• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

ttbrunke

Fans where are you

Rate this topic

I had no idea that you guys are getting raked that bad for playoff tickets. Those prices are crazy. As a season ticket holder for the Avs I too, probably would not get playoffs at those prices, so i don't blame the fans one bit. Just an example of what Avs would have charged if they made it to the playoffs were my seats are.

Upper level corner 4th row and are great seats: reg season $34 per seat.

1st round: $44

2nd round: $48

3rd round: $55

Cup round: $68

Cheapest seats regular season $21

1st: $27

2nd:$29

3rd:$34

4th:$42

Do you guys think they would be this expensive if you were in a new arena? I'm sorry you real fans have been priced out of the playoffs especilly now that the Wings seem to be putting a special season together. Anyways good luck against the Ducks, should be a great series.

wow Im jealous of those ticket prices. Its very possible that ticket prices are this high because of the new arena/renovation coming up for the Joe. Illitch just hired some new hotshot Dana Warg who is in charge of overseeing Class A facilities, so it looks like the new arena is coming up fast. I hope thats the reason. Its also very possible that Ilitch had the prices planned out for the playoffs much earlier than the actual playoffs began and because of budgeting issues couldnt change them.

You guys....personally I WISH I could have the OPTION of turning down going to an NHL game where I live. I am so jealous of all of you guys who live near a town or IN THE SAME STATE for that matter, with an NHL team. Wisconsin has NONE! :(

You should be thankful that you at least have the chance to go (should the chance ever arise).

Anyway, I'll be peeled to my tv Friday night as the rest of you, I'm sure, will be. I'll be praying the Wings play a solid, strong game with no mistakes.

GO WINGS!!

How much do you think it sucks knowing that you have the chance to go, that the tickets are just waiting to be bought, but you cant *afford* to buy them. Think about that.

wow Im jealous of those ticket prices. Its very possible that ticket prices are this high because of the new arena/renovation coming up for the Joe. Illitch just hired some new hotshot Dana Warg who is in charge of overseeing Class A facilities, so it looks like the new arena is coming up fast. I hope thats the reason. Its also very possible that Ilitch had the prices planned out for the playoffs much earlier than the actual playoffs began and because of budgeting issues couldnt change them.

How much do you think it sucks knowing that you have the chance to go, that the tickets are just waiting to be bought, but you cant *afford* to buy them. Think about that.

Yes, I agree, this is much more painful.

Guest REDWINGS4LYFE

i don't know why everyone is bitching here i work my ass off and i work 7 days a week and overtime is my favorite time and half if you guys would do what i did then i guess you could save up and go to work i work 70 hour weeks!!! Lifes not all good and im only 19, most people my age are having a fun time at skool! i might end up making 200 grand a year but i put in a soild effort and i planned my carrer wisely

Edited by REDWINGS4LYFE

i don't know why everyone is bitching here i work my ass off and i work 7 days a week and overtime is my favorite time and half if you guys would do what i did then i guess you could save up and go to work i work 70 hour weeks!!! Lifes not all good and im only 19, most people my age are having a fun time at skool! i might end up making 200 grand a year but i put in a soild effort and i planned my carrer wisely

Well good for you. You make yoursef sound like a complete *******. It seems like you are trying to suggest that the reason the unemployment rate is so high is that we aren't working as hard as you are. You ar young, one day you will learn, probably the hard way judging from your attitude, that life isn't always about how you preform. I'd like to see you stand in front of the thousands of autoworkers who are laid off and tell them they just need to work harder, and see how that goes over.

Guest REDWINGS4LYFE

don't get me started with the autoworkers if gm and ford and chrysler produced cars worth owning people would buy them I GO OUT OF MY WAY TO SUPPORT THE BIG 3 you know wat i get for that? Go to the dealer and get suspension fixed, new windshield, new door locks and many numerous problems! this is a expensive car and i heard the roof flys off at high speeds! if you guys produced quality products then the detroit economy would rock! Guess what this was the last GM car i bought

Hey, hey now. That's all nice and good, but take it in context. We can't afford to buy tickets and your argument was sort of...well I'm spending this $2000 some dollars to see the Wings and losing all this money. You make more in one day than I make in a week, ...probably a lot of us, so don't expect us to console you *too* hard. I think you have the money to lose, in other words. We don't.

