entire world comes crashing down. It's ONE game. You don't have hope anymore because of one game? Come on now..

This Wings team is completely different compared to the ones that got knocked out the past 4 years.

I really don't get some of you guys..it's amazing how such a CLOSE game that the Wings played really well in and could of won, but loss now is turned into some fans having no 'hope' left. I'm sorry but I'll never understand that and I think it's wrong. It's like you guys expect us the Wings to sweep every series and god forbid if they lose one that means its all over.

Its not that they some of us have no hope left, but some of us have seen over the last 5 years what happens with this team.

Teams steal one from us and come back harder, and then we cant put the wheels back on again.

That is what you are seeing.

Did this team look confident in the 3rd period?

Not to me they didnt.

thread of the night :clap:

also, why is no one talking about Z, i know he missed a lot too, but he hasnt exactly stepped up like he was before he got injured

I think it is a sensitve topic. Even when he wasn't stepping up earlier in the season, a lot of people were quik to pounce on anyone who spoke ill of Z. I think it lies in the fact that most see Z as our future.

I respect that he has been out, and I wont put the weight of the world on his shoulders ... but I do want him to find his pre-injury game and dominate once again.