• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
Yc172

Octopus

Rate this topic

if you do go through with the plan (which i will be watching for) let me know how you did it so then i can do the same on the away games.

i think youll get in a lot mroe trouble if you throw it on the ice at the shark tank, compared to the JLA

i think youll get in a lot mroe trouble if you throw it on the ice at the shark tank, compared to the JLA

maybe thats why i will have to sit with it for the entire game then get rid of it the last few minutes

This whole octopus connection has gotten WAY out of hand. Merchandise, a glowing, sneering giant octopus hanging over the ice? An octopus on a Wing's goalie mask? Why can't fans throw plush or plastic octopi a la Panthers '96? Throwing dead mollusks at your heroes cannot be considered worship--frankly it is extremely overrated/outdated. And disgusting. Personally I would hate to be on the ice and see that kind of thing happening. And before people argue TRADITION there are some pretty heinous things done in the name of it so that's not a solid argument.

You have to ask yourself.

a. Do you know the story of the Detroit Red Wings octopus toss?

b. Who does it hurt?

maybe hes with peta

:scared: I just cannot believe there is a Red Wings Fan actually speaking out against the mighty tradition of throwing octopi!!!

It just doesn't seem right.........:unsure:.............just not right............. :unsure:

Uh-Oh. Octo is mad now! :octo:

SEE WHAT YOU HAVE DONE!!!!???? :scared:

You have to ask yourself.

a. Do you know the story of the Detroit Red Wings octopus toss?

b. Who does it hurt?

a. Yes, I know the story. It's a pretty oft-told tale of such amazing creativity one would be daft to forget it.

b. Well, for starters, there's the limp husk of a once living being that is being exploited for some sort of 'effect'. Then there's the players, who likely would prefer not to be sliding face first through the bodily fluids of an octopus. And finally, there are apparently crazy fans like myself, who would just prefer if some facet of the world could be conducted without some sicko display. Let's face it, most fans are at the game to chug a beer and act the idiot...whether this involves chucking cephalopod, booing his own team, slapping bare bellies with the stranger next to him...

...am I missing something? :yowza:

a. Yes, I know the story. It's a pretty oft-told tale of such amazing creativity one would be daft to forget it.

b. Well, for starters, there's the limp husk of a once living being that is being exploited for some sort of 'effect'. Then there's the players, who likely would prefer not to be sliding face first through the bodily fluids of an octopus. And finally, there are apparently crazy fans like myself, who would just prefer if some facet of the world could be conducted without some sicko display. Let's face it, most fans are at the game to chug a beer and act the idiot...whether this involves chucking cephalopod, booing his own team, slapping bare bellies with the stranger next to him...

... am I missing something?i] :yowza:

Yes, it's a game. The octopus is already dead and was going to be eaten anyway. And it makes children smile. Adults with "cruelty" issues on the other hand... Why don't you take up a chess team to root for and leave the sport of hockey to the other drunk, overweight cavemen rooting for blood and raw seafood on ice.

P.S. Most people are there to see a hockey game, beer and fun are side affects.

Yes, it's a game. The octopus is already dead and was going to be eaten anyway. And it makes children smile. Adults with "cruelty" issues on the other hand... Why don't you take up a chess team to root for and leave the sport of hockey to the other drunk, overweight cavemen rooting for blood and raw seafood on ice.

P.S. Most people are there to see a hockey game, beer and fun are side affects.

You're right, I have some cave drawings to get back to...just thought it was worth offering a match to those of you in the dark.

Which is pretty sad, actually.

are you even watching the same sport as us? If its so classless and disgusting, go watch polo or something, which is gentlemanly in every way

Ok well the plan as of right now is to throw it towards the end of the game.. maybe in the last five minutes if they are winning.. to get it in i plan on a plastic bag taped to my inner thigh.. me and my buddy are both going to have one (we will also be painted half white and half red) and we are sitting in the upper bowl so we will have to get down lower so we dont come up short and hit anyone in the stands. But i think that once we get to our seats we will untape them and put htem under our seats... i think people around us will understand the smell.. we are not going to boil them or anything.. just maybe bring some axe or somthing to cover up the smell a little bit. The only problem is if they are not winning/ getting blown out. If that happens i dont want to throw it but it will be such a hassel to bring them in and stuff i wont know what to do!

and i dont want to throw it at the beginning because if i do and i get kicked out there goes $100 down the drain

I know thats the reason I travel atleast 4 hours every single time I want to catch a Wings game. D*mn Americans, who are they to have fun at a game?

Are you from France? :P

Edited by Never Forget Mac #25

I'm not saying NHL tradition is a bad thing, it's just a stupid justification for throwing dead things on the ice. And all I'm asking you to ask yourself is why is the octopus aspect of your idea of tradition so important and beloved???

Who are you? And why do you think that tradition doesn't matter?

Would you touch the conference champs trophy?

Would you even look at the presidents cup?

Do you not stand up during the national anthem??

Aren't these all traditions? why don't we just throw all of these away too?

I say the more octopi the better...

Give one to every fan and let them pick a time and throw them on the ice whenever they feel like it (that might be a bit of overkill)

what I'm really saying is that if you have a chance and can stomach the feeling of an octopus on your body, Do It!!

Ill root for you, and ill even sign a petition that you shouldn't be kicked out...

. And finally, there are apparently crazy fans like myself, who would just prefer if some facet of the world could be conducted without some sicko display. Let's face it, most fans are at the game to chug a beer and act the idiot...whether this involves chucking cephalopod, booing his own team, slapping bare bellies with the stranger next to him...

Question...if you want a facet of the world without some sicko display then why watch sports at all? Hockey is not a refined sport by any means....Baseball players spend most of the game feeling themselves up, most Basketball players are thugs in long shorts and gym shoes, football is out as well since the ball is referred to as a "pigskin". I'm certain that upsets your delicate sensibilities.

I don't think you should watch polo either, the horses can get hurt in those matches.

I have the perfect ice based sport for you. CURLING! No animals, no physical contact, a little cheering but refined.. it's perfect for you. Enjoy!

I like seeing them thrown before the game, when they come back from a commercial. The last two games Al had one before the opening faceoff and was swinging it over his head, the Wings won both games. Doc made a comment about it going into the Detroit river.

Ok well the plan as of right now is to throw it towards the end of the game.. maybe in the last five minutes if they are winning.. to get it in i plan on a plastic bag taped to my inner thigh.. me and my buddy are both going to have one (we will also be painted half white and half red) and we are sitting in the upper bowl so we will have to get down lower so we dont come up short and hit anyone in the stands. But i think that once we get to our seats we will untape them and put htem under our seats... i think people around us will understand the smell.. we are not going to boil them or anything.. just maybe bring some axe or somthing to cover up the smell a little bit. The only problem is if they are not winning/ getting blown out. If that happens i dont want to throw it but it will be such a hassel to bring them in and stuff i wont know what to do!

and i dont want to throw it at the beginning because if i do and i get kicked out there goes $100 down the drain

Rock on! I will be watching for you with eager anticipation :)

Hopefully you aren't in our section 'cause I really don't want to smell the uncooked rotting seafood :lol:

Edited by OsGOD

This whole octopus connection has gotten WAY out of hand. Merchandise, a glowing, sneering giant octopus hanging over the ice? An octopus on a Wing's goalie mask? Why can't fans throw plush or plastic octopi a la Panthers '96? Throwing dead mollusks at your heroes cannot be considered worship--frankly it is extremely overrated/outdated. And disgusting. Personally I would hate to be on the ice and see that kind of thing happening. And before people argue TRADITION there are some pretty heinous things done in the name of it so that's not a solid argument.

Judging by your statements, it seems like you're confusing throwing a dead octopus on the ice and gang-rapping a player with a dead octopus. Big difference.

Judging by your statements, it seems like you're confusing throwing a dead octopus on the ice and gang-rapping a player with a dead octopus. Big difference.

I'm in favor of either happening