• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Guest bullocks

Optimism vs. reality

Rate this topic

because* ;)

And the part after 'becasue' or whatever said that I am full of typos today. You can call me a lot of things, but not a liar.... :)

Edited by Offsides

Guest MrSandMan

Wings didn't come this far to let it all slip away in a 6 game series. This will be a 7 game series.

Until we lose 4, I'm not pressing the panic button. Wings and Lidstrom have been through so much. This is just a sliver compared to what they have faced through-out their previous playoff runs.

Wings in 7!

I didn't read all the posts so if this was already mentioned, sorry, but, DOES ANYBODY REMEMBER COLORADO IN 2002? Yes we will rebound and tie the series in game 6 and then slap them in the face at home in game 7. All of you with the defeatists attitudes need to look inside yourselves and re-evaluate why your a red wings fan in the first place. Then you will realize that we can do this. I know we can and so do you.

Edited by Spinner

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA.

And you call yourself a FAN? You ACTIVELY come on here to dispel any sense of faith, and to profess that we have zero chance! My goodness!

I know that I can get supremely caustic sometimes. I know that I can sound hurtful and condescending. All comments of mine that sound such are aimed at my distaste for the exact sort of attitude that this poster displays here.

Hey, man--if I wouldn't get banned, I'd give you a real piece of my mind. I'll stick within the rules here, and tell you to take your defensively-pessimistic, bandwagon ass and hightail it out of here for good, because you're clearly no fan of the Detroit Red Wings.

Haha some of you guys are just sad. You act like the Red Wings are your God in some sort of sad religion. Would it be sweet if the Wings won the cup? You bet. Is it the end of the world if they don't? Not even close. 35,000 people will die of starvation and disease tonight. We are arguably closer than ever at this point in history of seeing major nuclear war than at any other point before. There are a lot more important things in the world to worry about and accomplish than beating the Ducks 2 games in a row. I think it is plain stupid and superstitious to pretend like having faith in the Wings will somehow allow them to win. It doesn't matter if you sit at home and say the wings are going to lose or the wings are going to win. This isn't Never Never Land, you have no power over the outcome of a hockey game no matter how much you wish it to be so. I of course will get flamed after making this post but some of you people are plain ridiculous. You cannot will the Wings to win and not having blind faith in a hockey team to win a game doesn't mean you aren't a fan. Some of you really need a life.

Guest bullocks

Haha some of you guys are just sad. You act like the Red Wings are your God in some sort of sad religion. Would it be sweet if the Wings won the cup? You bet. Is it the end of the world if they don't? Not even close. 35,000 people will die of starvation and disease tonight. We are arguably closer than ever at this point in history of seeing major nuclear war than at any other point before. There are a lot more important things in the world to worry about and accomplish than beating the Ducks 2 games in a row. I think it is plain stupid and superstitious to pretend like having faith in the Wings will somehow allow them to win. It doesn't matter if you sit at home and say the wings are going to lose or the wings are going to win. This isn't Never Never Land, you have no power over the outcome of a hockey game no matter how much you wish it to be so. I of course will get flamed after making this post but some of you people are plain ridiculous. You cannot will the Wings to win and not having blind faith in a hockey team to win a game doesn't mean you aren't a fan. Some of you really need a life.

nobody seems to get that on here. atleast 90% of ppl.

wow, some of u ppl are morons.

i guess its tru, if u make a comment against the wings u get bashed.. too bad.

There's one of you on every message board...The one that thinks HE is the face of reality...I hope you don't watch games 6 (and hopefully 7). The series is over right? It's not like we haven't overcome adversity in EVERY series this season...

nobody seems to get that on here. atleast 90% of ppl.

It's not about having blind faith that your team will win no matter what, it's about rooting for your team regardless of their chances. Maybe people are different, but how do you root for your team while saying "we're going to lose"?

Tuesday's game is daunting, but we can win it. It's going to be loud, and they're going to come out hard, but we've shown we can play with Anaheim, and we've shown we can beat them IN Anaheim. We can win this thing. This is not blind faith, just confidence.

The solace is it wasn't game 6 or game 7. Have you noticed the home teams have won very rarely in OT in this year's playoffs. The OT game the Wings won was at Calgary. I went to bed just like I do after every loss in a game we should have won----ala the Tigers and Lions.

No matter what happens ALWAYS REMEMBER it's KEY that we do not covet Giguerre or Pronger in the offseason.

That would hurt my soul.

Well thats just dumb... we always have to covet a player from a team that eliminates us, that or lose at least one player to that team... Sergei --> Mighty Phucks and McCarty --> Calgary Flames

However, since we do have to covet at least one... my vote is for Getslaugh!