Hey, I'd love to get OT and such, but it's not in the cards right now. And it's a myth that hard work = more pay. You might work your ass off, but so do I, at about 3 jobs to be able to support me and my family, and I don't even make near what you make, so don't act like whe are just suffereing because we are slackers :rolleyes:

don't get me started with the autoworkers if gm and ford and chrysler produced cars worth owning people would buy them I GO OUT OF MY WAY TO SUPPORT THE BIG 3 you know wat i get for that? Go to the dealer and get suspension fixed, new windshield, new door locks and many numerous problems! this is a expensive car and i heard the roof flys off at high speeds! if you guys produced quality products then the detroit economy would rock! Guess what this was the last GM car i bought

Don't assume things, you make yourself look foolish. I don't work in for any of the big 3. I was meerely using them as an example to you implying that we don't work hard. Those guys work very hard, yet they get laid off. It isn't their fault, in fact it's the people designing the cars. The guys that are making the big bucks to make sure everything on the car will work right. But they aren't the ones that lose thier jobs over it. It's the people who have no control over any of the issues you described.

And it goes beyond making a better product. there are many factors. Such as making a car with better gas mileage, and overall production costs. I can't really blame the big 3 for moving factories to foreign countries. I mean, if I had a product that I could make in the U.S. for $10, and see for $20, or make in another country for $3 and still sell it for $20, you better believe I am not going to make it here. The biggest issue is health care, it costs them so much to provide it, if we could get the cost of health care lowered, things would be different. But I'm not going to get into that s***. It's late, and i have to work in the morning. Another mindless 10 hour day, and a job I hate. But I do it, and contrary to your opinon, I bust my ass. All just so I can eat.

Guest REDWINGS4LYFE

Move up here in canada we have free healthcare :D

Hey, hey now. That's all nice and good, but take it in context. We can't afford to buy tickets and your argument was sort of...well I'm spending this $2000 some dollars to see the Wings and losing all this money. You make more in one day than I make in a week, ...probably a lot of us, so don't expect us to console you *too* hard. I think you have the money to lose, in other words. We don't.

Hey, I'd love to get OT and such, but it's not in the cards right now. And it's a myth that hard work = more pay. You might work your ass off, but so do I, at about 3 jobs to be able to support me and my family, and I don't even make near what you make, so don't act like whe are just suffereing because we are slackers :rolleyes:

You have crazy photoshop skills get a job as a graphic designer move out of mich.

Move up here in canada we have free healthcare :D

You have crazy photoshop skills get a job as a graphic designer move out of mich.

Thanks. Unfotunately I can't get a job in design because I don't have a degree in design and that's what people are looking for.

Really??? sold out, down front... yeah nice try... here ya go as of 9:40pm EST

IPB Image

Two great seats for you to enjoy the game from.

are those tickets really 2nd row off the glass?

Thats the thing none of you are getting... Its not that we are lazy and don't WANT to work in Michigan. COMPANIES ARE LEAVING THE STATE... Leaving us UNEMPLOYED. Many would kill for the chance at working a 40 hour week LET ALONE overtime (I would even say as many as 7.1% which are unemployed and many more stuck in part time jobs). I used to work 70hours a week in the Automotive design field... HOWEVER, circumstances (automotive industry decline <--- the BIGGEST industry in michigan, mind you) has caused my company to cancel ALL OVERTIME.

So don't start judging us about not wanting to work 70 hours... There is a HUGE difference between WANTING to and being ABLE to. Come to Michigan, you WON'T make that much here, I guarantee you! Thats like going to Russia and bitching because the people can't afford 20 rubles to see Lenon's tomb. If you aren't earning your salary in Michigan, you can't judge us for not being able to afford michigan's Ticket prices.

It's pretty easy to say when you are single and 19 without a family to support... You really can't just uproot and move on a dime... Real family life just doesn't work like that. MANY other factors are involved :sly:

are those tickets really 2nd row off the glass?

Yep...get 'em now... In three weeks they will be $500

Well you got a bumb deal on your car then... And you HEARD that this stuff happens? you haven't experienced this stuff and you are basing your arguement on Hearsay? Nevermind that, you heard these things and YOU STILL BOUGHT the car? hmm, odd.

It goes way beyond quality issues... Gas prices, our state government allowing work to get shipped overseas... and I hate to break it to everyone... Not a single car is 100% US made anymore. Major parts of all cars are assembled overseas and shipped back to the US for final placement in the cars. The big selling point now is Fuel Efficient hybrid cars... they don't build themselves overnight. It takes a bit to get them into the mass population. And don't think for a second the prices of these cars will be anywhere near the current prices.... All prices will go up.

Edited by OsGOD

ahhhh The Wingsfan1988 doesn't mean I have 1988.00 to spend...$300.00 for a pir would be nice...find those.

Here are some cheap seats for you. Bring some friends, let's fill the Joe. All 6 in a row!!!

What is TicketFast?Tickets are delivered via e-mail as a PDF attachment. Simply save the file to your computer and print the tickets yourself.1. shipping2. billing3. confirmationWe're holding these tickets just for you. Please complete this page within 2:00 minutes.

After 2:00 minutes, these tickets will be released for others to buy.

Event

2007 Stanley Cup Conference Finals Red Wings Round 3 Home Game 1

Joe Louis Arena, Detroit, MI

Fri, May 11, 2007 07:30 PM

Your Ticket(s)

Section Row Type Ticket Price Convenience Charge Description

225B 10 FULL PRICE TICKET US $158.00 US $5.75

ARENA (UPPER BOWL)

PRICE LEVEL 3

Seats: 11 to 16 |seating chart

If you don't want these tickets, give them up and search again.

Select Delivery Method

A processing fee per order is applied in addition to the delivery price per order listed below.

Deliver My Tickets Price Per Order Please Note

US Customers

TicketFast: NOW (Recommended) What's this? US $2.50 The quickest delivery method available. Print your own tickets at your convenience!

Will Call No additional charge Tickets held at Will Call can only be retrieved by the cardholder with original credit card of purchase and a valid photo ID with signature such as a state ID, driver's license or passport.

Customers in Canada

Canadian Will Call No additional charge Tickets held at Will Call can only be retrieved by the cardholder with original credit card of purchase and a valid photo ID with signature such as a government issued ID, driver's license or passport.

Get Information on: Delivery Methods

All orders are subject to credit card approval and billing address verification

Your credit card will not be charged

© 2007 Ticketmaster. All rights reserved.

Yep...get 'em now... In three weeks they will be $500

that's interesting. i dunno what the face value for similar tickets at the honda center are (because i can't find any tickets at that level anymore on ticketmaster), but the difference in price for similar tickets on stubhub is at least $100 (approx $450 at jla, and approx $550 each at honda). just out of curiosity, how much did those tickets cost last year?

Now, Consider that these facts are from earlier years, and Michigans economy is now WORSE than ever.

http://www.freedomworks.org/informed/issue...p?issue_id=2352

o Michigan has had an unemployment rate around 7% (the current rate) for more than 2 years. (Free Press, 5-17-05)

o Michigan is currently worst in the nation for unemployment. (Mackinac Center for Public Policy, May 20, 2005) The national unemployment rate is 5.2%, Michigan’s is 7.0%. Michigan has a 36.4% differential above the national average.

