• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

aflac9262

WCF Game 4 GDT (5/17): Red Wings @ Ducks - 9 PM ET

Rate this topic

Honestly, what is it you people want? The Wings absolutely collapse right in front of Dom, giving Selanne a brilliant chance, and it's his fault?

of course it is... how long have you been posting here? :rolleyes:

I dont know what you guys are talking about. The Wings arent playing that bad. Hasek...eh, on a good night, he nabs the first 2 goals easy.

Well wake up, we always get better the longer we play. And those minutes are going to catch up to Jackman, Huskins, Dipenta, and ODonell.

and I must say, I love how the Hasek bashers come rushing out when things go bad. Welcome!!

I stand by Dom unlike people who only appreciate him (sort of) when he wins the games for the Wings, but if Babs pulls him and let's Ozzie tackle a couple of Yucks, that works for me!

Edited by puckloo39

Only way Wings win this game is 4-3 or 5-3. That means we cannot allow another goal the rest of this game. It's not impossible, but highly improbable about now. Wings need to get a pp and score on it right away to get within one then either just pop in another 5 on 5 or hopefully get another pp goal late in the 2nd. If they can get into the 3rd down by 1 or tied, I think they may be able to pull it off.

Man this is a horrible job of capitalizing on another team's misfortune (pronger). That was one of the most depressing periods of hockey ever.

what the f* are you talking about?

Hasek can be blamed for bad positioning with 3rd goal, although it was handed to the Ducks by our brillant defensive play with 4 guys chasing Marchant(?).

on goals 1 & 2 Hasek was without chance.

relax. they have more hustle and more willingness for now. but it's still 2 periods to play. with that crappy defense Ducks have and Giguere making

such blatant mistakes we should be able to tie those 3 goals. we only need our D to focus

Edited by akustyk

Guest jaytan

Often, when Hasek lets in a bad goal, he picks his game up and is outstanding for the rest of the game. I'm not panicking yet. When I suggested Osgood, I was sarcastically mocking the Ducks' handling of Giguere in Game 3.

We need to burst out with a lot of energy from the start in the second, dump the puck in their zone and keep them out of ours. We can't afford to lose this one, or we're all but done.

What a pathetically sloppy opening period. Seemed like the team was far too greedy offensively (gambling more often than usual) and sacraficed the level of play in their own zone.

I'm not completely discouraged by the period, though. Selanne's tally is a potential back-breaker, but I think as this game goes on the Wings will get stronger.

Outside of the few sloppy plays that cost them they didn't look too bad.

... But, for the next 40+ minutes, how about we lose the sloppiness, mkay?

Guest bullocks

This is exactly what i was scared of. Them thinking since Pronger's out we can half ass it. They better pick it up in the 2nd and atleast make it a one goal margin goaling into the third!!

Not surprised to see early adversity--I figured we would tonight. Bertuzzi needs to make up for that terrible giveaway... We certainly have been in this spot before in the playoffs... We can't give up the next goal. C'mon guys! Spanking a team alway causes a let down, no matter what the coaches say... Get your heads out of Disneyland...

I'm very much pro-Hasek but he is far and away the worse player on either team right now and doing horrendous. Granted he's carried up through previous victories so I'm not that sour, but he's been the difference maker so far this game and in a baaad way. Of course I know how Dom plays and pulling him would be a mistake, he's a harsher critic of himself than anyone and will only get better. Give him an intermission to collect himself and I'll expect him to close the door.

Only way Wings win this game is 4-3 or 5-3. That means we cannot allow another goal the rest of this game. It's not impossible, but highly improbable about now. Wings need to get a pp and score on it right away to get within one then either just pop in another 5 on 5 or hopefully get another pp goal late in the 2nd. If they can get into the 3rd down by 1 or tied, I think they may be able to pull it off.

How can you think its improbable? The Ducks are giving us lots of chances and Giguere hasnt looked good since Game 1, if then. Detroit can pot a few goals in the next 2 and keep Anaheim back. Theyve done it a few times in this series and we all know how theyve learned to thrive on adversity. Hell, we havent even gotten a chance on the PP yet!

Guest REDWINGS4LYFE

and I must say, I love how the Hasek bashers come rushing out when things go bad. Welcome!!

I stand by Dom unlike people who only appreciate him (sort of) when he wins the games for the Wings, but if Babs pulls him and let's Ozzie tackle a couple of Yucks, that works for me!

LOOKS LIKE SOMEONE HAS A CRUSH ON HASEK :P

im not a hasek hater, but pulling the goalie has a postive effect and it just didnt look like hasek's day today.

I'm calling it now 5-4 Wings.

We played a good period - minus the bad giveaway from Bert. Those goals by the Ducks were flukey.

Guest Agalloch

Often, when Hasek lets in a bad goal, he picks his game up and is outstanding for the rest of the game. I'm not panicking yet. When I suggested Osgood, I was sarcastically mocking the Ducks' handling of Giguere in Game 3.

We need to burst out with a lot of energy from the start in the second, dump the puck in their zone and keep them out of ours. We can't afford to lose this one, or we're all but done.

Excuse me? We're done if the series is tied 2-2 and we go back to Detroit? That makes a total of zero sense.

Guest jaytan

thats a D- period, babs better pull a Bobby Knight type speech and get this team focused.

Which guy should he choke?