• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Guest bullocks

Optimism vs. reality

Rate this topic

Realistically, I don't think we can win. I hate Babcock's brute force approach on offense... shooting from anywhere and hoping the puck bounces off something and in.

hate to tell you this, but the brute force offense is what works.. SJS didn't employ it and look where they are? BUF didn't use it and look what they are doing now? OTT and DET all of sudden woke up this year and started playing playoff hockey instead of looking for the perfect play..

BUDDY IT'S CALLED FAITH...LEARN TO GET SOME!!! We cant win every series in 6, Anaheim is to good ofa team and to even, I called Detroit in 7 at the beginning of the series so we juz have 2 win next game and were back home alrite, and what u said is juz stupid..sorry but this bugs me...DO U RATHER GET UR ASS OUTPLAYED AND LOSE, or u rather lose the way we did 2day which is outplay them?! I rather lose this way cuz it gives u confidence that ur playing better hockey than thye are and eventualyl this hard work will pay off trust me, if we were getting outlayed and lost than i can see us being concerned, relax alrite have faith, we can do it we did it in 02 yeah thats right I said it, and we can do it again 1 shift at a time every1 look in the mirror and ask if ur giving it ur all and do whatever u can to score and win the next 2 games, WE BELIEVE!!!! GO WINGS GO!!!

Guys, your comments are all falling on deaf ears. Clearly bullocks is nothing but a bandwagon, fair weather fan, and it'll be near impossible to change his mind. I myself don't have a whole lot of faith going into Game 6, but I'm not completely writing the Wings off like this guy is. It's ridiculous, but theres nothing you can really do.

Its easy to say yah we'll still win the series blah blah look at 02'. But let's be realistic here, thats two games we outplayed them, and LOST...this loss was devastating...i just don't see us outplaying them 2 more games to come back. Considerign we can't even score.

...also, there is a few major differences now, than in '02. They are, Yzerman, Shanahan, Fedorov, Larionov, Hull, Robitaille and Bowman, just to name a few...

...if the Wings cannot figure out the PP, then we will lose. This is a far different team than 02. I am optimistic and sure, than can do it, but the need to put the puck at the net even more, forget all the pussyfoot, fancydanning around, throw the puck at the net, that is how the Ducks scored all 5 goals in game 4. Not one was finesse, just throw it on net...

BUDDY IT'S CALLED FAITH...LEARN TO GET SOME!!! We cant win every series in 6, Anaheim is to good ofa team and to even, I called Detroit in 7 at the beginning of the series so we juz have 2 win next game and were back home alrite, and what u said is juz stupid..sorry but this bugs me...DO U RATHER GET UR ASS OUTPLAYED AND LOSE, or u rather lose the way we did 2day which is outplay them?! I rather lose this way cuz it gives u confidence that ur playing better hockey than thye are and eventualyl this hard work will pay off trust me, if we were getting outlayed and lost than i can see us being concerned, relax alrite have faith, we can do it we did it in 02 yeah thats right I said it, and we can do it again 1 shift at a time every1 look in the mirror and ask if ur giving it ur all and do whatever u can to score and win the next 2 games, WE BELIEVE!!!! GO WINGS GO!!!

...hmmmm, this post looks like it belongs on myspace! :lol:

...seriuosly, just cause you called WIngs in 7, that is what is gonna happen? Please, have faith? No matter what religion your are, I don't think your God gives two craps about the Wings winning the Stanley Cup, and if you are praying to him/her for a Stanley Cup win, you REALLY need to get your priorities checked. Dude, cross your fingers or rub the rabbits foot, but please leave the faith to miracles and the after-life...

...enjoy what was a grand season, they far exceed EVERYONE'S expectations this season, rejoice! Have Fun! Kiss your family! Get a good nights rest and have faith that you wake up on the morning healthy and happy, because if you don't wake up, do you really think you'll care if the Wings win the Cup?

wow, some of u ppl are morons.

i guess its tru, if u make a comment against the wings u get bashed.. too bad.

you should really think about changing your avatar.

valteri wouldn't approve of this blasphemy and you certainly don't match his heart and commitment.