o Michigan had a net loss of 46,500 jobs in 2004. According to the most recent data, Michigan and South Carolina are the only states with net job losses from March 2004 to March 2005 with Michigan losing 30,600 and South Carolina losing 6,800 . (Joint Economic Committee State Employment Statistics)

o Michigan was the only state in the nation where employment fell between fourth quarter 2003 and fourth quarter 2004. (FDIC State Profile)

o Michigan has lost 1 job every 10 minutes , 24 hours a day, seven days a week, totaling more than 150,000 jobs lost.

o The Detroit area has lost more jobs in the last 12 months than any other metropolitan area in the nation , recording a loss of 21,600 jobs, nine times more jobs than second-place Baton Rouge, La ., the U.S. Bureau of Labor Statistics (BLS) reported today. The Lansing metropolitan region ranked sixth (-1,500), behind San Jose, Dayton and Bloomington, Ind.

• Economy

o “Seventy-six percent of metro Detroit executives believe the business climate is weaker today than five years ago  a 41 percent jump over 2004 polling.†(Crain’s Detroit, 5-30-05)

o Michigan ranks last among the states in economic momentum, according to an analysis published in the State Policy Reports newsletter, a project co-sponsored by the National Governors Association and the National Conference of State Legislatures. Michigan received a -1.45 on the index. Nevada, which ranked first, received a score of 3.66. Only Michigan and Alaska (-1.29) scored below a -1 on the index. Illinois (-0.76), Ohio (-0.72) and New York (-0.64) rounded out the bottom five. This put Michigan a full 1.5% behind the 49th worst state.

o Michigan was last among the states in employment growth between January 2004 and January 2005 with a -0.3 percent decline, compared to a national average of 1.4 percent.

o Personal income grew in Michigan by 3.29 percent between March 2003 and March 2004, placing Michigan second to last among the states. The national average was 5.15 percent.

• Budget

o “Since 2001, Michigan has had cumulated deficits in excess of $7.8 billion. To offset them, the state has gone through $3.8 billion in fiscal reserves, increased fees and taxes by $1 billion and taken $3 billion in spending cuts.†(M-Live, Booth Newspapers, 5-31-05 )

o The FY 2003 Budget (Engler’s last) was $39.4 billion

o Granholm’s budgets: FY 04- $38.6 billion; FY 05- $39.7 billion; FY 06 (projected)- $41.2 billion. The estimated funding gap is $773 million for 2006.

o FY 2006 Budget proposes $112 million in increased taxes and fees. FY 2004 Budget proposed $250 million in increased taxes and fees.

• Taxes

o Michigan has the most burdensome business “income†tax in the U.S. and the 27th highest personal income tax burden. (Tax Foundation, Anderson Economic Group)

that's interesting. i dunno what the face value for similar tickets at the honda center are (because i can't find any tickets at that level anymore on ticketmaster), but the difference in price for similar tickets on stubhub is at least $100 (approx $450 at jla, and approx $550 each at honda). just out of curiosity, how much did those tickets cost last year?

I want to say the same or if not very close.... although, Obviously they didn't make it close to these round ;)

Now, Consider that these facts are from earlier years, and Michigans economy is now WORSE than ever.

http://www.freedomworks.org/informed/issue...p?issue_id=2352

o Michigan has had an unemployment rate around 7% (the current rate) for more than 2 years. (Free Press, 5-17-05)

o Michigan is currently worst in the nation for unemployment. (Mackinac Center for Public Policy, May 20, 2005) The national unemployment rate is 5.2%, Michigan’s is 7.0%. Michigan has a 36.4% differential above the national average.

o Michigan had a net loss of 46,500 jobs in 2004. According to the most recent data, Michigan and South Carolina are the only states with net job losses from March 2004 to March 2005 with Michigan losing 30,600 and South Carolina losing 6,800 . (Joint Economic Committee State Employment Statistics)

o Michigan was the only state in the nation where employment fell between fourth quarter 2003 and fourth quarter 2004. (FDIC State Profile)

o Michigan has lost 1 job every 10 minutes , 24 hours a day, seven days a week, totaling more than 150,000 jobs lost.

o The Detroit area has lost more jobs in the last 12 months than any other metropolitan area in the nation , recording a loss of 21,600 jobs, nine times more jobs than second-place Baton Rouge, La ., the U.S. Bureau of Labor Statistics (BLS) reported today. The Lansing metropolitan region ranked sixth (-1,500), behind San Jose, Dayton and Bloomington, Ind.

• Economy

o “Seventy-six percent of metro Detroit executives believe the business climate is weaker today than five years ago  a 41 percent jump over 2004 polling.†(Crain’s Detroit, 5-30-05)

o Michigan ranks last among the states in economic momentum, according to an analysis published in the State Policy Reports newsletter, a project co-sponsored by the National Governors Association and the National Conference of State Legislatures. Michigan received a -1.45 on the index. Nevada, which ranked first, received a score of 3.66. Only Michigan and Alaska (-1.29) scored below a -1 on the index. Illinois (-0.76), Ohio (-0.72) and New York (-0.64) rounded out the bottom five. This put Michigan a full 1.5% behind the 49th worst state.

o Michigan was last among the states in employment growth between January 2004 and January 2005 with a -0.3 percent decline, compared to a national average of 1.4 percent.

o Personal income grew in Michigan by 3.29 percent between March 2003 and March 2004, placing Michigan second to last among the states. The national average was 5.15 percent.

• Budget

o “Since 2001, Michigan has had cumulated deficits in excess of $7.8 billion. To offset them, the state has gone through $3.8 billion in fiscal reserves, increased fees and taxes by $1 billion and taken $3 billion in spending cuts.†(M-Live, Booth Newspapers, 5-31-05 )

o The FY 2003 Budget (Engler’s last) was $39.4 billion

o Granholm’s budgets: FY 04- $38.6 billion; FY 05- $39.7 billion; FY 06 (projected)- $41.2 billion. The estimated funding gap is $773 million for 2006.

o FY 2006 Budget proposes $112 million in increased taxes and fees. FY 2004 Budget proposed $250 million in increased taxes and fees.

• Taxes

o Michigan has the most burdensome business “income†tax in the U.S. and the 27th highest personal income tax burden. (Tax Foundation, Anderson Economic Group)

And with those positives on a resume... let's re-hire the ***** running the joint! I can say one thing, Michiganders voting her back in are as clueless as those who gave Kwamee the re-elect status. Ugh

Edited by OsGOD

I want to say the same or if not very close.... although, Obviously they didn't make it close to these round ;)

And with those positives on a resume... let's re-hire the ***** running the joint! I can say one thing, Michiganders voting her back in are as clueless as those who gave Kwamee the re-elect status. Ugh

Whoever wouldve gotten elected wouldnt have been able to do a damn thing about Michigans economy. Rectifying the auto industries mistakes is where it starts for turning this states economy around. Sadly, it doesnt matter whos tenure we're talking about - it wouldve happened to anyone.

From espn.com about half way down the page.

"Hello,

I am hurt by the comments I have heard from reporters, including yourself, about the empty seats at Joe Louis Arena. The empty seats are not a sign that Detroiters are any less passionate about the Red Wings. The empty seats are not a reflection of a shift in feeling for the team. It is a reflection of the tough economic situation in Metro Detroit.

Many people have lost benefits or been laid off. Many more know that they are at risk at any moment for their company scaling back. This is an immense stress and forces people to try and save money for what seems to be the inevitable. Three members of my family work for the automotive industry and we have faced tough times. I know it is hard for people outside the state to understand the situation in Michigan, but the tension is palpable if one spends time in the community.

We love the Red Wings and feel that as they win, we do, as well. But we cannot afford to attend the playoff games. While reporters may look at the empty seats with confusion, Detroiters look at the empty seats with an aching heart because we want to be in that seat cheering our team on.

