• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
Cicada

Liv, Ellis, Meech, Ericsson & Howard recalled...

Rate this topic

Guest Agalloch

Well, Ellis should definitely replace Datsyuk, because Datsyuk doesn't have a hat trick in every playoff game so far.

Meech should replace Lidstrom, because he sucks, and is worse than Nathan Dempsey.

Liv should replace Hasek, because he flops. Liv would definitely give a fifty-save shutout in every game.

</overraction after a loss>

Liv & Howard ? Did I miss something? Is Ozzie hurt? :huh:

i would imagine it's for practice when hasek and osgood are working with the goalie coaches.

Liv & Howard ? Did I miss something? Is Ozzie hurt? :huh:

Babs was changing lines so much that Ozzie broke his finger on his writing hand... out indefinently...

Oh yea, I forgot to ask. I've been wondering, who on the Wings gets their name on the Stanley Cup and gets Stanley Cup rings? For instance, Kronwall, who was a regular during the regular season but probably won't play in the playoffs, does he get it still? What about guys like Quincey, who played only occasionally during the regular season, but has played a couple playoff games, what about him? And now these guys who have been called up, some of whom haven't played at all during the regular season and most likely wont play a single playoff game, but are on the big club roster for the playoffs, do they get it? Let's see who's got the biggest hockey brain out there...

Oh yea, I forgot to ask. I've been wondering, who on the Wings gets their name on the Stanley Cup and gets Stanley Cup rings? For instance, Kronwall, who was a regular during the regular season but probably won't play in the playoffs, does he get it still? What about guys like Quincey, who played only occasionally during the regular season, but has played a couple playoff games, what about him? And now these guys who have been called up, some of whom haven't played at all during the regular season and most likely wont play a single playoff game, but are on the big club roster for the playoffs, do they get it? Let's see who's got the biggest hockey brain out there...

I probably don't have a big Hockey Brain, but as far as I know any player that played in the playoffs for the winning team gets their name on the Cup.

To get your name on the Cup you have got to play at least 40 regular season games, or one game in the Stanley Cup Finals.

I probably don't have a big Hockey Brain, but as far as I know any player that played in the playoffs for the winning team gets their name on the Cup.

Yea, but what about Kronwall, he was a big part of the regular season, but now he doesn't get squat just because of an injury? That sucks

I could be WAY wrong here, and if I am please feel free to bash me, but I thought I heard a while ago that a player has to play 42 regular season games or 8 playoff games, for goalies I think it's something like 20 reg, 1 PO.

Totally not sure on that though...

I could be WAY wrong here, and if I am please feel free to bash me, but I thought I heard a while ago that a player has to play 42 regular season games or 8 playoff games, for goalies I think it's something like 20 reg, 1 PO.

Totally not sure on that though...

Not sure either, but if you play 1 game in the Finals, you are on the Cup if your team wins. See Mike Ramsey in 97.

looking at the games played, *if* the Wings win the cup:

out of the current roster

Liv, Meech, Howard, Qunicey,Bertuzzi, Ellis, Kopecky and Langfield will have to play in the cup finals to get their name on the cup. All the rest will get their name due to the RS games played.

Not sure either, but if you play 1 game in the Finals, you are on the Cup if your team wins. See Mike Ramsey in 97.

don't forget Jiri Sleigr in 2002

Yea, but what about Kronwall, he was a big part of the regular season, but now he doesn't get squat just because of an injury? That sucks

The same can be said for Ozzie as he didn't come close to 40 GP (unless goaltenders get a different amount of games in the reg season)

I believe the coaches can petition the league for the a players name to be added... sort of like an exception.

I found this on wikipedia... so It may or may not be true (41 games is 1/2 the NHL season, so it makes sense in that aspect):

Currently, in order to have one's name inscribed on the Cup, a player must have played at least 41 games for the championship team during the regular season (provided the player remains with the team when they win the Cup) or at least played in one game of the Finals. However, the NHL will also permit other reasons on a case-by-case basis
Edited by OsGOD

I believe the exception to that role is a backup goaltender, the backup goaltender does not have to play in a playoff game to get his name on the cup.... although I dont believe this would apply to howard or liv, and it definitley would not apply if they do not dress.

Prior to 1977 only players who had completed the Stanley Cup playoffs were eligible. Today, players appearing in 41 regular-season games or one Stanley Cup Final game for the championship team have their names engraved on the Cup. The NHL makes exceptions for players who do not meet the standard because of injury or other extenuating circumstances