• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
Must Kill

Pre-GAME 4: (4/19) Red Wings @ Flames - 9:30 PM EDT

Rate this topic

Really hope Bertuzzi plays again, he and Lang remind me of the Wings in the 2004 playoff series. Lazy and uninspired.

:o OH NO YOU DID NOT!

First off, Lang is a fantastic hockey player. He's just in a horrid slump and needs to get out of it. It happens, and he'll pull through. PROBABLY TONIGHT!

Secondly, It's apparently hard for some of you Flames fans to realize that Bertuzzi just came back from a strained neck/concussion. Do you expect him to come out flying, hitting everything in sight, and being on his A game already? I know we don't because that's the reality of it. No player when after coming back from a concussion is going to be himself until he gets in about a week of games. That being said, I really hope he crushes some of the Flames tonight. :D:P

:o OH NO YOU DID NOT!

First off, Lang is a fantastic hockey player. He's just in a horrid slump and needs to get out of it. It happens, and he'll pull through. PROBABLY TONIGHT!

Secondly, It's apparently hard for some of you Flames fans to realize that Bertuzzi just came back from a strained neck/concussion. Do you expect him to come out flying, hitting everything in sight, and being on his A game already? I know we don't because that's the reality of it. No player when after coming back from a concussion is going to be himself until he gets in about a week of games. That being said, I really hope he crushes some of the Flames tonight. :D:P

Let's hope so, cause Phaneuf looked a little wobbly after the Cleary hit. And he wasn't his normal self for the rest of the game

Don't know if this has already been posted but Ken Kal just said that Jiri Hudler may take Kyle Calder's spot tonight, making him a healthy scratch... he said that Babcock was looking for more from him in the first 3 games.

WHAT?! KYLE'S SPOT? NOT SAMMY? NOT EVEN LANG? BUT CALDER?!

Wings: 5

Flames: 3

Datsyuk, Bertuzzi, Zetterberg, Lebda, Franzen

Stuart, Giardano, Iginla

Although I don't like your score, it would be nice to see Stuart even hit the net, never mind actually score a goal.

30 games in a Flames uniform thus far, (Including playoffs) zero goals, 5 assists. In his stint with the Flames he has shot probably 70% of his shots wide, and another 20% into a player from the blueline.

This gets overlooked, because he has played some solid D on many nights (we won't talk about the other nights), and has had many games where he crushes people like he was doing in game three.

On another note, I have hardly noticed Calder in this series so far, but I did notice Hudler even with his limited ice in two games playing some good hockey and was a little surprised he was scratched in 3, I didn't really understand it, really I was just glad Bertuzzi was back.

From TSN's Ice Chips

Head Coach Mike Babcock may switch up his lines for Game 4 of the Wings series with the Flames. Todd Bertuzzi may replace Mikael Samuelsson on a line with Robert Lang and Kyle Calder in an attempt to jump start the offence. Samuelsson would likely be shifted to the fourth line with Valtteri Filppula and Johan Franzen or scratched in favor of Jiri Hudler. - Detroit News

Now that I can agree with.

Oh....and yes. Wings fans picking the wings to win, wow a shocker.

Every game = no.

Most games = yes. (count the trophies.....it happens alot)

There is only one reason the Wings didn't win Game 3: I didn't post in the GDT.

No, I think they lost because I was drinking beer instead of wine. A situation which will be rectified tonight!

Wings 2-1 in a bitter fought nail-biter.

Ugh! 7 hours to go, I can't stand it!! :crazy:

Countdown already. I like it. :P I'll be watching the little clock on the computer while I'm at class hopping I don't miss too much.

This game will be more intense than the last 3. I expect both teams to bring a better game than they did on Tuesday. Should be a close game. I think the possibility of over time is definitely there.

What I expect out of the Flames. Iginla will be better than last game. Once we gets going he is unstoppable. Lidstrom is a great d-man but with any playoff series no one has been able to shut down Iginla. Regher not playing again is a huge blow, but Giordano playing a great last game, we should be able to stay afloat on the blue line. Langkow and Huselius need to step up their play, these guys should be getting a couple chances each a game. Phaneuf will come out with a vengeance, he'll have number 11 on the mind.

