• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

NeverForgetMac25

Welcome Ducks Fans

Rate this topic

Barry Melrose picked the flames over the Wings in the 1st round, then he picked the Sharks over the Wings in the 2nd round, now he is picking the Ducks over the Wings in the 3rd...do you see a pattern??

He's the uber-jinx! :lol: I like our chances better now.

Oh yeah, welcome Duck fans and let's enjoy some excellent hockey. Hopefully Teemu goes on a cold streak though. :P

Edited by FinWing

Pardon my cut/paste from the other Ducks thread :P

Well well, I expected more smack-talk this round, but this is insane!

Good luck to the Ducks, and WELCOME to the boards.. that is, welcome to the intelligent posters who are here to talk hockey!

Season series proved these teams are pretty equal I think. I even was lucky enough to attend the last game at the Joe. As the Sharks

proved, bigger/stronger/younger means nothing when it comes to playing the Wings. Veteran saavy + good young forwards, and more checking/physical play than anyone thought the Wings capable of.. I may be wrong, but vs. the Flames and Sharks we outhit them in every game. So physicality is a non-issue. Although we don't have anyone to fight George Parros. (spelling right I hope)

Covenant's Cubicle Analysis

Defense: Draw. Many will scoff, especially after Schneider went down, but.. Pronger/Niedermeyer are stupendous (to say the least), but I'll take Lidstrom/Chelios' combination to match up fairly even. After that, Beauchemin/?? , etc. a wash.

Offense: Ducks (slightly).. Their "big/strong/young" forwards can actually finish.. and Dats/Zetts/Homer will have a tough time behind the net with Pronger back there laying people out.. BUT, that being said, we've scored some timely goals with some unsuspecting guys so far, and I expect that to continue-- depth.

Goaltending: The great unknown.. But, I'm giving the edge to Hasek. If he doesn't play the puck that often it will help, but nobody comes up with timely saves like him. Giggy is all-world too..

Wow, tough one, but I like the Wings in 6 grueling games (hopefully 5)

Ducks are NO Senators - - that series will be scary.

Congrats on the win of SJ. I had wanted a Ducks matchup with Red Wings because I considered the Sharks to be slightly more talented than both of our teams.

But now I'm worried. We all know that it takes more than talent to win the SC. It takes GUTS! And now the Wings have proven that they have it! Ruh Roh!

My match up, IMHO...

Offense:

Offensive scoring: Wings

Forwards playing defense: 1 line- Ducks, other 3 lines- Wings

Defense:

Defensive scoring: Ducks

Defense playing defense: Even

Goalie: close, slight edge to Hasek

PP: Wings

PK: Ducks

X-Factor: Physicality- Ducks (I know you'll disagree)

X Factor: Guts- Wings

Where does this put us? No one wins in less than 6 games. Could go either way, but slight edge to Wings.

Good luck and good hockey!!

Welcome Duck fans! Hope you enjoy the discussions here. Don't expect a repeat of the '03 playoffs though.... :sly:

this is a different wings team then the teams that lost to anahiem calgary and edmonton this team with all its injuries is not supposed to win this series so that is why they will win it wings in 6 hasek has the forcefield up over the net and the fact is the wings are playing with the houses money

Welcome Ducks fans!! This should be an awesome series! I can't wait! :yowza:

Enjoy the boards, this is the best hockey forum on the net! :)

thank god we don t have to play another ******* western canadien team at least the refing in this series will be fair

Guest YouGotBoothed
X-Factor: Physicality- Ducks (I know you'll disagree)

I dont know how anyone can disagree on this one man, ducks will be more physical by a 2:1 for sure.

I dont know how anyone can disagree on this one man, ducks will be more physical by a 2:1 for sure.

So said flames and sharks fans before their series began too...

You know, I just got done playin' with the girls over at Canuckscentral, its glad to be an environment who doesn't resent you just because you live in a nicer country....

I'm thinking this series goes 5 games, with the Wings taking the first one. The Duck is going to send Hasek, Lidstrom, Chelios, and the rest of your senior citizens into retirement...

Good Luck wings. You are going to need it.

Wow! Samadelphia reborn!

One good season and you guys act like your the New York Islanders of the 1980's. I can't wait to see your reaction when the Wings beat the Ducks. But wait: since you'll be like most trolls when your team loses, you'll magically disappear! Fancy that!

Guest YouGotBoothed
One good season and you guys act like your the New York Islanders of the 1980's. I can't wait to see your reaction when the Wings beat the Ducks. But wait: since you'll be like most trolls when your team loses, you'll magically disappear! Fancy that!

Hey man we're just trying to get this forum lively, should be a good series. Without bashing one another what fun will there be?.

Edited by YouGotBoothed

Hey man we're just trying to get this forum lively, i mean it was dead weight without us bashing on you guys. If anything you should be thankfull that you have 100 register users now rather than 40 before we came here.

That is the biggest load of bulls*** I've ever seen. This board is active all the time. You could come in at 3:00 am and it would still be active. Sorry we don't all condone the bashing that you put fourth, that just the way it is. I'm sure other teams message boards (minus LetsGoBlues because their all dumbf***s who don't know how to run a forum) wouldn't let that go on either.