Guest MrSandMan

What does Colorado in 02' have to do with Anaheim 07?

About as much as the Alamo does.

Stop bringing up 02' there is nothing similar between 02' and 07.

5 yrs difference.

5 goals scored 3 times in this yrs Wings series. Game 3 Wings dominted Ducks. Dominator had 3 shut outs this post season. We lost game 5 like 02' to come back and win .

Won game six 2-0 reversed (02')

Wong game seven 7-0 reversed (07')

We beat Carolina Hurcanes in 5 games

Every game ended in 3 goal win on either side in that series.

Lucky numbers: 02, 3, 07 :siren:

Edited by MrSandMan

:blink:

The biggest difference out PP was golden in 02 in 07 we are s***.

Colorado was the same type of team were were, skilled.

Ahaheim uses the fact we cant score on the powerplay to nuetralize us.

They take their chances on taking penalties cuz we dont score on the PP.

The situations are not the same at all.

:blink:

The biggest difference out PP was golden in 02 in 07 we are s***.

Colorado was the same type of team were were, skilled.

Ahaheim uses the fact we cant score on the powerplay to nuetralize us.

They take their chances on taking penalties cuz we dont score on the PP.

The situations are not the same at all.

Except for the fact that the series score was the same and game 5 ended the same way as in the '02 WCF's. That's the similarity people are talking about, and it is a similarity.

Obviously, it doesn't mean that history will repeat itself, but you don't have to rain on people's parade all the time.

Edited by Never Forget Mac #25

...wow, u r k00l dudez! I am far frum whining, g! may-b I mis-n-terprid the faith thing, dog, but don't go n be callin me all dem namez... Save dis sh!t 4 ur warz on myspace... And u bein catholic has nutting to do wit faith. I am not making fun of religion...

...anyway, I didn't say the couldn't do it. If they don't, not one person should feel horrible, because they did far better than they were predicted to do. Just because you had higher expectations than most people, good on ya! You prolly are one of those fans that if the Wings don't win the Cup every year, they had a sucky season..... word to yo mutha

LMAO are u intoxicated bro?! First off dont go judging other fans assuming how they are, i've been a die hard red wings fan my whole life, living in Toronto area I take tons of BS but Im passionite about the Red Wings win or lose, and u know what yeah I am dissappointed when they dont win the cup but who wouldnt be?! After all that is what the whole year is about, playing for the Stanley cup! So I think u should shutup b4 u look any stupider, and now ur changing ur words about faith, as every1 said that was probably the stupidest post ive ever seen in my life, ANYWAYS again pther than this moron, the wings WILL win on tuesday and we WILL win game 7, FAITH, Eliminate mistakes, the only team that can beat us is ourselves, GO WINGS GO!!

Haha some of you guys are just sad. You act like the Red Wings are your God in some sort of sad religion. Would it be sweet if the Wings won the cup? You bet. Is it the end of the world if they don't? Not even close. 35,000 people will die of starvation and disease tonight. We are arguably closer than ever at this point in history of seeing major nuclear war than at any other point before. There are a lot more important things in the world to worry about and accomplish than beating the Ducks 2 games in a row. I think it is plain stupid and superstitious to pretend like having faith in the Wings will somehow allow them to win. It doesn't matter if you sit at home and say the wings are going to lose or the wings are going to win. This isn't Never Never Land, you have no power over the outcome of a hockey game no matter how much you wish it to be so. I of course will get flamed after making this post but some of you people are plain ridiculous. You cannot will the Wings to win and not having blind faith in a hockey team to win a game doesn't mean you aren't a fan.

Respectfully disagree.

1) The world has always been a dangerous place, and things such as movies, music, dance, hobbies, and yes, sports, distract us from the dreck and grind of everyday life-- at their best, they uplift us and inspire us. That's no small thing, precisely BECAUSE 35,000 people will die tonight or an atom might split.

2) 35,000 people will still die tonight even if hockey had never been invented.

3) For the sake of argument, can you show me scientific proof that positive thinking and positive energy do NOT have power?

3) Most people need to believe in something. And it's not "blind" faith if someone happens to believe that a very good hockey team has a fair chance of beating a team who has shown itself to be the lesser ("lesser," at least in that someone's opinion, and that of many unbiased onlookers).

Some of you really need a life.

Telling people who are passionate about their partisanship on a fan board to get a life is the quintessential definition of trolling, but far, FAR worse than that, it's SOOO last decade. :zzz:

PS: It is TOO Neverland-- except here, everywhere else I travel on the 'net I'm known as 'tink' and tink sez: Clap if you believe! :clap:

[how twee of me, I know, I know!]

