• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
CNDHockeyFan

No respect

Rate this topic

As a hockey fan in general, and a goaltender that has been playing for over 12 years at varying levels I am very disturbed at the lack of respect for goaltenders in this series. Even more so at the Red Wings, this is a team that has shown little to no respect for goaltenders and in general other players on the ice. I guess this is reflection of a team that would pick up a player like Todd Bertuzzi, hits that are low on players, hitting other players into there own goaltender, putting elbows up when other players are coming in for a clean hit. It is no wonder why the Flames backup did what he did in the last few minutes, live by the sword die by the sword… and in what is now becoming true Red Wings style the player over sells something and takes away from the game (not that what he did was right). It has proved to be a classless team, and one of my favorite players in International hockey Kris Draper has sold himself out and started to buy into a system that is not a true reflection of how the game is to be played. From a true hockey fan I am just disgusted at this team and if the flames don’t knock them out of the playoffs I hope the next team does.

Just my 2 cents

As a hockey fan in general, and a goaltender that has been playing for over 12 years at varying levels I am very disturbed at the lack of respect for goaltenders in this series. Even more so at the Red Wings, this is a team that has shown little to no respect for goaltenders and in general other players on the ice. I guess this is reflection of a team that would pick up a player like Todd Bertuzzi, hits that are low on players, hitting other players into there own goaltender, putting elbows up when other players are coming in for a clean hit. It is no wonder why the Flames backup did what he did in the last few minutes, live by the sword die by the sword… and in what is now becoming true Red Wings style the player over sells something and takes away from the game (not that what he did was right). It has proved to be a classless team, and one of my favorite players in International hockey Kris Draper has sold himself out and started to buy into a system that is not a true reflection of how the game is to be played. From a true hockey fan I am just disgusted at this team and if the flames don’t knock them out of the playoffs I hope the next team does.

Just my 2 cents

I agree that the respect for the tenders has been disgusting, at least in game 5, but HOW can you just defend what McLennan did?? That was just disgusting. I hope after he returns from his suspension he never plays a game in a Flames uniform again.

Just my 2 cents

I dont think you know what your talking about. Blaming basically everything thats happened on the Wings. Please get outta here.

Just my 2 cents.

OH yeah that hit on Franzen was well deserved how about we go and get Bertuzzi to hit kipper in the head with his stick and then punch him go back to canada, that was some of the dirtiest play that i've seen since we played colorado go onto your flames website you troll

so i guess if we have hasek hit iginla in the head with the stick that would be fair wow. Learn about hockey before you talk because you sound so ignorent about hockey that you need to read some books watch some games and then come talk

I agree that the respect for the tenders has been disgusting, at least in game 5, but HOW can you just defend what McLennan did?? That was just disgusting. I hope after he returns from his suspension he never plays a game in a Flames uniform again.

Like I said in another post, when you watch the play the guy in front of the net hit McLennan with his stick... a tender that just steps into the game you get hit in the face and in all 5 games you have seen you friend get run OVER and OVER again. I would have dropped my gloves and taken a round out of him myself. But if there is on thing in the NHL that bugs me the most it is the stick work... I can not defend the use of the stick.

But at the sametime, how can you not be upset at the player that drops his kness when going for a hip check... or a guy that puts his elbow up on a clean hit. I guess this game is going both ways, and in the last few mintues the flames got a bit dirty, but at the sametime there has been very very dirty play by the red wings in the last 4 games. It was just a matter of time.

I can't believe you can call yourself a true hockey fan and be bitching about the Wings respect for the goalie.

95% of the times that a Wing has ended up hitting Kipper it was because a Flame had just checked them into the net. If Calgary doesn't respect their own goalie how can Detroit.

Watch the end of game 5 if you truely want to see some dirty play. The Flames are classless and hopefully the NHL will hand out some suspensions for the cheap shots.

Like I said in another post, when you watch the play the guy in front of the net hit McLennan with his stick... a tender that just steps into the game you get hit in the face and in all 5 games you have seen you friend get run OVER and OVER again. I would have dropped my gloves and taken a round out of him myself. But if there is on thing in the NHL that bugs me the most it is the stick work... I can not defend the use of the stick.

