• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
MJN

Babcock is all business

Rate this topic

Anyone catch the bench celebration after the game winner? Whole team jumped over the boards, and Maclean kept his arms folded, while Babcock sipped his water like a southern deb, as if nothing had happened.

I like it. I like that Babcock and MacLean didn't feel as if there was anything to celebrate. Instead they realize we we're lucky and that they gotta go back to the board, encourage more shooting, more banging on net, and apparently allowing Lang 30 minutes a game irrespective of his lazy ass, so he can score fluky goals. Definitely a different team from last few years, lots of heart....

That is what my Dad and I always say..that he is exactly like Bowman, in that he doesn't celebrate, or smile after wins. He's the type that won't do so UNTIL he wins it all. I actually like that a lot. He's definitely all business. I like that he keeps it that way. I think it shows his team that he's going to be tough no matter what. They won't ever have it easy..and that nothing will be good enough until they win the Cup.

I mean obviously inside the guy is FILLED with job, but he's a very compsed fella and I think that's great.

I noticed this too.. reminded me of Scotty Bowman..

My sentiments exactly. Granted, having watched many Sharks games all year, it's also pretty cool to see the coach get excited with the team. But, you're right, Babcock knows there is still a lot of work ahead, and that this is now a Best-of-3 series.

Haven't gotten on the board since last year's disapoitment and I have to say that this isn't the same team that gets banged up and can't seem to get a break... Babcock is the man, plus I don't know with Hasek around it just feels nerve racking, but safer than with anyone else... awesome win in game 4....

Babcock needs not to be sacked if we go out...

inho he's the best coach in the NHL. Lets be honest. We don't have a team of superstars, yet we get it done time after time.

He kind of had that look on his face like I get on Mondays after a hard day...I know I put in some serious work but I have a whole week ahead of me!!

He kind of had that look on his face like I get on Mondays after a hard day...I know I put in some serious work but I have a whole week ahead of me!!
:lol:

He's a great great coach. Doesn't get enough credit if you ask me.

I think it was because, he is a professional hockey coach, part of being a coach is constantly trying to improve your team he obviously saw things he didn't like out there tonight and probably saw things he did like. there are definitely things to celebrate but unfortunately, probably more things not to...

Just look at the way Babcock has this team working their tales off on the ice. They're hitting, skating hard and competing. When you do that, you get rewarded with timely goals like Datsyuk's gamewinner in game 2 and Lang's game-tying goal in game 4. This is exactly what I want to see come the playoffs and finally I am!

If Babs is reminding folks of Bowman, that's definitely a good thing. :thumbup:

MacLean was coach of our minor league team for a couple years. He was a great coach and very nice man on top of it. That's the way he was here too, all business. He say things like "They can celebrate this one tonight and then it's back to work. We haven't won anything yet."

Just look at the way Babcock has this team working their tales off on the ice. They're hitting, skating hard and competing. When you do that, you get rewarded with timely goals like Datsyuk's gamewinner in game 2 and Lang's game-tying goal in game 4. This is exactly what I want to see come the playoffs and finally I am!

Could it be? Barnesy on board with the Wings? Look out world! That's the final piece of the puzzle!

Just havin' a little fun with ya, RB!. It's taken a year for Mike to seize the reins and really make it his team, but I think he's done a reasonable good job in getting the most out of this bunch.

I've heard a lot of people bashing on Babs, but I've always loved him as a coach. I think he's more than capable of leading a team to the cup. Hopefully, it'll be us this year.

BTW, I love (i think it is anyway) Flips face in the picture above on the far right. he's all like, "what the fuuuu...?"