• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Packer487

Convince me why I shouldn't be dreading this series....

Rate this topic

I guess that the Sharks are just too fast for us and we are so slow and weak and old..... We should just hand them the series and let them play the Ducks in the next round since no one is giving us or the Canucks a chance in hell at beating either of the 2 teams. I will laugh my ass off when it will be Vancouver vs. Detroit in the West finals.

I've watched both teams religiously this year.

The Wings cannot skate with the Sharks. They will win if they are smarter and play a team game and utilize their experience, but they can't win based on size/speed and overall youth.

I've watched both teams religiously this year.

The Wings cannot skate with the Sharks. They will win if they are smarter and play a team game and utilize their experience, but they can't win based on size/speed and overall youth.

We have to play like we did against the Flames. Staying out of the box is KEY. They killed us on the pp during the season.

One area where we might have an advantage is defensive break-outs. Calgary didn't get much because the D was so good at moving the pick out of the zone. Sharks are good, but I have watched enough Sharks games to know they are certainly likely to turn the puck over. Maybe Rivet has stabilized them. Let's hope not.

I didn't take the time to read all 10 pages, so if this is a repeat, sorry.

I did read a lot of San Jose's size being of some concern. People think San Jose will beat us up, like Calgary tried to do. However, that isn't San Jose's game. They are a puck possesion team, much like Detroit. I think Detroit is better suited for this style.

The Sharks have been getting scoring for all 4 lines, against Nashville. Detroit is a much better team defensvely than the Preds, and the Pred tried to beat up the Sharks. You can get away with that for a game or two, but unless you team can skate with the opposition, simply beating them up won't so much. Which is why Nashville got ousted.

Detroit can play any game San Jose trys to play. More importantly, Detroit has the ability to set the tone, and style of play. I think if Nick can shut down Joey just like he shut down Iggy, Detroit wins no doubt. The only thing that really scares me about San Jose is the PP. And in this series, they aren't going to get the same 25 opportunities a game that they did in the regular season.

Also, Hasek is playing much better than he was during the regular season. I had my doubts going into the playoffs, I was really worried that Hasek would be bad. But he has proven me wrong, (mmm anyone else for some humble pie?) and he is playing out of his mind. With Hasek playing like that, there is no doubt we have the advantage in net, and that's huge. Look for Hasek to steal a game, maybe even 2 for us in this series.

I guess that the Sharks are just too fast for us and we are so slow and weak and old..... We should just hand them the series and let them play the Ducks in the next round since no one is giving us or the Canucks a chance in hell at beating either of the 2 teams. I will laugh my ass off when it will be Vancouver vs. Detroit in the West finals.

Now you're just being stupid. Yeah, I said it... feel free to quote this if you're right. I'll gladly eat some crow with Bernie.

We have to play like we did against the Flames. Staying out of the box is KEY. They killed us on the pp during the season.

Now this is correct. I feel that Detroit CAN play a good 5-on-5 series if the forwards do not let SJ get that step on them when they rush. As for the work in the corners, only Anaheim is as effective as the Sharks. We will have to work very hard and play smart.

Why the Red Wings could win

1. Red Wings D Nicklas Lidstrom will match up against the Joe Thornton line when possible, and Lidstrom has a knack for tying up scorers without getting penalties.

2. the Red Wings have answered most questions about their team. Pavel Datsyuk scored in the playoffs, Henrik Zetterberg has proven that he is healthy, and Hasek looks fresh. They matched the Calgary Flames hit for hit.

3. The Red Wings are getting scoring up and down the lineup, even from Robert Lang's second line, which had been struggling.

4. The Sharks' power play is 1-for-23 in the playoffs so far.

5. Lidstrom is hot with 2 goals and 6 assists, and teammate Johan Franzen has two goals, three assists and a plus 7 rating.

Take Detroit in 7.

Why the Red Wings could win

1. Red Wings D Nicklas Lidstrom will match up against the Joe Thornton line when possible, and Lidstrom has a knack for tying up scorers without getting penalties.

2. the Red Wings have answered most questions about their team. Pavel Datsyuk scored in the playoffs, Henrik Zetterberg has proven that he is healthy, and Hasek looks fresh. They matched the Calgary Flames hit for hit.

3. The Red Wings are getting scoring up and down the lineup, even from Robert Lang's second line, which had been struggling.

4. The Sharks' power play is 1-for-23 in the playoffs so far.

5. Lidstrom is hot with 2 goals and 6 assists, and teammate Johan Franzen has two goals, three assists and a plus 7 rating.

Take Detroit in 7.

The only problem that I have with this is picking either team in 7 games. When you get to a game 7, it's anyones games. Anyone in the NHL could potentially beat anyone once. I just don't like picking a winner when you say it will go 7. Game 7's have a nack for not turning out how you thought they would.

The only problem that I have with this is picking either team in 7 games. When you get to a game 7, it's anyones games. Anyone in the NHL could potentially beat anyone once. I just don't like picking a winner when you say it will go 7. Game 7's have a nack for not turning out how you thought they would.

I think its safer to say the sharks will have a harder time winning game 7 than the wings will for obvious reasons

All I am gunna say is 1994.

all im gonna say is that was 13 years ago lol, the teams are so different, this season detroit is comparable to calgary at home. Honestly

all im gonna say is that was 13 years ago lol, the teams are so different, this season detroit is comparable to calgary at home. Honestly

It doesn't matter that the teams are different. My point is still the same, anything is possible in a game 7. There is no obvious, or clear cut favorite in a game 7.

It doesn't matter that the teams are different. My point is still the same, anything is possible in a game 7. There is no obvious, or clear cut favorite in a game 7.

hahaha, i see your point that anything can happen, but lets just say as a wings fan i feel better about having game 7 at the joe and not at the tank, as i would assume you do too, as i would assume sharks fans wish it was a home game, which then means there obviously is some favoritism shown.

hahaha, i see your point that anything can happen, but lets just say as a wings fan i feel better about having game 7 at the joe and not at the tank, as i would assume you do too, as i would assume sharks fans wish it was a home game, which then means there obviously is some favoritism shown.

Well, I am kind of torn at having game 7 at the Joe. If it were a team like Calgary that is pretty much an AHL team on the road, then sure, no doubt. But San Jose isn't, and playing in front of your home crowd can cause a team to play under a little more pressure.

However, having a game 7 at the Joe can also give the Wings that added edge. I don't think the Fish Bowl will be packed with all Sharks fans. There should be a few Wings fans there, so playing games there shouldn't be as tough.

Obviously the fans for both teams would rather have the game 7 in their arena. I just don't think that it makes that much of a difference in this series.

I like our odds in this series. Wings in 6.