But at the sametime, how can you not be upset at the player that drops his kness when going for a hip check... or a guy that puts his elbow up on a clean hit. I guess this game is going both ways, and in the last few mintues the flames got a bit dirty, but at the sametime there has been very very dirty play by the red wings in the last 4 games. It was just a matter of time.

Again you have NO idea what your talking about.

The Wings havent run Kipper. Like tweek said 95% of the time the Wing landed on Kipper its cause his own damn team checked them into their own goalie. Example, the Maltby penalty today. Even the NBC announcers said that wasnt a penalty.

What a bunch of cheap shot artists the Flames are.

Getting a good goslie off of his game has always been part of hockey. But when the goalie gets kicked out of a game and the rest of the team are using the stick with intent to injure, well, I lost all respect for the goons from Calgary.

Goons and cheap shot artists.

Edited by Pucker

Just my 2 cents

You must be blind, because you must of not been watching the same game this afternoon... WAKE UP PAL

I can't believe you call yourself a hockey fan and call things that are hockey (hip checks, defending yourself from a hit, etc...) dirty play. The flames have been leading with their elbow. Hell Iginla elbowed Dom in the head and Dom got a penalty in game 4.

I know you have never seen Detroit turn to the disgusting cheaps shots when they were out of a game. Oh wait they have never been embarassed like Calgary has been in this series.

Guest Crymson

As a hockey fan in general, and a goaltender that has been playing for over 12 years at varying levels I am very disturbed at the lack of respect for goaltenders in this series. Even more so at the Red Wings, this is a team that has shown little to no respect for goaltenders and in general other players on the ice. I guess this is reflection of a team that would pick up a player like Todd Bertuzzi, hits that are low on players, hitting other players into there own goaltender, putting elbows up when other players are coming in for a clean hit. It is no wonder why the Flames backup did what he did in the last few minutes, live by the sword die by the swordâ€Â¦ and in what is now becoming true Red Wings style the player over sells something and takes away from the game (not that what he did was right). It has proved to be a classless team, and one of my favorite players in International hockey Kris Draper has sold himself out and started to buy into a system that is not a true reflection of how the game is to be played. From a true hockey fan I am just disgusted at this team and if the flames don’t knock them out of the playoffs I hope the next team does.

Just my 2 cents

How, indeed, have you missed the many times that Flames players have had to be pulled off of Dominik Hasek by the Wings defense?

Give me a break. Also, please list for me every overt attempt by the Red Wings to run Kiprusoff.

That you have the gall to come onto this board after how your team has just behaved and point your finger at the Wings is beyond my comprehension.

Edited by Crymson

Like I said in another post, when you watch the play the guy in front of the net hit McLennan with his stick... a tender that just steps into the game you get hit in the face and in all 5 games you have seen you friend get run OVER and OVER again.

How many times has Kipper been "run?" Cleary's Earth-Shattering nudge in Game 2? Maltby getting shoved onto him today? Kipper's been well protected and unmolested for the duration of this series.

How many times has Kipper been "run?" Cleary's Earth-Shattering nudge in Game 2? Maltby getting shoved onto him today? Kipper's been well protected and unmolested for the duration of this series.

