• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
TaP

Great Homer Article!

Rate this topic

This was added on nhl.com yesterday, hope it hasn't been posted yet.

I found this to be pretty funny:

"I remember this one pretty raw looking rookie showing up at training camp wearing No. 96," Bowman said, kind of laughing at the thought of a rookie even picking his own number. "I asked; 'What's with the number?' He said; 'It's for the year that I came to the United States.' I remember telling him; 'Why don't you take '98 for the year you go back to Europe?' "

http://www.nhl.com/nhl/app/?service=page&a...rticleid=303174

Edited by TaP

HAHAHAHAHA!! That's funny as hell. Homer is one hell of a funny guy, I bet he laughed his ass off at that one!!

Great post, thanks!

"I remember this one pretty raw looking rookie showing up at training camp wearing No. 96," Bowman said, kind of laughing at the thought of a rookie even picking his own number. "I asked; 'What's with the number?' He said; 'It's for the year that I came to the United States.' I remember telling him; 'Why don't you take '98 for the year you go back to Europe?' "

Wicked burn mate!

Read this article people.

This guy is as important to this squad's lineup as Federov was to his.

::::::::::::::Before you hit the flame button:::::::::::::

I am not comparing SKILLS or SKATING or etc etc etc

The Wings success in the playoffs - that is all. The OTHER team has to coach and arrange lines around this one. At all times. That is all.

Go Tomas....keep that junk in yer trunk! Menace the other team's gameplan, on-ice play, attitude, just keep 'em from playing their game. Go.

1. I hate when people miss spell FEDOROV.

2. He wore 15 yes.

This article was hella pleasing. Bowman is a funny old man. Who would have thought that Homer would have developed the way he has and into a very intergral part of our roster. We should all wake up every morning and thank God that Homer is a Red Wing.

It says he was wearing 96 during training camp, they obviously didn't give him the number right away.

Sooooo now who was wearing 96 that year (96-97)? Anyone know?

It says he was wearing 96 during training camp, they obviously didn't give him the number right away.

i think it was the russian rocket , pavel bure who used #96 back then. im not sure tho. maybe someone can confirm?

1. I hate when people miss spell FEDOROV.

2. He wore 15 yes.

This article was hella pleasing. Bowman is a funny old man. Who would have thought that Homer would have developed the way he has and into a very intergral part of our roster. We should all wake up every morning and thank God that Homer is a Red Wing.

<_< I hate when people have Robert Lang avatars and seem to like the washed up overrated bum.......... and no his goal doesn't mean anything to me LUCK must like him

Good article, but there seems to be some errors.

Current Wings goaltender is Legace???

That scene, in which current Red Wings' No. 1 goaltender Manny Legace gave up quite a few goals on tip-ins and deflections, took place early in the 2001-02 season, before Holmstrom and the Red Wings got past Roy and the Colorado Avalanche to get to the Finals, and before Holmstrom scored a then career-high 20 goals.

Good article, but there seems to be some errors.

Current Wings goaltender is Legace???

Maybe Legace was starting due to an injury.

Edited by TaP

<_< I hate when people have Robert Lang avatars and seem to like the washed up overrated bum.......... and no his goal doesn't mean anything to me LUCK must like him

Oh yeah you're cool. Lets cut Lang up. He scored two goals that were critical to our playoff lives. Do I care about Lang? No, not really. The reason he is in my avatar is because of the whole "Lang is lazy and he sucks" fiasco that goes on around here.

I hate when people misspell "misspell"

:P

:crazy: Apparently I am ignorant.

Per HockeyDB, it appears no one had #96 that season: HockeyDB Link In addition, the Red Wings media guide lists Homer as the only wearer of #96 in the team's history. Ironically, the most used number in Wings history is... #15!!!

From the media guide Holmstrom started the 97-98 season as #15 and then switched to #96. It also appears that Dmitri Mironov brought #15 with him to Detroit from Anaheim mid-season. It would seem that Homer's move was to allow Mironov to keep his number.

Edited by Gizmo