Guest bullocks

easy there killer.. you know you can be a fan and not be a complete and utter homer.. so what if your negative.. this is the place to vent those frustrations.. I am one of the biggest hockey fans around (and yes I started out a wings only fan back in the early 80's) and I will tell you the Wings messed up BIG time by blowing the last two games.. they are outgunned big time in this series and they have stayed in it by out working a more skilled opponent.. I do not expect ANA to make that mistake 3 games in a row.. do I hope the wings win on Tuesday? hell yeah! do I like there chances in a game 7 because of there experience? Hell yeah! I just don't see a solid ANA team getting outplayed again..

thank you.

i have faith..trust me, after an hour or two to take in this loss i have things...but to tell u the truth, if u lose i'd rather get outplayed and do it!!! so u know u deserve to lose, right now we don't deserve to lose...and thats what hurts the most.

...seriuosly, just cause you called WIngs in 7, that is what is gonna happen? Please, have faith? No matter what religion your are, I don't think your God gives two craps about the Wings winning the Stanley Cup, and if you are praying to him/her for a Stanley Cup win, you REALLY need to get your priorities checked. Dude, cross your fingers or rub the rabbits foot, but please leave the faith to miracles and the after-life...

...enjoy what was a grand season, they far exceed EVERYONE'S expectations this season, rejoice! Have Fun! Kiss your family! Get a good nights rest and have faith that you wake up on the morning healthy and happy, because if you don't wake up, do you really think you'll care if the Wings win the Cup?

since when exactly does "faith" equal God? one can have faith in Him and just about anything else. i believe you've misread the post in question, it was left with good intentions. i believe (regardless of the user's religion) personal religious vocation wasn't even being considered. no need for the tirade.

Guest bullocks

Guys, your comments are all falling on deaf ears. Clearly bullocks is nothing but a bandwagon, fair weather fan, and it'll be near impossible to change his mind. I myself don't have a whole lot of faith going into Game 6, but I'm not completely writing the Wings off like this guy is. It's ridiculous, but theres nothing you can really do.

did i say i'm writing them off? no...i'm saying, realistically, if we cant win a game outplaying them, or score a goal for that matter, then how will he.

i don't think u understand how badly i want them to win...it takes a real fan to say this, not some...okay we got bad breaks we'll win next game bulls***.

Guest Crymson

Please, have faith? No matter what religion your are, I don't think your God gives two craps about the Wings winning the Stanley Cup, and if you are praying to him/her for a Stanley Cup win, you REALLY need to get your priorities checked. Dude, cross your fingers or rub the rabbits foot, but please leave the faith to miracles and the after-life...

This is by far the most inane thing I've seen posted today. Faith is not limited to religion. Faith is simply the investment of belief and support in another entity, whether that be a team, a car, or the stock market.. whatever.

I am--though Jewish--very secular. I have "faith" in the Wings, yes: I believe they can win.

And, in conclusion, those people who subscribe to the belief of a higher power(s) can bloody well pray to that deity (or multiple deities) about whatever they please. Why should you care?

Guest bullocks

quit whining.. you are the same dude that ******* and moans on facebook on the ducks boards, and lies about being drafted into the OHL..

what the hell are you talking about?

This is by far the most inane thing I've seen posted today. Faith is not limited to religion. Faith is simply the investment of belief and support in another entity, whether that be a team, a car, or the stock market.. whatever.

I am--though Jewish--very secular. I have "faith" in the Wings, yes: I believe they can win.

And, in conclusion, those people who subscribe to the belief of a higher power(s) can bloody well pray to that deity (or multiple deities) about whatever they please. Why should you care?

amen.

did i say i'm writing them off? no...i'm saying, realistically, if we cant win a game outplaying them, or score a goal for that matter, then how will he.

i don't think u understand how badly i want them to win...it takes a real fan to say this, not some...okay we got bad breaks we'll win next game bulls***.

Outshooting a team doesn't mean we outplayed them. There were times when the Wings looked really bad.

