• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

aflac9262

WCF Game 4 GDT (5/17): Red Wings @ Ducks - 9 PM ET

Rate this topic

Often, when Hasek lets in a bad goal, he picks his game up and is outstanding for the rest of the game. I'm not panicking yet. When I suggested Osgood, I was sarcastically mocking the Ducks' handling of Giguere in Game 3.

We need to burst out with a lot of energy from the start in the second, dump the puck in their zone and keep them out of ours. We can't afford to lose this one, or we're all but done.

actually, I wasn't kidding when I said put Ozzie in. It might wake the Wings up to know that Dom can't stop everything every night. Ozzie would be just fine out there, and the Wings might wake up if they know they better play, too.

Ok, I'm done. I have work to do anyways. Early day for me tomorrow, so I might as well get a go at this, since I don't want to be up all night.

Just get off the board...you call yourself a fan yet you are quitting already. You obviously didnt watch the last series. They have made up 2 goals before

that too many men penalty could turn out to be a key point in this series. the wings were dominating at that time but that careless penalty gave them life.

the wings are not out of this yet though - i feel that the ducks will need to score again to win this game.

Edited by UKWING

Wow. Some of you guys need to seriously stfu. This game is far from over.

The Wings weren't even playing bad. Not at all. 2nd period is ours. GO WINGS!!!!!!

BTW, none of this is Dom's fault. Get real people.

Those of you bitching may as well go to sleep. This is hockey, and the Wings have been in this spot several times. They are fine.

im sorry but both the d AND Hasek are to blame for 2 of their goals now. This should still be a 1-1 game, if not a 2-1 game at BEST. Teemu's goal was HORRID! The Ducks arent even out-playing us.

Dom just needs to settle down, take the whistle instead of ALWASY trying to play the puck and not let any other goals in. As for Detroit, its not like this isnt familiar territory. We've been in this situation more games than not.

Even I'll admit, I'm sweating right now, HATING that we're down by 2, but do NOT say this game is over.

This is exactly what i was scared of. Them thinking since Pronger's out we can half ass it. They better pick it up in the 2nd and atleast make it a one goal margin goaling into the third!!

Make it a 1 goal margin going into the third?? 2nd periods have been our best so far. Unless you mean a one goal margin going into the 3rd in the form of a 4-3 Wings lead of course.

That's Bro Hymn Tribute by Pennywise - great punk band from SOCAL.

EXCELLENT!

I have been trying to figure that thing out FOREVER... no one would answer me.

Well, Thanks to a bad turnover, Danny Markov, and some poor refs, we suck tonight. I knew this was gonna happen. Everyone read too much into Pronger being out. Well, if we continue to play bad tonight...this is a huge momentum boost for Anaheim comming into Detroit. ahh s***. I think they can pull it off..but will they?

Guest Agalloch

Wow. Some of you guys need to seriously stfu. This game is far from over.

The Wings weren't even playing bad. Not at all. 2nd period is ours. GO WINGS!!!!!!

BTW, none of this is Dom's fault. Get real people.

Those of you bitching may as well go to sleep. This is hockey, and the Wings have been in this spot several times. They are fine.

Hasek gives up three goals on eight shots and yet NONE of this is his fault? Are you joking?

LOOKS LIKE SOMEONE HAS A CRUSH ON HASEK :P

im not a hasek hater, but pulling the goalie has a postive effect and it just didnt look like hasek's day today.

obviously, I love the guy. And I don't really disagree with taking Dom out to try and wake the Wings up. Too many men, delay of game, whatever -- Dom killed it all off the last game, but as you said, tonight may just not be his night. I love him to death, but do allow that he can have an off night.

It's not impossible, but highly improbable about now.

It is? Against an Anaheim defense that allowed 5 in Game 3 and is without Pronger? Make no mistake, the Ducks capitalized on their chances, but I don't doubt for a second the resiliency of this club over the next 40 minutes. They need just two goals in that span and I don't think that's asking much.

Up the tempo in period 2, get the forecheck going hard and force the Ducks to take penalties. Get a couple power plays in the second period and keep rolling those four lines at even strength. As long as you stay responsible in your own end, steadily wearing down the Ducks will reap rewards as this game continues on.

They better get it to gether for the next two periods and close it out next game ........I don't think i can take listening to verses anouncers with the Foul Fest much longer

Guest jaytan

Excuse me? We're done if the series is tied 2-2 and we go back to Detroit? That makes a total of zero sense.

It's the Pronger factor, and the confidence factor for the Ducks (not to mention that Selanne is back, apparently). Factor in the fatigue for our guys, and it seems pretty tough.

That's why I didn't feel good about that suspension. It's just going to make them play harder and then when Pronger's back, it's like a shot in the arm.

How about everyone just calms down and relaxes for two seconds...

Yes, the Ducks are up 3-1 but;

The Wings have yet to get a PP

They're peppering Giggy so far with shots

Giggy doesn't have a SO (thats very key)

The goals on Hasek were fluky, except for the first.

There were some bad bounces people but no reason to think we should be talking 2-2 heading back to Detroit. Obviously if it is, its not the end of the world -- before we went to Anaheim, we were all just hoping for a split anyways.

This next period is definitely crucial but it will be a good one.

Come on Wings!

Just get off the board...you call yourself a fan yet you are quitting already. You obviously didnt watch the last series. They have made up 2 goals before

Excuse me. Sorry I have a life beyond watching the Wings.

God, grow up. Yeah, I do call myself a fan. I'm horrible at multi-tasking though, so if the Wings are going to play horrible like they currently are, I've got better things to do.

Dang. They started out looking decent, but lost some steam as the period went on.

Good thing there is 40 more minutes of hockey left for them to come back. I've got faith that they can do it. If they don't, 2-2 going back to Detroit was still what I was hoping for at the start of the series.

That said, they can absolutely still win this one.

edit for confusing grammar.

Edited by Wings_Fan_In_Exile

We played a good period - minus the bad giveaway from Bert. Those goals by the Ducks were flukey.

gotta disagree. Bert giveaway is part of the story. it was 1-1 quickly afterwards.

it's the mistakes our D-men made which dug us the hole. they need to keep focus and

play like this was life and death

Markov is having one of his worst game in his career.

First he draws too many man on the ice penalty and manages to deflect the shot into the net

Later, he goes for puck while 2 guys were already on marchant (i dont know why because lidstrom was closer) and boom puck in our net

Wow

Edited by Yemack

Looks like the zebras are back to turning a blind eye to Duckie interference and slashes to the stick. I think I counted 4 times that sticks have been slashed out of the Wings' hands... not a call to be seen. The VS. troglodytes feign ignorance... life goes on.

Anybody else think that the play Dats got the gate for was a hand pass to the guy that shot it anyway? Play should have been stopped alot earlier. No big deal... just another case of the ref's needing to visit the local optician. What a shocker.

That being said... Wings have looked good here and there. Hasek looks positively Manny-like. Can we railroad spike his ass to the goal so he doesn't roam?

All the luck appears to be shifted in the fDucks favor in the first 20 mins. We'll see what happens the next 20.

C'mon boys! Wake up and put that puck in the net!!

GO WINGS GO!

Later,

Jeff

Well, Thanks to a bad turnover, Danny Markov, and some poor refs, we suck tonight. I knew this was gonna happen. Everyone read too much into Pronger being out. Well, if we continue to play bad tonight...this is a huge momentum boost for Anaheim comming into Detroit. ahh s***. I think they can pull it off..but will they?

I just like how the Wings can't ever POSSIBLY lose without someone on this forum blaming the refs.

Both teams have to deal with them people.

the Wings need to play better, but this game is far from over. Selanne was due for a goal in the first place. So now maybe he'll go back into hibernation for the rest of the series.....

Like it was a huge momentum boost to win the game 5-0? Every game is a new one. Hell, every period is a new one.