Guest YouGotBoothed

That is the biggest load of bulls*** I've ever seen. This board is active all the time. You could come in at 3:00 am and it would still be active. Sorry we don't all condone the bashing that you put fourth, that just the way it is. I'm sure other teams message boards (minus LetsGoBlues because their all dumbf***s who don't know how to run a forum) wouldn't let that go on either.

It's not like we're all saying provocative insults at you guys, we are all just messing around, dont take everything so seriouse. I mean in all honesty you guys are saying the same type of stuff to us as we are to you. We're all just trying to have a good time, nudge one another and stuff like that. No need for anyone to get banned over something stupid like this really.

Bzzzzt! Sorry. Like the Sharks and their fans before you, and the Flames and their fans before them, it seems Ducks fans still think of the Wings as a team not willing to lay on the body and play the physical brand of hockey required by the playoffs. I wish I could have seen the looks on the faces of Flames fans when they saw their team get outhit and outhustled. Pay close attention - you'll even see Datsyuk finishing his checks.

I promise you the Wings will be physical, at least as much as the Ducks. In the previous two series, the Wings were clearly the initiators of hard-nosed, physical play, and delivered more than their share of highlight hits as well as all the grinding in the corner and hustling on the walls. Think the Ducks will have a monopoly on physical play? Think again.

Bzzzzt! Sorry. Like the Sharks and their fans before you, and the Flames and their fans before them, it seems Ducks fans still think of the Wings as a team not willing to lay on the body and play the physical brand of hockey required by the playoffs. I wish I could have seen the looks on the faces of Flames fans when they saw their team get outhit and outhustled. Pay close attention - you'll even see Datsyuk finishing his checks.

I promise you the Wings will be physical, at least as much as the Ducks. In the previous two series, the Wings were clearly the initiators of hard-nosed, physical play, and delivered more than their share of highlight hits as well as all the grinding in the corner and hustling on the walls. Think the Ducks will have a monopoly on physical play? Think again.

Nice!

Not to mention that the Wings know when to bring it, as the Skarks were clueless and couldn't last. Our leadership on this team is well beyond the talent currently on the Ducks roster. Without a doubt, if you are a Ducks fan in here spouting ingorant utterances, please put your pants over your heads to cover your real asses!

Go Mighty Red Wings!

My take... Wings in 5!

This is going to be a GREAT series- the two teams in the west who deserve to be here are here in the WCF. There isn't that uber-underdog team that rode into the playoffs barely making the 8th seed and defying all odds to get here. No, the top two who are right where they belong. This is going to be awesome.

I have been a lurker on this board for years. Love the wit, the intelligence the majority of you here display, a great all around board. Being a hockey fan for only 13 years, I felt like a newbie reading some posts.

I have friends off of 11 mile who I visited one year for Christmas- the RW fan support is insane. You guys display more support for your team mid-season than we do right now in the playoffs. It is a really cool atmosphere.

So someone kick back with a sac of fries, some bettermade chips and a sub from tubby's for me out there...

and let's enjoy this series as it should be and deserves to be....

On that note, DUCKS in 6!!! (But I give Detroit the first win on Friday....)

Barry Melrose picked the flames over the Wings in the 1st round, then he picked the Sharks over the Wings in the 2nd round, now he is picking the Ducks over the Wings in the 3rd...do you see a pattern??

Yeah I know. It can only be a good omen. I like how he picked the Ducks about 60 secs after the Sharks-Wings ended - like he couldn't wait to pick against us. And it drives me crazy when he says *Nicky* Lidstrom - I just want to pull my hair out! Go Wings - hoping for a great series. West coast - here we come again!

Yeah I know. It can only be a good omen. I like how he picked the Ducks about 60 secs after the Sharks-Wings ended - like he couldn't wait to pick against us. And it drives me crazy when he says *Nicky* Lidstrom - I just want to pull my hair out! Go Wings - hoping for a great series. West coast - here we come again!

Yup, Ducks are screwed. Everytime Barry picked our opponent in past years' postseasons, the Ducks won. He is cursed...oh, and I saw him running the Strand in Hermosa/Manhattan Beach and FYI, he runs like a girl. I am a girl and I evern said, "damn barry runs like a girl!" :crazy:

I am sure you will see a lot of red and white jerseys at the Pond...one year a wings fan jumped onto the glass and partially pulled it out And this was early in the regualr season. Ya'll are nuts!

I think this series will finally test both teams to the brink and whoever wins truly deserves the right to move on to the SCFs.

Hey man we're just trying to get this forum lively, should be a good series. Without bashing one another what fun will there be?.

Hmm, I dunno. Maybe there'd actually be discussions about hockey?

You Duck fans gotta understand, while most of you are just messing around and probably aren't trolls, before the first round all the Calgary fans show up and we have post after post of "Flame in 3!" and about how physical the flames are, how great the goaltending is, and how old the Wings are... blah blah blah.

Then the Wings beat the Flames, and out come the SJ fans. "San Jose in 5! They're bigger, they're younger, your old farts on the Wings are gonna get Pwn3d! it's ludacris how bad we're gonna beat you guys!!!"

Then the Wings beat the Sharks. And here come the Duck fans. "the wings are old! you're gonna get crushed!"

It just gets a little tired is all. After the third go round, patience wears thin.

Edited by haroldsnepsts