Yeah, the idea of Kipper being abused out there earns major lolz

You have not seen running the goalie if that defines goalie hanky-panky

Just my 2 cents

I think you are a joke to even sit there and put all the blame on the wings, and i think you are an even bigger joke to tell me that what jamie did is justified.You are a Hypocrite because you sit there and say that you can justify the reason that Jamie hit Franzen but then you say " I guess this is reflection of a team that would pick up a player like Todd Bertuzzi" who did the exact same thing that Jamie did. He got hot headed and lost his cool. But you shun bertuzzi for life, and yet Jamie is justified. Go figre. You say you are a Canadian hockey fan, and that appears to be true, you are a fan of oly canadian hockey and not hockey in general. If you were watching the Same series i was, and for that matter the same regualr season, you will see that everyteam puts pressure on goalies, and how many times did we see Hasek get run down this year? about 10000. How many times did i see the flames rush hasek? I think it was just about as many times as the wings rushed kipper. I would say quit bitching because its going both ways. If kipper really doesnt want to get hurt, why dont you tell the flames to stop knocking our team into him whenever they are around the net because that is getting ridicuouls (for example the first period with Maltby). I think you should think about what you are going to say next time before you actually go ahead and say it....because you sound like a closeminded Hypocrite! Just my 2 cents....

Edited by My GF Wishes I Was Hank

The fact that you try to defend Jamie McLennan shows you're a joke.

If the refs don't stop the goaltenders from getting run, someones got to... I'll support him too.

I think you are a joke to even sit there and put all the blame on the wings, and i think you are an even bigger joke to tell me that what jamie did is justified.You are a hipocrit because you sit there and say that you can justify the reason that Jamie hit Franzen but then you say " I guess this is reflection of a team that would pick up a player like Todd Bertuzzi" who did the exact same thing that Jamie did. He got hot headed and lost his cool. But you shun bertuzzi for life, and yet Jamie is justified. Go figre.

What McLennan and Bertuzzi did were nothing alike... McLennan barely hit him, but regardless.

Calgary fans don't boo Bertuzzi over the Moore incident, we boo him because he was a canuck. Just like we boo Pronger because he was an oiler.

What McLennan and Bertuzzi did were nothing alike... McLennan barely hit him, but regardless.

Baseball swing to the chest, 'tis nothing, eh?

Please, provide examples of Kipper being run. I've already got a reply floating around in this thread:

"How many times has Kipper been 'run?' Cleary's Earth-Shattering nudge in Game 2? Maltby getting shoved onto him today? Kipper's been well protected and unmolested for the duration of this series."

While Brett Lebda's hit WAS low, this is not a common occurance, and because of Lebda's reputation, I will say this was an accident. He was the one who was hurt after the play.

There is no excuse for McLennan's slash, Iginla's butt-end or the cross-checks towards the end of the game.

Calgary fans don't boo Bertuzzi over the Moore incident, we boo him because he was a canuck. Just like we boo Pronger because he was an oiler.

First off what Jamie did is the EXACT same thing. He did waht he did with the intent to injure and to get revenge for a teamate. Bertuzzi hit more because more had knocked out naslund the game before that. And i could care a less as to why you boo him, the fact that he stated that the wings showed what type of team they were because they picked up Bertuzzi makes no sense with what you are trying to say. He clearly meant that we wanted to be a dirty team because Bertuzzi has played dirty. You want to see a dirty player, look at hte Captain of the Flames. Lead by example eh? And he does that so well, if hes ganna play dirty, the rest of the team will as well, and by golly, they are doing just that. GREAT LEADER! LOVING IT! I'm never usually this much of a "homer" and i can usually see each thing from both sides, but this to me is such a one sideded topic....

Guest GordieSid&Ted

If the refs don't stop the goaltenders from getting run, someones got to... I'll support him too.

Go troll somewhere else man. Seriously, you may be able to fool some folks around here but you ain't fooling me. You don't believe any of this horses*** you've been spewing and you know it. You want to talk about running into goalies? How many goalie interference calls did the Wings get today, was it 1. I think it was just the Maltby one and the Versus guys and Pierre all said the same thing, Giordano drove Maltby into him and that it shouldn't have been a call. You're just in here to troll and rile people up. You don't fool me you trickster you. Although I appreciate the gamesmanship you know you're full of it and you know you're team was terrible today and you know that Jamie's getting a suspension and that the Flames played like a bunch of out of control sore losers today. I'm going to bed happy tonight knowing my team dominated yours and the only thing you can do is troll our forum to try and get some kind of rise out of folks because you have a need to feel like you can win at something, especially when your team got embarrassed today. Me thinks you are maybe compensating for some inadequacy in a certain area, no?