• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

high_stick69

Bertuzzi

Rate this topic

I am excited about Bert's future. I thought last night was his best game in a Red Wings uniform. He is getting stronger and stronger as time goes on. What did you think of his game (speed, hitting, play with and away from the puck)? Other than the crappy turnover a minute into the game that directly led to the Ducks first goal, I thought he was pretty good.

Edited by high_stick69

You know what ive realised ... that when bertuzzi scores a goal we end up losing ... 3-2 loss against Calgary (except game 3 of ducks series) anyways im not hating on him ... i love the guy its just i find it funny

Yeah, passing in the defensive zone doesn't seem to be his strength. That said, he does seem to be - fingers crossed - finding his place in our offense. Yesterday he did seem to know when to get at the front of the net better than previous games, and hopefully that will continue. And I'm hopeful that some of the bigger hits and better skating will also pick up as he continues to get back into his rhythm.

You know what ive realised ... that when bertuzzi scores a goal we end up losing ... 3-2 loss against Calgary (except game 3 of ducks series) anyways im not hating on him ... i love the guy its just i find it funny
He scored in game 3...

Yeah, passing in the defensive zone doesn't seem to be his strength. That said, he does seem to be - fingers crossed - finding his place in our offense. Yesterday he did seem to know when to get at the front of the net better than previous games, and hopefully that will continue. And I'm hopeful that some of the bigger hits and better skating will also pick up as he continues to get back into his rhythm.

Absolutely, give him time to get the mojo back, he's played in what 15 games the last two seasons? 32 with a back issue, he'll get it back.

Absolutely, give him time to get the mojo back, he's played in what 15 games the last two seasons? 32 with a back issue, he'll get it back.

Sincerity or sarcasm?

Edited by lets go pavel

Guest jaytan

He's going to be my favorite player on the team by the time the playoffs are over! If we don't re-sign him, I'll go outside and Bertuzzi the first person I see.

Sincerity or sarcasm?

seriously? :unsure:

bert seems to be playing a lot better in the offensive zone. and he seems to be much more effective facing the net rather than playing with his back toward the net (ala homer). that's why i think when bert is on the pp, we should be running plays from behind the net. if i recall correctly, both of his last 2 goals were scored from plays that started from behind the net.

his defensive zone skills still need a lot of work. that giveaway last night was just awful. there wasn't anyone within 10 feet of the guy and he turns the freakin' puck over.

bert seems to be playing a lot better in the offensive zone. and he seems to be much more effective facing the net rather than playing with his back toward the net (ala homer). that's why i think when bert is on the pp, we should be running plays from behind the net. if i recall correctly, both of his last 2 goals were scored from plays that started from behind the net.

his defensive zone skills still need a lot of work. that giveaway last night was just awful. there wasn't anyone within 10 feet of the guy and he turns the freakin' puck over.

I disagree it was a great tape to tape pass to Perry. :D Honestly Betuzzi has the potential to be exactly what he was one of the best power forwards in the game. While i think Frankie B took the wrong angle on the goal,you gotta give it up to Bert he got to the front of the net and made it happen.

When you add everything up last night, he was more negative than positive. I wish that weren't true - but his puck handling isn't great. He should not be making those kinds of mistakes. Great that he got the goal - but giving up that first one really set the tone of the game imo. Dunno what to say, Babs will play him his 10 min or so per game. I am hoping he keeps getting better - he played well in game 3 (everyone did) - but it's a slow process.

Anyone noticed the very poor hands of Bertuzzi ??

He is NO WAY the player he was in Vancouver

He definitely stepped up (beginning of the playoffs he was playing like Lang) but he is still far from the first line clutch playoff guy than he was..

Also the guy is not really fast and does not fit with Detroit's game, i don't give a f. about his useless hits...

I'd say keep him before the cap... But right now : do NOT resign this guy :thumbdown:

Edited by RedWings

After the Moore hit, my hatred for Bertuzzi was insane.

Once hearing of the trade, I definitely wasn't a happy camper.

But after a slow start, he is inching his way into finding his place

and I'm excited to see what he can do.

(Minus concussions of course)

didn't mean to imply he should be sarcastic, i agreed that he is improving in the offensive zone (see earlier post) ... but with getzlaf15 you never know if he's being sincere or trying to start s*** ...

Edited by lets go pavel

Guest jaytan

I still don't think he should have been crucified for the Moore hit. That guy got what he deserved. It's not like Bert was trying to end his career, it just played out that way. A five-game suspension or something like that would have been more fitting.

I still don't think he should have been crucified for the Moore hit. That guy got what he deserved. It's not like Bert was trying to end his career, it just played out that way. A five-game suspension or something like that would have been more fitting.

I completely disagree. All the punishment Bertuzzi got was well deserved. This isn't the thread to talk about this though so that's all im saying. That was then and this is now..

No, I haven't actually.

Anyway, if you were expecting Bertuzzi to be the player he was in Vancouver you were bound to be disappointed. He's just now finding his rhythm.

Agreed. Despite Bert not playing at his best till now, I've thought even in his first games with the Wings he's had great hands. The thing about Todd is when he's on his game he's not only about size and toughness, he's skilled and got great, soft hands. He's up there with the best of 'em.

Everyone is being so hard on Bert.... hell, he has netted a few goals in his first ever playoff stint with the wings... That is more than other forwards can say in their career with the wings!

Edited by OsGOD

You guys should know you can't say anything bad about Bert on here my God people will string you up. He's the best player to ever come into Detroit. He's Big he hits everything and he's got the softest hands in the NHL. Bring him back next year for whatever the cost $10mil if you have to, of course a 20 year deal. I mean even if he has struggled give him a break, he's such an upstanding gentlemen who wouldn't hurt a fly (or an Av for that matter).

P.S. To all of the Bertuzzi lover since your blinded by his brilliance you might not have been able to tell that that wass SARCASM

Bert has great hands! He converted a pass from Lang to score and he was the one who slid that puck back in front for Cleary to score--'twas a nice play as the announcers said. There are times away from the net when he bobbles the puck but I think it's just rust, which is slowly but surely getting the grease! The longer we last, the better I think he'll be: he's one hell of a hockey player and the ability that made him the premier power forward in the league is still in there somewhere.

You guys should know you can't say anything bad about Bert on here my God people will string you up. He's the best player to ever come into Detroit. He's Big he hits everything and he's got the softest hands in the NHL. Bring him back next year for whatever the cost $10mil if you have to, of course a 20 year deal. I mean even if he has struggled give him a break, he's such an upstanding gentlemen who wouldn't hurt a fly (or an Av for that matter).

P.S. To all of the Bertuzzi lover since your blinded by his brilliance you might not have been able to tell that that wass SARCASM

I remember you...you are Draperfan's brother. Another one added to the ignore feature :D