• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

CUJO#31

New Life?

Rate this topic

I have said in a previous thread about Bert that I haven't seen much positiveness in the guy. He floats around more than Lang has in the playoffs, he doesn't crash the net much, and he is out-bodied a lot along the boards. Unless he changes those 3 crucial parts of his role, I will continue to be skeptical.

Guest bullocks

"Bertuzzi and the Red Wings are trying to overcome a 4-3 overtime loss in Game 2 Sunday that evened their NHL Western Conference final against the Anaheim Ducks. Game 3 of the best-of-seven series goes Tuesday in Anaheim."

:(

First, I'd like to say thank you to cujo#31 for posting this.. really nice read.

Secondly, I love bertuzzi and will defend him till the end. I know there are a lot of people on this forum that have been critizing his lack of producting since joining the Wings, but for me and all the other rational people on this forum, we realize what this guy has had to go through this season both physically and personally in his life; this article gives us a little incite on that.

I really really hope that he'll be back next season and I can almost gaurantee he will because Babcock sees the fire in his eyes and has been saying it since the beginning. If kenny holland gives Bert another year here and allows this guy to settle in detroit, get fully fit, put the past behind him, and focus on his future with the Wings I GARAUNTEE he will show you how much he brings to the table.

Maybe we'll never see the Bertuzzi of old that scored 36 goals in 2001 or 46 in 2002 or 25 in 2005, but I believe we will see a player that has the ability to physically dominate opponents, open holes in the D, create scoring opportunities for teammates, while playing a vital leadership role on the ice and in the locker room.

We love you Bert, keep on truckin.

Guest bullocks

2.5 - 3 mill for a year

not worth it.

i love you Bert,

so much more after reading this.

he's a changed man folks.

re-sign this guy.

:thumbup:

yes, lets re-sign him because he's a changed man. that'll win ya some cups :rolleyes:

2.5 - 3 mill for a year

with his health still be a question mark I don't see holland offering that kind of money or Bert expecting that kind of money.. I'd say anywhere between 1.5-2.5 mil, but who knows, i'm no GM

not worth it.

yes, lets re-sign him because he's a changed man. that'll win ya some cups :rolleyes:

oh come on!

i just want to see him really do well here.

i just dont think it's fair to decide to let him go just based on these play-offs alone, after his major back surgery.

not worth it.

You say this as if we are out of the playoffs :rolleyes:

------

"It's pretty special," said Bertuzzi. "This is such a respectful team."

"I'm not going to lie to you, it's not a position I relish," he admitted, wiping sweat from his face. "If you want to be a part of this team, you have to tow the rope. That's what it takes to win championships. It's guys putting their egos on the side and towing the rope in order to get things done."

Class act :thumbup:

not worth it.

Hi, Steve... I mean Draperfan... I mean Steve.

:rolleyes:

Now adding another member to the "I'm bored and you're ignored, jerky" list.

Jeff

I'd be a lot more interested in them re-signing him if he'd go out there and actually look interested...he needs to drive to the net more...he weighs over 250 pounds with all that equipment on...he needs to start using his size...he should be out there destroying Getzlaf and Perry and running over Giguere...he really, really needs to get it going, the sooner the better