I expect a better game out of Datysuk, I have a feeling Daper will keep up his level of play. Not sure what to think of Hasek. He played well the first two games, but didn't get a lot of shots. He got twice as many last game and didn't look his previous form. Bertuzzi will be, well, he'll be there. Not too much to say on him, I don't expect much.

I am not really big on predicting scores and I am not sure what to think of this game yet. Everyone knows the implications if Detroit wins. They will have a strangle hold on the series and probably take it on Saturday. Flames win and the momentum shift will be monumental and Flames have an opportunity to jump ahead.

I know a lot of the Detroit fans are worried, due to their recent past in the playoffs, but I don't think that the Detroit players are worried at all. The Flames know they are teetering on the edge here, so I think that motivation, plus the confidence from the win and the support of the fans (who will be even louder tonight) should make for a great game.

Go Flames!

The only good thing about these late games is that I will be out of the extended hours we have at the Museum I work at. We get out at 8:00, I won't get home till about 9:00. Then I get to watch the game - NOT RECORDED!!!

Well. I'm sure my wife will be asleep, so I will be catching everyone on intermissions, running into the computer inour bedroom during intermissions.

See you all then.

According to Helene St james the lines will be as follows:

Dats, Zetta, Homer

Bert, Lang, Franzen

Cleary, Drapes, Maltby

Sammy, Flip, Calder

http://www.freep.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article...032/1048/SPORTS

I don't think Calds deserves to be on the fourth line, but whatever. I actually like the Bert, Lang, Franzen line. That should REALLY spark up Lang.

It still should be Huds/Flip/Calds. No Sammy.

Edited by HockeyCrazy3033

I don't think Calds deserves to be on the fourth line, but whatever. I actually like the Bert, Lang, Franzen line. That should REALLY spark up Lang.

It still should be Huds/Flip/Calds. No Sammy.

I kinda agree with you. But I think Sammy was playing a lot better in game 3 then he was in 1/2. He seemed to me a few times he was skating right through Calgary's center. Although he didn't score, it just kinda seemed like he had a little more spunk in 3. It could just be me that thinks that though

UGH...no Huddles still...? At least Sammy is on the 4th line, but I'd rather see Huds or Calder with Lang than Bert.

To me it seems like it's been whoever is the best on our team gets top lines, but it should be line combos based on how well they work together. Bert - Lang - Calds might've been okay, I dunno...

Edited by Offsides

UGH...no Huddles still...? At least Sammy is on the 4th line, but I'd rather see Huds or Calder with Lang than Bert.

Umm maybe Bertuzzi will accidentally "knock some sense into" Lang if he doesn't step it up... :lol:

Actually I think Calder should be much better with someone other than Lang. I can forsee flip and calder having some success.

Edited by Mighty Wings

Not sure what to think of Hasek. He played well the first two games, but didn't get a lot of shots. He got twice as many last game and didn't look his previous form.

Hasek looked fine on Tuesday to me. Giordano's goal was a bad clear, and a completely screened shot, and what can you say about Iggy's goal-- a thing of beauty! :siren:

Actually I think Calder should be much better with someone other than Lang. I can forsee flip and calder having some success.

True. I just want to see him play a lot. lol

If it were up to me this would be the lines:

Zetterberg-Datsyuk-Holmstrom

Calder-Filppula-Bertuzzi

Franzen-Lang-Hudler

Cleary-Draper-Maltby

Edited by HockeyCrazy3033

True. I just want to see him play a lot. lol

If it were up to me this would be the lines:

Zetterberg-Datsyuk-Holmstrom

Calder-Filppula-Bertuzzi

Franzen-Lang-Hudler

Cleary-Draper-Maltby

True, but Flips and Huds were getting barely any ice time in games 1 and 2 and had, I believe, 4 points between them. So, it's not necessarily about ice time.

My lines:

Datsyuk - Homer - Flip

Calder - Lang - Huds

Bert - Z - Franzen

Cleary - Draper - Malts

im so pumped to watch this one folks!

i honestly dont know how this one is going to go,

nonetheless ill be here cheering on the Wings!

Wings need to attack early, and hopefully often (akin to games 1 + 2) :clap:

LANG: you're killin me pal. step it up. net one.

:siren: