• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Matt

Post-Game 5 (5/5): Red Wings 4, Sharks 1

Rate this topic

I was just checking out some sharks forums. Laughable. Before the game they were just saying that they were the best team in the league. Now one guy said that the team is one dimensional in Joe Thornton. LOL. No such team exists where they are one dimensional and also the best team in the league. Idiots. I don't think they know hockey over there.

Anyways, great game. I figured the wings were due to explode offensively. The sharks might be beaten mentally now. We'll see. It could still easily go to 7 games, but I would not be worried if that happens.

The bounces are finally evening out in this series. In my opinion, half the goals that San jose has scored in this series have been because of lucky bounces. Now detroit is getting some, with the puck comnig right to Zetterberg on the first goal and Nabby making a bad play to Dats on the second goal. Things are turning in favor of Detroit now.

Let's step on their throat now boys. No need for 7 games. Let's earn a few days rest. Wow what a game.

BTW, how HILARIOUS was it when Bert threw the Octopus on Ozzie and Oz is just standing there, blowing bubbles, not being phased at all by it! The thing looked real from a far. I would of been scared! haha

Anyone got a video of that? I was typing a reply and missed it completely!!! :(

Either way, that was funny :lol:

This team has shown a lot of heart this year. I don't care what happens the rest of the series/playoffs... you CANNOT be disappointed in this team.

A great game by everyone today. Quincey is certainly getting a crash course in the NHL and he is holding his own. The defense as a whole has been pretty good considering the injuries.

Yet ANOTHER rally by the Wings today, I love it.

WOW, what a game by the Wings i was very impressed with this win..... Dat,zetts and Homer played very well.. And our PP is back with homer back, 4 for 10 were looking good.. Hopefully Matts is ok, anyone know what his exact injury is?

you know, i never really appreciated holmstrom untill this playoff season. i knew he was great and the chemistry was good, and he was great in front of the net, but now he really is such a HUGE player for the team. i never really noticed untill recently how big he really is for them and how they need him in the lineup

WOW, what a game by the Wings i was very impressed with this win..... Dat,zetts and Homer played very well.. And our PP is back with homer back, 4 for 10 were looking good.. Hopefully Matts is ok, anyone know what his exact injury is?

I'm just hoping he didn't break/fracture anything.

As well as they played today, they can't afford to lose Schneider for a long stretch of time.

I will be the first to admit, I under valued Homer's worth to this team. HE has made all the difference in the series.

Lang, Sammy, and Schneider all of the Schneid in the last two games, and they are playing physical. Dom continues to bounce back and look good doing so.

One thing I want to point out, is the play of a one Kyle Quincey. He has played a solid game. I really like his physical presence and he is cool under pressure for a Rook in the WCF Semis.

What a win !!! Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy

To come from behind like that yet again, but this was slightly more comfortable . Im feeling confident we can finish the sharks in 6 now .

Our 2nd was hillarious , great intercept by Dats to make Nabbi cough the puck up laugh.gif

4-1 and the PP is on fire :D:D:D:D:D

P.s. How good did homer look, dats is back to his best and Bert made some good plays too , A happy wing will sleep well tonight in England

Edited by craighead88

Meech isnt a bad call up, but thats essentially our #2,#4, and #5 defenseman out of the lineup now. Its not like we're losing scrubs on our D. On the bright side, however, Quincey and Lilja are playing more like #4/5 guys that #7 guys. I think we can cap this thing off with the guys we have.

It said in the Free Press today that Lebda practiced yesterday for the first time since the injury, so thats good news I guess.

This team has shown a lot of heart this year. I don't care what happens the rest of the series/playoffs... you CANNOT be disappointed in this team.

I agree. No matter the results from here on out, it's been a pleasure to watch this team compete (except in the first period...) and play hard-nosed hockey, grind out some tough (and not so tough) Ws.

BTW, Lilja played ANOTHER great game. Man does that guy know how to deliver hits! Same goes for Cheli. 45 my ass. Our boys are proving every freaking doubter that said we weren't tough enough WRONG.

******* right Pain Train domination. He crushed Sharks left and right.

I will be the first to admit, I under valued Homer's worth to this team. HE has made all the difference in the series.

Lang, Sammy, and Schneider all of the Schneid in the last two games, and they are playing physical. Dom continues to bounce back and look good doing so.

One thing I want to point out, is the play of a one Kyle Quincey. He has played a solid game. I really like his physical presence and he is cool under pressure for a Rook in the WCF Semis.

He's been making a difference for a decade now!

Great win, the players we needed to play good were great.

Hasek is one of the strangest goalies to watch. It's almost as if I actually WANT him to give up a weak goal early on, because I know from that point on he'll be so mad at himself that he won't let anything else get by him. He was great after the first goal and really helped us weather the storm at the end to prevent SJ from getting any more momentum for game 6. We need to give Dom and our defence a lot of credit. This is an explosive San Jose team and we haven't allowed them more than 2 goals in any game. That's pretty amazing.

Great game by the top line as well. Holmstrom has made such a huge difference since his return to the lineup. Our powerplay has been so much better these last few games. Bertuzzi wasn't great in the first but I thought after that he looked much better. Also our penalty killing has been really great in this series. Drapes, Malts and Cleary have all been awesome.

Can't wait for game 6, I just hope Schnieder's okay.

I was so worried about today's game because I thought I'd miss it.

I'm so happy...they did a GREAT job. I really don't even know what to say other than that's the team I know.

And yeah, every guy on the ice contributed, you know. I love those guys.

Edited by Offsides

A great game by everyone today. Quincey is certainly getting a crash course in the NHL and he is holding his own. The defense as a whole has been pretty good considering the injuries.

Yet ANOTHER rally by the Wings today, I love it.

I agree, i think he's earning his spot on this team as a regular for next year. He's been solid. Needs to learn how to shoot though lol.

Great win, the players we needed to play good were great.

Hasek is one of the strangest goalies to watch. It's almost as if I actually WANT him to give up a weak goal early on, because I know from that point on he'll be so mad at himself that he won't let anything else get by him. He was great after the first goal and really helped us weather the storm at the end to prevent SJ from getting any more momentum for game 6. We need to give Dom and our defence a lot of credit. This is an explosive San Jose team and we haven't allowed them more than 2 goals in any game. That's pretty amazing.

Great game by the top line as well. Holmstrom has made such a huge difference since his return to the lineup. Our powerplay has been so much better these last few games. Bertuzzi wasn't great in the first but I thought after that he looked much better. Also our penalty killing has been really great in this series. Drapes, Malts and Cleary have all been awesome.

Can't wait for game 6, I just hope Schnieder's okay.

you know, i never really appreciated holmstrom untill this playoff season. i knew he was great and the chemistry was good, and he was great in front of the net, but now he really is such a HUGE player for the team. i never really noticed untill recently how big he really is for them and how they need him in the lineup

reminds of you Dino Cicarelli except with size doesn't he? lol

I was just checking out some sharks forums. Laughable. Before the game they were just saying that they were the best team in the league. Now one guy said that the team is one dimensional in Joe Thornton. LOL. No such team exists where they are one dimensional and also the best team in the league. Idiots. I don't think they know hockey over there.

Anyways, great game. I figured the wings were due to explode offensively. The sharks might be beaten mentally now. We'll see. It could still easily go to 7 games, but I would not be worried if that happens.

The bounces are finally evening out in this series. In my opinion, half the goals that San jose has scored in this series have been because of lucky bounces. Now detroit is getting some, with the puck comnig right to Zetterberg on the first goal and Nabby making a bad play to Dats on the second goal. Things are turning in favor of Detroit now.

Let's step on their throat now boys. No need for 7 games. Let's earn a few days rest. Wow what a game.

sharks fans are no good god damn hippies who don t know hockey