• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

KronwallCRUNCH

Congrats to the Ducks

Rate this topic

OK they won the series fair and square - so congratulations. I think most of us a big enough to say/sdmit that. The only one I really don't like is Pronger - but he's just a rent-a-duck for their cup run anyways. I've got no problem with Selanne - pretty nice guy, Getzlaf, Giguere - he played great. That was a great WCF - hopefully our young guys will learn from this. These were the two best teams in the West - maybe the NHL - and we came up just short - happens. Let's not trash the Duck fans though - good luck in the finals. I've always kind of liked the Sens, so I'll probably root for them. Plus the fact that this is the third Canadian team in a row that's in the SCF - and I think this is the best one of the three....

Guest DetroitIan

Honestly. I don't think they deserve it. We totally outplayed and outclassed them game after game. And seriously, if it wasn't for that complete luck goal that went off Lidstrom's stick at the end of game 5, we would be having a totally different discussion right now. This series loss erks me in so many ways. All I know is, I got three words for the next week. GO SENS GO.

Randy Carlyle won this series. I honestly think the only reason the Ducks won was because of him. Just think back at how many goals the Ducks scored right on Hasek's doorstep. Neither Calgary or San Jose was willing to do what the Ducks did. We gave up a lot of goals that were dug out from Hasek's snow angel or slipped underneath him. That and bounces (which every Stanley Cup winner needs) was the difference. The Ducks really drove to Hasek and the Wings paid big time. Yes the Wings played very well and this series easily could have been 4-2 Detroit but the difference was very slight.

I think this is why I am not that pissed today about the loss. Plus that 3rd was the best period I think I've ever watched.

I'm full of praise to Carlyle, too. he seems to be a quiet guy making good moves. and is pretty classy in his post game comments, giving credit to the other team and refusing to do piss-poor badmouthing like some other coaches.

I think he made some good moves to contain Wings lines and it paid off. though, I have to admit, Ducks were in better physical shape as the series unfolded and were able to use their youth/skill edge to their advantage. and they brough their A game to seal the deal.

truth being said, we could've won this series if there were more desperation out of the gates in Game 4. maybe it's lack of stamina after playing so much bumpy hockey for those 15 games, maybe it's not as good mental preparation, but we blew that game and it ultimately bit us in the ass.

anyway. my expectation prior to playoffs were that Wings advance past Round 1 and have a strong showing in Round 2. they upped the berth with one series. my heart says we could've been better but the reason is also here to say, those Ducks are one hell of a team and it's no shame to lose the series, even more after 2 pretty physical rounds and missing two crucial defensemen. not too shabby. the effort, willingness, heart and desire to win were there for the Wings. they ultimately failed to advance further, but there's no reason to not be optimistic about our future and proud about this years accomplishments(sp).

looking forward to the next season. a quick look at http://www.nhlnumbers.com/det.html makes me very optimistic about next year. we're in a good position to get back to the winning ways next year.

regwinguofmfan, You are such an intelligent poster :wub:

I guess I'm a little confused because Ottawa killed the Sabres while Ducks migh've comeout the loser of this series. How do you think the Ducks will win. Also...don't you remember all the dirty things the Ducks did? Or is this something that I've made up in my mind? Why do you want the Ducks to do well...you'd want Pronger lifting the Cup...ew.

Thank God I think Ottawa will win.

The Sabres didn't show up - pretty much for most of the playoffs. The Wings could have easliy won the Cup this year too, in fact either of the 3 teams remaining as of last night had/have a good chance. No matter how dirty you think the DUcks are, it doesn't mean they don't have a chance to win. I personally think they take way too many penalties, and later in this series, we did not make them pay for that. I think the Sens will, and that's why I'm picking them. Plus, I'll admit our series took a bigger toll on them than the Sens ECF series. Sens in 6.

Honestly. I don't think they deserve it. We totally outplayed and outclassed them game after game. And seriously, if it wasn't for that complete luck goal that went off Lidstrom's stick at the end of game 5, we would be having a totally different discussion right now. This series loss erks me in so many ways. All I know is, I got three words for the next week. GO SENS GO.

:clap::clap::clap: I totally agree , I couldn't have said it any better. :thumbup:

Losing this series irks me too. But you can't fault the Ducks for taking advantage of our collossal mistake in game 5 - that really sealed the series right there. And also, you have to admit if it wasn't for our lucky goal in game 4 vs the Sharks, we'd be having a different discussion too. It might take a few days to see all of this clearly for many of us, but the Wings will move on...

I remember this Motowice guy came after me before because I was being negative. It's funny how the shoe is on the other foot now.

Call me a homer if you want, I really don't give a damn. The Wings had a great season, and far surpassed everybodys expectations/and or predictions. Most thought this would be a re-building year, others flat out said the Wings would never even make the playoffs. And yet, the Wings still finished first in the West, and made it to the Conference Finals and were only two games away from a trip to the SCF. While it's disappointing that they lost, you can't come on here and call the whole season a wash. The Wings had a great season, and have a lot of building blocks to make next season even better.

Thank you Wings, and Go Sens!

Among all of the "Congrats, Wings! Thanks for a great season!" threads, I see nothing congratulating the team that brought this "great sesaon" to an end. Anaheim DID deserve this series- they won four games, Detroit won two. Giguere played a great series, and Anaheim virtually eliminated Z and Dats on the scoresheet (in ANH) until Game 6, when it was too late anyway.

THIS is what we should be using our congratulations on, not another series blown by our boys in red and white. I won't be cheering for Anaheim in the finals, but certainly commend them for playing a great series against the Wings.

your crazy dude , the ducks didnt deserve to win , if they did id admit it , id rather of seen san jose in the finals going for the cup then the ducks

Losing this series irks me too. But you can't fault the Ducks for taking advantage of our collossal mistake in game 5 - that really sealed the series right there. And also, you have to admit if it wasn't for our lucky goal in game 4 vs the Sharks, we'd be having a different discussion too. It might take a few days to see all of this clearly for many of us, but the Wings will move on...

Which colossal mistake are you referring to (serious question)?

Which colossal mistake are you referring to (serious question)?

Probably turning the puck over to Selanne in front of our goal (no blame on Lilja - team takes the blame imo). Second, not clearing the zone on the tying goal, taking a penalty with under a min left (no blame on Franzen or Dats). But we made big mistakes the last part of game 5 that cost us the series - I just don't agree that the Ducks didn't deserve that win - they lingered like we did vs San Jose and benefited from it. Did the Wings deserve to win that game? Yes - but you have to earn what you deserve and they didn't do it. Ask that of any of our last three playoff squads...

Maybe it's just this thread but I thought there were a lot more posters in this forum with class and respect for other posters, but apparently that's only after a Wings victory. I thought I had found a place to talk Hockey with other Hockey fans but I guess loyalty is blinding. The Red Wings are and will always be one of the most exciting teams to watch in the NHL, but I just don't understand the bashing of not only the Ducks as a team but apparently all of So Cal as an iggnorant bunch of hockey morons. Saying the Ducks are dirty and the refs are always on our side. I was at every game this year at The Honda Center including all of this series, you guys are nuts if you think we got all of the calls. The ref's did everything they could help to the Wings finsh off that last game. Maybe Versus doesn't show enough of the game away from the puck, but the calls were not anywhere near as one sided as a lot of the people on this board claim. Say what you want but the ducks line of Penner, Perry and Getzlaf dominated when they were on the ice, it always looked like a power play and they controlled it in the attacking zone at will. There are alot of goals we didn't capitalize on too, and that could have made it a different series. Tha fact is that its not a different series, this is what we get. The best skilled team may not have won, I'm not blind, I can see the Wings have more skill, but heart and resilience when your being out played may not show up on the tally sheets, but it sure can win one game at a time. Congrats to the Wings on another great season finishing at the top of the West and getting as far as they did and making it fun. Congrats and thanks to the Ducks for getting us to the cup, already have tix for all home games and can't wait cheer my team on through the cup.

your crazy dude , the ducks didnt deserve to win , if they did id admit it , id rather of seen san jose in the finals going for the cup then the ducks

I'm kind of partial to the Sharks myself. I'd be curious why you don't think the Ducks deserved to win the series though: you have to win 4 games no matter how ugly (or pretty) and they did. We did NOT capitalize on our opportunities.

The only way I would say they didn't deserve to win, is if we find out Homer was hurt alot more than they let on. If he did get a concussion (which I doubt because they would never let him play) or has a lingering head injury that took him out of the series - than I would have a big issue with "deserve". Otherwise, it is what it is, a 4-2 win for the Ducks, much to my dismay.

Lilja's turnover I imagine.

If that was actually a serious question. :P

it was. There was another mistake before that one I was thinking of. :unsure: I don't blame Lilja, by the way, although it was pivotal in the series, no doubt.

Maybe it's just this thread but I thought there were a lot more posters in this forum with class and respect for other posters, but apparently that's only after a Wings victory. I thought I had found a place to talk Hockey with other Hockey fans but I guess loyalty is blinding. The Red Wings are and will always be one of the most exciting teams to watch in the NHL, but I just don't understand the bashing of not only the Ducks as a team but apparently all of So Cal as an iggnorant bunch of hockey morons. Saying the Ducks are dirty and the refs are always on our side. I was at every game this year at The Honda Center including all of this series, you guys are nuts if you think we got all of the calls. The ref's did everything they could help to the Wings finsh off that last game. Maybe Versus doesn't show enough of the game away from the puck, but the calls were not anywhere near as one sided as a lot of the people on this board claim. Say what you want but the ducks line of Penner, Perry and Getzlaf dominated when they were on the ice, it always looked like a power play and they controlled it in the attacking zone at will. There are alot of goals we didn't capitalize on too, and that could have made it a different series. Tha fact is that its not a different series, this is what we get. The best skilled team may not have won, I'm not blind, I can see the Wings have more skill, but heart and resilience when your being out played may not show up on the tally sheets, but it sure can win one game at a time. Congrats to the Wings on another great season finishing at the top of the West and getting as far as they did and making it fun. Congrats and thanks to the Ducks for getting us to the cup, already have tix for all home games and can't wait cheer my team on through the cup.

Most of us aren't doing that. There are always a few bitter ones after losing a series (have to say I checked out your boards after the Pronger suspension and there were some bitter folks there too - saying some nasty things I can't repeat). You guys won - congrats. That was a great entertaining series - if hockey showcased that product, we wouldn't be in the basement of sports popularity. My suggestion, give it a few days for some people to calm down (most of us are) - come back and talk hockey all you want and don't take the comments of a few personally. This is what you get on a Wings board after a series loss....

Guest Agalloch

The Wings outplayed the Ducks in four games. The Ducks outplayed the Wings in two. I'm not going to congratulate them when they really shouldn't have won.

It's almost embarrasing to be a red wings fan after reading this thread. Honestly...

The Red Wings were outplayed and lost a series. Everyone keeps talking about how dirty the Ducks were. Outside of the Holmstrom hit (a suspension was given by the way).... I found this series to be cleaner than Calgary and not as charged as the San Jose series. I think after a few days people will see this in a different light. I know it stings now but the Red Wings didn't get it done.

Oh? And what about how you Ducks fans acted towards us when the series started?

I love how you guys think we are all such villinous bastards, when really, it was the Ducks fans that started this whole thing. We never really got into it with Sharks fans (minus Samadelphia), as they were great people that didn't come on here and post stupid s*** like DUKS IN THREE3!!!!!!!!!!11!!!!!!!111!!!!!!!!!!!!1.

Divac: You seem like an ok guy, so don't take what I said personal. But still though, I am explaining the situation, and the situation is that the majority of Ducks fans are plain jerkoffs. Before assumptions are made about Wings fans being bad people, take a look at the Ducks fans first.

The problem is all Ducks fans are lumped into one category. Most people don't take opposing team's fans on a post-by-post basis. Some were trolls and were dealt with. Others have been nothing but polite, yet are being painted with the same brush as the trolls. People are individuals and should be judged as such.

The Wings outplayed the Ducks in four games. The Ducks outplayed the Wings in two. I'm not going to congratulate them when they really shouldn't have won.

But they did win.

The Wings may have "outplayed" the Ducks for the majority of some games, but they couldn't make the scoreboard reflect that means maybe they weren't the better team. Good teams can dominate, but they can also win ugly. The Wings did it several times in this playoffs, and now Anaheim found a way to do it to them.

The problem is all Ducks fans are lumped into one category. Most people don't take opposing team's fans on a post-by-post basis. Some were trolls and were dealt with. Others have been nothing but polite, yet are being painted with the same brush as the trolls. People are individuals and should be judged as such.

I'll admit to being guilty of that.

I just expect the expected. It isn't right, I know. Now that the series is over though, it shouldn't be an issue anymore.

I love how you guys think we are all such villinous bastards, when really, it was the Ducks fans that started this whole thing. We never really got into it with Sharks fans (minus Samadelphia), as they were great people that didn't come on here and post stupid s*** like DUKS IN THREE3!!!!!!!!!!11!!!!!!!111!!!!!!!!!!!!1.

Divac: You seem like an ok guy, so don't take what I said personal. But still though, I am explaining the situation, and the situation is that the majority of Ducks fans are plain jerkoffs. Before assumptions are made about Wings fans being bad people, take a look at the Ducks fans first.

I came to this site because the All Ducks site isn't all that great when it comes to general hockey knowledge, they know their Ducks info but there is quite a bit of tunnelvision over there. We have young fans ( and old walking hockey encylopedias as well) but for the most part the fans around here started when Gretzky came to Cali. Our in house hockey program when I was a kid before Gretzky came, had the same 15 kids give or take few new ones every year from pee wee until I was a bantam. Now we have 10 times the rinks and 10 times the hockey players and now 10 times the fans and are competitive nationally. It's getting better out here. Beating the Wings is a very big deal to fans of other teams, they are looked at as uncrowned champs almost every year. I was Hockey fan before The Ducks came into existance so maybe that's the difference, but they are my hometown team and have been behind them since the start. I never even registered on our site because there was no reason. I will take what you guys have said let it cool down and come back to talk some Hockey with you guys. I read a lot and post when I can contribute to conversation, not just to talk s***. And luckily the Kings suck the last couple years, talk about Jerkoffs, they are the Raider Fans of the NHL, hopefully we don't have to deal with them.

For the record i forget about all of you and ducks fans when i go home at night. Its been a pleasure discussing this series with you guys. The majority of duck fans are not jerkoffs and neither are the wings fans.

For the record i forget about all of you and ducks fans when i go home at night. Its been a pleasure discussing this series with you guys. The majority of duck fans are not jerkoffs and neither are the wings fans.

When the series started, there were plenty.

Their not here anymore, thank God. It just irks me thinking about them. That, and I'm still mad my Red Wings lost. I'll get over it though.