Sincerely,

Julia Helene Delekta

That's a fair point, Julia. Another factor may be that the Pistons and Tigers are both good and there is only so far the sports fan's dollar can be stretched. Gas is again over $3 a gallon. All the games are on TV. But, damn -- it's the Red Wings in the Stanley Cup playoffs. You would think every red seat would be filled."

Not to keep beating a dead horse, but just a couple numbers for you... and i'm sure the numbers are probably close the same the for the majority of the state.

I know in Jackson County (which is about 1 1/2 hrs west of JLA) just in Q1 2007 there where over 300 foreclosures just on homes, that doesn't include the amount of cars that got reposed and lights getting turned off, etc... and we are talking about a town of about 40,000 residents and about 100,000 in the county. So its not just South East Michigan that is hurting it is the majority of the state.

Plus like has been previously stated we have 3 possible championship teams in one city, you can only stretch the dollar so far to support them all.

Edited by skeletonofsociety

Whoever wouldve gotten elected wouldnt have been able to do a damn thing about Michigans economy. Rectifying the auto industries mistakes is where it starts for turning this states economy around. Sadly, it doesnt matter whos tenure we're talking about - it wouldve happened to anyone.

The only difference the person in office now has no idea what to do to get the state turned around. Nothing is remotely looking up. We are still losing more business (out side of just the auto industry) than we are gaining. Nobody wants to invest any new business in Michigan. Sure this would have happened to anyone involved... however, its the inability of the current braintrust to stop the bleeding that is most disheartening.

Edited by OsGOD

BUT continuing to raise taxes is not helping ANYONE. Businesses are leaving. People can't afford to live...

I feel that this thread will be moved to the political forum now...ha ha.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

We are so sorry that we've offended Red Wing fans from other states who can afford to go to the games. We will no longer whine about prices of the tickets. We should just bend over and take whatever is thrown at us like good little fans - in the future. Who cares about eating and having a place to live when you can go to a hockey game :rolleyes:

From espn.com about half way down the page.

"Hello,

I am hurt by the comments I have heard from reporters, including yourself, about the empty seats at Joe Louis Arena. The empty seats are not a sign that Detroiters are any less passionate about the Red Wings. The empty seats are not a reflection of a shift in feeling for the team. It is a reflection of the tough economic situation in Metro Detroit.

Many people have lost benefits or been laid off. Many more know that they are at risk at any moment for their company scaling back. This is an immense stress and forces people to try and save money for what seems to be the inevitable. Three members of my family work for the automotive industry and we have faced tough times. I know it is hard for people outside the state to understand the situation in Michigan, but the tension is palpable if one spends time in the community.

We love the Red Wings and feel that as they win, we do, as well. But we cannot afford to attend the playoff games. While reporters may look at the empty seats with confusion, Detroiters look at the empty seats with an aching heart because we want to be in that seat cheering our team on.

Sincerely,

Julia Helene Delekta

That's a fair point, Julia. Another factor may be that the Pistons and Tigers are both good and there is only so far the sports fan's dollar can be stretched. Gas is again over $3 a gallon. All the games are on TV. But, damn -- it's the Red Wings in the Stanley Cup playoffs. You would think every red seat would be filled."

Not to keep betting a dead horse, but just a couple numbers for you... and i'm sure the numbers are probably close the same the for the majority of the state.

Wow. I would be ******* pissed if I were Julia and I got that response. Shes talking about her familys ******* LIVELIHOOD and this ******* concedes that is a "fair point" and then goes on about other issues. I swear people outside of this state are ******* insensitive morons. Its not a game, its not a media ploy, its a game of "lets kick em when theyre down" and its downright embarassing that those outside of this state cant put two and two together in that the auto industry is tanking and because of that, much of Michigan is too.