Buddy are you f***ed?! Did I say what I say is gonan happen? NO i didnt so get ur eyes checked I said I said I think it can go 7 games as did most ppl, so it's possible so stop ur whining. and Now I thinked ur even more f***ed like honestly FAITH doesnt always have to do with Religion u moron, and so u know im catholic, but that has s*** 2 do wit it. its called Havin faith ur team will win, or in another term, U believe in ur team that they can win which is what im sayin, believe in them or as i said have faith u dumbass, and lastly who said they excedded every1s expectations?! I knwo many wings fans who ahd expecatations to go this far, I know I did, and im hoping they can go even further, and the season would be much more complete with a stanley cup Win! so anyways this guys a moron, but every1 else im sure knows what i meant by faith, GO WINGS GO!!!

This is some of the lamest bulls*** I've seen all day.

How exactly does having faith that the Wings will win have anything to do with religion? How? I want to know where you get this ridiculous bulls*** assumption you came up. I swear, this is probably the stupidest damn post I've seen all month.

Guest bullocks

Outshooting a team doesn't mean we outplayed them. There were times when the Wings looked really bad.

yah, but for the most part we made them look REALLY average.

Hey, did you guys forget that the 4th win is the hardest win. Mark my words!

All we need is one more WIN. It's not like it hasn't been accomplished before at the pond.

Then the series tied 3-3. One game at a time folks

you've said the same thing when we were up 2-1, 2-2, now 3-2...this is what i mean, some fans are just too optimistic and need a dose of reality. ur right tho, one game is all we need. but one game is all we needed the past two games aswell, and we played our asses off...but havn't won.

Buddy are you f***ed?! Did I say what I say is gonan happen? NO i didnt so get ur eyes checked I said I said I think it can go 7 games as did most ppl, so it's possible so stop ur whining. and Now I thinked ur even more f***ed like honestly FAITH doesnt always have to do with Religion u moron, and so u know im catholic, but that has s*** 2 do wit it. its called Havin faith ur team will win, or in another term, U believe in ur team that they can win which is what im sayin, believe in them or as i said have faith u dumbass, and lastly who said they excedded every1s expectations?! I knwo many wings fans who ahd expecatations to go this far, I know I did, and im hoping they can go even further, and the season would be much more complete with a stanley cup Win! so anyways this guys a moron, but every1 else im sure knows what i meant by faith, GO WINGS GO!!!

...wow, u r k00l dudez! I am far frum whining, g! may-b I mis-n-terprid the faith thing, dog, but don't go n be callin me all dem namez... Save dis sh!t 4 ur warz on myspace... And u bein catholic has nutting to do wit faith. I am not making fun of religion...

...anyway, I didn't say the couldn't do it. If they don't, not one person should feel horrible, because they did far better than they were predicted to do. Just because you had higher expectations than most people, good on ya! You prolly are one of those fans that if the Wings don't win the Cup every year, they had a sucky season..... word to yo mutha

yah, but for the most part we made them look REALLY average.

you've said the same thing when we were up 2-1, 2-2, now 3-2...this is what i mean, some fans are just too optimistic and need a dose of reality. ur right tho, one game is all we need. but one game is all we needed the past two games aswell, and we played our asses off...but havn't won.

So what? They've been damn lucky and it's gonna even out...

...wow, u r k00l dudez! I am far frum whining, g! may-b I mis-n-terprid the faith thing, dog, but don't go n be callin me all dem namez... Save dis sh!t 4 ur warz on myspace... And u bein catholic has nutting to do wit faith. I am not making fun of religion...

...anyway, I didn't say the couldn't do it. If they don't, not one person should feel horrible, because they did far better than they were predicted to do. Just because you had higher expectations than most people, good on ya! You prolly are one of those fans that if the Wings don't win the Cup every year, they had a sucky season..... word to yo mutha

are you drunk? seriously.

Ok, well i love this site and i come here alot but i just joined today. Todays game really sucked to see them play the way they did just to lose. but are we fans if we give up on our team? come on now we cant just give up, we still have tuesday and the wings know they are facing elimination and are going to play like it on tuesday. And we cant just blame lilja for this loss. Besides wasnt he the only one to score for us today? im sure franzen feels like s*** for not clearing the puck, and datsyuk for taking a penalty, and lidstrom for tipping the puck in. but this is a TEAM you cannot blame one person for the loss. Now lets look ahead to tuesday and hunt us some ducks!

GO WINGS!