• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

NeverForgetMac25

Welcome Ducks Fans

Rate this topic

I suspect you'll find the Ducks fans an amicable lot, with the expected exceptions for any team. I joined their boards a while back and received and extremely warm response. LGW still takes the prize in the hospitality to other team's fans department, but the Ducks fans that I've encountered have all been gracious hockey lovers - and their arena is definitely one where wearing the other team's colors doesn't put your life in danger, unlike Dallas some other teams.

you may be surprised. Dont get too confident caus i can see this series going either way in any amount of games. The ducks have there own unique style just like the wings have a unique style and they can surprise you

I think that the biggest obstacle for you guys will be the time off. I expect Friday to see a very flat team trying to chase after the Wings flying around on the ice. Then the fact that you only have 4 defencemen (yah, I know we have taken a hit, but Tee-mu's idea of backchecking is staring at Karia's ass) and don't have compete four lines.

The other X-factor, is you guys have yet to face any competitve team. Hands down, your journey to the WCF's has been the easiest of any of the 4 remaining teams. We have yet to get our revenge for 2003 and 2006 (Pronger).

You do have a FANTASTIC checking line. Dats and Zetts will have their jobs cut out for them!

Lets see how JSG does against a team that will actually throw some pucks his way!

Edited by servo

you may be surprised. Dont get too confident caus i can see this series going either way in any amount of games. The ducks have there own unique style just like the wings have a unique style and they can surprise you

Honestly, this will be the Ducks first test. Should be a good series. Welcome to the boards.

Barry Melrose picked the flames over the Wings in the 1st round, then he picked the Sharks over the Wings in the 2nd round, now he is picking the Ducks over the Wings in the 3rd...do you see a pattern??

It's an honor to be welcomed to the LGW forums, and looking forward to this series! I'm sure I'll be seeing plenty of red next Wednesday. I'm actually going to the game with a Red Wings fan, so I'm looking forward to it.

I must say though, I hope it's a good series, and oen that doesn't end up in a sweep (2 for Detroit, 1 for Anaheim) like all our previous meetings.

Barry Melrose picked the flames over the Wings in the 1st round, then he picked the Sharks over the Wings in the 2nd round, now he is picking the Ducks over the Wings in the 3rd...do you see a pattern??

Have to admit, it made me shake my head and say, "Oh, Barry, would you STFU please."

Not a good sign, IMO, when you get the mullet nod.

The X-Factor:

The Ducks not having much competition thus far in the play-offs. The time off means nothing, and that was shown with the Sharks after they man-handled us in the first game.

When I say this I am not taking ANYTHING away from the Ducks. They have a great team, if they didnt they wouldn't be facing us in the Western Conference Finals. But I think many people would agree that of all four teams left, the Ducks have had the least problem getting to the road they're at. Minnesota had a phenom of a goalie, which is how they got to where they were at. Same went for the Flames, but the Flames had a better offense and defense. After easily beating the Wild, they went on to the Canucks who again, had a phenom of a goalie, but not 4 solid lines to roll thru.

I have said it from the beginning, the four teams left would be:

Detroit Red Wings

vs.

Anaheim Ducks

AND

Buffalo Sabres

vs.

New Jersey Devils (so I was wrong on this one, either way Buffalo wins in the East, so QUOTE IT)

and the Stanley Cup Finals will be:

Detroit Red Wings

vs.

Buffalo Sabres

While I definitely see this series going 7 games, just like I saw the Sharks series going to 7 (which it very well could have) I just think the Wings have too much depth compared to the Ducks. For our 3rd series in a row its definitely a muscle flex between goalies... First Kipper, than Nabby, now JSG. In order for us to win, just like the past series, our goaltending needs to be better than theirs.

With that rant said, I wish the Ducks the best of luck, and put my confidence in my team to win its 4th Cup in a decade.

I welcome you all to an absolute wonderful board that many rival teams have come to enjoy and ask you keep it clean and mature just as the Sharks fans have done.

with all that said, BRING IT ON DUCKS! ! !

LETS GO RED WINGS! ! ! :D:D:D

The X-Factor:

The Ducks not having much competition thus far in the play-offs. The time off means nothing, and that was shown with the Sharks after they man-handled us in the first game.

When I say this I am not taking ANYTHING away from the Ducks. They have a great team, if they didnt they wouldn't be facing us in the Western Conference Finals. But I think many people would agree that of all four teams left, the Ducks have had the least problem getting to the road they're at. Minnesota had a phenom of a goalie, which is how they got to where they were at. Same went for the Flames, but the Flames had a better offense and defense. After easily beating the Wild, they went on to the Canucks who again, had a phenom of a goalie, but not 4 solid lines to roll thru.

I have said it from the beginning, the four teams left would be:

Detroit Red Wings

vs.

Anaheim Ducks

AND

Buffalo Sabres

vs.

New Jersey Devils (so I was wrong on this one, either way Buffalo wins in the East, so QUOTE IT)

and the Stanley Cup Finals will be:

Detroit Red Wings

vs.

Buffalo Sabres

While I definitely see this series going 7 games, just like I saw the Sharks series going to 7 (which it very well could have) I just think the Wings have too much depth compared to the Ducks. For our 3rd series in a row its definitely a muscle flex between goalies... First Kipper, than Nabby, now JSG. In order for us to win, just like the past series, our goaltending needs to be better than theirs.

With that rant said, I wish the Ducks the best of luck, and put my confidence in my team to win its 4th Cup in a decade.

I welcome you all to an absolute wonderful board that many rival teams have come to enjoy and ask you keep it clean and mature just as the Sharks fans have done.

with all that said, BRING IT ON DUCKS! ! !

LETS GO RED WINGS! ! ! :D:D:D

its already been broughten...

WOOHOOO!! And I am sure Hully will pick the Ducks as well. I love it!!

Welcome Ducks Fans. This will be a great series!

You know, I just got done playin' with the girls over at Canuckscentral, its glad to be an environment who doesn't resent you just because you live in a nicer country....

I'm thinking this series goes 5 games, with the Wings taking the first one. The Duck is going to send Hasek, Lidstrom, Chelios, and the rest of your senior citizens into retirement...

Good Luck wings. You are going to need it.

Hey, thanks for the warm welcome, Wing fans!

It should be an interesting series! I look forward to conversing hockey with some, no doubt, knowledgable fans here, and some fun back-and-forth bickering as well. :D

Guest YouGotBoothed
I'm thinking this series goes 5 games, with the Wings taking the first one. The Duck is going to send Hasek, Lidstrom, Chelios, and the rest of your senior citizens into retirement...

Classic, i could of also sworn half there players are older then then the nhl it self!, :sly:

Just playin wings fans, should be a good series, even though espn is saying you guys winning it in game 7 and other numerous sites calling it Hockeytown Vs Disneyland, its cool though we do great when we are the underdogs aka 2003 refresh your memory?. Ducks in 5, time to get your wings clipped son.

Guest YouGotBoothed

Classic, i could of also sworn half there players are older then then the nhl it self!, :sly:

Just playin wings fans, should be a good series, even though espn is saying you guys winning it in game 7 and other numerous sites calling it Hockeytown Vs Disneyland, its cool though we do great when we are the underdogs aka 2003 refresh your memory?. Ducks in 5, time to get your wings clipped son.

IPB Image

We have been clipping wings since 2003, chop em chop em.

You know, I just got done playin' with the girls over at Canuckscentral, its glad to be an environment who doesn't resent you just because you live in a nicer country....

Samadelphia? Is that you? :cool:

Hey, thanks for the warm welcome, Wing fans!

It should be an interesting series! I look forward to conversing hockey with some, no doubt, knowledgable fans here, and some fun back-and-forth bickering as well. :D

Possible fellow Finn?

Haha , Into retirement get real buddy. Chelios probably will never retire , and Lidstrom's Norris's tell his story. Niedermayer and Pronger have nothing on Lidstrom and Chelios