We are so sorry that we've offended Red Wing fans from other states who can afford to go to the games. We will no longer whine about prices of the tickets. We should just bend over and take whatever is thrown at us like good little fans - in the future. Who cares about eating and having a place to live when you can go to a hockey game :rolleyes:

Thats the kicker... they CAN afford to go, yet they sit on the computer and ***** about it instead of doing anything. Being out of state gives you a loophole to ***** without EVER having to do anything to help the issue you are bitching about.

I really don't care if all the out of staters ARE offended and embarrased.... because their inaction isn't going to do a damn thing to help out anyways... nor do they have ANY intention of doing anything other than "feeling" offended or embarrassed. Oh well, life goes on, only 8-12 more games and then the issue is moot.

BTW... I do wonder since the lack of attendance is being hailed "as people not supporting the wings in detroit" if that will affect a possible championship parade down woodward? My guess is no, the fans are still here in MASS numbers, we just don't feel that the benefits given to us at the games (a white wavy towel in which I have too many to count now and 2-1/2 hours of hockey) really equal the cost to go to the game. Judging by the biased Media I would have to say about 200 people will show up (about the total in attendance at TB's parade) since we really don't care in detroit anyways. :ph34r:

Edited by OsGOD

ha! well, i didn't even consider the added markup of being in deeper rounds of the playoffs this year. :blush: i was only using the location of the seats as a reference.

nevertheless, if ticket prices are about on par with last year, and last year still had sell out crowds in the playoffs, did the michigan economy dip that badly in one year? i know i've been hearing that the michigan economy has been in decline for some time now, but obviously i don't keep up with it on a day to day basis.

honestly, sub $300 for good seats like those doesn't seem too outrageous to me. i could actually afford those seats if i really wanted to (albeit i would be blowing my wad on a single game). if i recall correctly, "the west wing" spent about $500 each for a pair of tickets on the glass at a wings/kings non-playoff game last season. i was actually quite surprised that seats at that level were still available at jla. to me that says two things, (1) either the michigan economy is so bad that they practically need to have their own exchange rate, or (2) the demand just isn't there.

nevertheless, if ticket prices are about on par with last year, and last year still had sell out crowds in the playoffs, did the michigan economy dip that badly in one year? i know i've been hearing that the michigan economy has been in decline for some time now, but obviously i don't keep up with it on a day to day basis.

Well you are looking at DCX, GM and Ford all laying off RECORD number of people over the last 1-1/2 years. Along with those layoffs comes constant plant closings and the Big three place OUTRAGEOUS demands for cutting costs on suppliers forcing many into bancruptcy (sp?) and other into triming down their work force substantily. Now you couple all those people being dumped back into the unemployment pool.... Not to mention Comerica and Pfizer heading down to texas adding even more people to the pool... you no longer have a shallow pool but an ocean full of people looking for jobs. (i am not even considering all the Hopefull graduates from around the state getting dumped into the pool twice a year)... No new jobs are being brought to michigan maybe a few here or there. Even then, you need mass amounts of school (with is also exponentially increasing) therefore many aren't able to afford to get that schooling. Anyways.... yes it can get that bad in such a short period of time... Jobs are being lost and no new jobs are being created.... hence the 2nd to worst unemployment rate in the nation.

Ha ha, choose wisely when picking your game. Can you even imagine spending $500 for a ticket where the Wings didn't even score a goal...and were beaten badly. Oh yes, we all picture winning, raising the Cup, etc...but what about all the other games...some are good, some are bad...and the bad ones are painful.

We can also afford 1 or 2 games. But the problem is definitely consistancy...couldn't afford the $5000 to buy the whole playoffs at our season ticket prices.

The Wings didn't get far enough last year to know how it would've gone. I think that it's gotten a lot worse in the last year. Auto industry is taking it's toll on the economy. Only the medical indstustry is truly doing well here. If the auto workers don't put money into the economy all businesses suffer. Restarants, shopping plazas, sporting events, etc. No money there. It's just taking its toll. I definitely think the Pistons and the Tigers are also a factor in that reguard. Detroit is also Tiger town and it's a lot cheaper to go to a Tiger game right now for a family...