Edited by RedRockit

What does Colorado in 02' have to do with Anaheim 07?

About as much as the Alamo does.

Stop bringing up 02' there is nothing similar between 02' and 07.

Actually, the similarities up to this point are quite striking. Regardless, short of a Statue of Liberty gaffe by Giguere in game 6, I have a hard time believing that this series will follow a similar course of events to its conclusion.

Its easy to say yah we'll still win the series blah blah look at 02'. But let's be realistic here, thats two games we outplayed them, and LOST...this loss was devastating...i just don't see us outplaying them 2 more games to come back. Considerign we can't even score.

In past years I might have agreed with this. Against the Flames and then the Oilers, when we were down 3-2 a lot of people thought we still had a chance. But the way the Wings were playing in both of those series had me believe that we were lucky to have even 2 wins. We played sloppy and without a lot of heart and desire.

This year it's been completely different. The Wings looked brutal for the first 2 games and after the OT loss in game 2 I thought the Wings might have run out of gas. But they have only gotten stronger since then.

If the Ducks had thoroughly outplayed the Wings yesterday I might be inclined to think that we were done. But this team has shown a butt-load of resiliancy and I don't think they are going to give up at all. In fact, I think we're going to come out storming and throw everything at them for 60 minutes.

If the Ducks continue to play like like they have over the last 3 games while the Wings continue to do the same, I have no reason to believe we can't win the next 2. Hasek is the equalizer, not Giggy's pads. Sooner or later, those giant, fat rebounds that Giggy gives up in the middle of the slot are going to stop rolling over our players sticks and they'll be in the back of the net.

Game 6: Wings 5, Ducks 1. (And yes, we will score on a 5-on-3).

Edited by Hank

Wings didn't come this far to let it all slip away in a 6 game series. This will be a 7 game series.

Until we lose 4, I'm not pressing the panic button. Wings and Lidstrom have been through so much. This is just a sliver compared to what they have faced through-out their previous playoff runs.

Wings in 7!

Very nicely said!!! :clap:

My prediction at the beginning was that this was going to 7 games and I still think it will (I was hoping to be up 3-2 at this point, but hey, we're not done!).

Seems there are many so-called "fans" jumping off the bandwagon, but hey, more room for us to stretch out!!! :beerbuddy:

It's OUR year!

Guest bullocks

In past years I might have agreed with this. Against the Flames and then the Oilers, when we were down 3-2 a lot of people thought we still had a chance. But the way the Wings were playing in both of those series had me believe that we were lucky to have even 2 wins. We played sloppy and without a lot of heart and desire.

This year it's been completely different. The Wings looked brutal for the first 2 games and after the OT loss in game 2 I thought the Wings might have run out of gas. But they have only gotten stronger since then.

If the Ducks had thoroughly outplayed the Wings yesterday I might be inclined to think that we were done. But this team has shown a butt-load of resiliancy and I don't think they are going to give up at all. In fact, I think we're going to come out storming and throw everything at them for 60 minutes.

If the Ducks continue to play like like they have over the last 3 games while the Wings continue to do the same, I have no reason to believe we can't win the next 2. Hasek is the equalizer, not Giggy's pads. Sooner or later, those giant, fat rebounds that Giggy gives up in the middle of the slot are going to stop rolling over our players sticks and they'll be in the back of the net.

Game 6: Wings 5, Ducks 1. (And yes, we will score on a 5-on-3).

yah the wings will win 5-1, and im brad pitt. :lol:

yah the wings will win 5-1, and im brad pitt. :lol:

Well Brad, if the Wings win 5-1, I want my inbox to be full of pics of your gorgeous wife making muffins with nothing but an appron on.

Well Brad, if the Wings win 5-1, I want my inbox to be full of pics of your gorgeous wife making muffins with nothing but an appron on.

:lol: LOL :lol:

Seriously, many people have already said this, but this team has something about the way they are playing that leads me to believe they will pull it out.

Anaheim on the other hand has not looked like a team that deserves to win. As much as the commentators would lead us to believe that JS is the reason for the Duck wins, the truth of the matter is, the Wings have controlled the last three games... they only have 1 win to show for it, but they have dominated the games.

This team has what it takes. They will be more focused on burying the opportunities that they are given around the net and Dom will be stronger than ever... trust me, if the Ducks win, they will have worked 10 times harder than they have so far in this series.

I STILL believe.

GO WINGS GO!!

Guest bullocks

deal, u'll have me prancing around in a thong as well. :lol: