• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

DBR

Kozzie a Wing again?

Rate this topic

Kozlov WAS cheap...we don't know if he will continue to be so. If he is, I'd totally like to see him back. I don't see why his age really matters as long as he can get it done NOW. Honestly, we have the ability to win NOW...we don't know about 2 or 3 years down the road.

When did I ever mention age as an issue?

I have mixed feelings on Federov but I do believed that Kozzie woud be a good fit for 2 reasons he knows the system , and was a great playoff performer , now for Sergi he would be good on the point on the power play in stead of Sammy, has great playoff numbers good size but he left on his own from Detroit and Kozzie was traded for Dom. I would realy have to think about Sergi

Sorry had a brain fart

Well Kozzie would be a good fit. Ozzie is already a Wing. ;)

Kozzie was traded for Dom, Ozzie was put on waivers and picked by the Isles.

sorry had a brain fart :P

Guest ZDH

Now I don't intend to single you out personally, but this question is for the entire forum...

Are all you guys/gals 20 yrs old or younger?

Does anyone here remember Kozzie's decline/indifferent play/laziness, & how Bowman benched him/gave him numerous opportunities to redeem himself which he never did, & it led to him being traded for Hasek?

Guess not...

:crazy:

Yes I recall Kozzie being a very streaky player. It was so bad Fedorov had to remind him to wear his pants most days.

While he was streaky as hell (8 goals in 2 weeks then 1 in 2 months it seemed) what I recall is all the clutch playoff goals he scored. Some were OT winners. Those tend to stick out in my brain as I recall the Red Wings' Glory Days of 1993-2002.

Now I don't intend to single you out personally, but this question is for the entire forum...

Does anyone here remember Kozzie's decline/indifferent play/laziness, & how Bowman benched him/gave him numerous opportunities to redeem himself which he never did, & it led to him being traded for Hasek?

Guess not...

I remember Kozzie being let go FOR DOMINIK HASEK.

And I remember him then being good on Atlanta. I also remember him being very good in the playoffs, here.

Yeah, well good luck actually getting Fedorov to play with passion.

I'm not overrating Hartnell. The guy has the potential to be a 30 goal scorer, and plays with grit and an edge. He might not be a 100 point scorer like Fedorov *used to be, but at this point in time, he can be no worse then Fedorov.

I can't believe the amount of people here that are in favor of getting Fedorov back. Sure, maybe when he's a free agent and dirt ass cheap, but not a f-ing 6 million a year contract. I'm sorry, but due to Fedorovs old age and lack of desire to win, he won't get the welcome mat from me.

Look at Lidstrom. He's still the best defenseman in the league at 37. Him and Fedorov have so much talent they can still dominate. If Fedorov were to come back here, I think it would ignite his game. If you have a Fedorov playing with passion, he's better than Hartnell could ever dream to be.

No one is saying the Wings should get Fedorov right now. There's no way I'd want the Wings to take on that $6 million either. He'd be an excellent deadline acquisition though.

Guess not...

If anything, the fact that they got Hasek (who had just won another Vezina) in exchange for only Kozlov and a 1st rounder shows how valuable Slava was at the time.

And no I'm not 20 years old or younger.

As I said earlier, I always liked Kozlov. Streaky, but clutch in the playoffs. He's not really what the Wings need right now though.

Guest Agalloch

LOL @ the idea of bringing Kozlov or Fedorov back. If this ever happens, we'll be wondering what happened after more early round exits in the playoffs. Can people here PLEASE move on? Everyone here wants McCarty, Lapointe, Shanny, Fedorov, Kozlov, Yzerman, EVERYONE from the old teams back. That's dumb, and it would do nothing but provide more disappoint if any of these guys came back.

There are younger, better players on the team that deserve the playing time over guys like Kozlov. Filppula ring any bells?

I would celebrate the return of both!

LOL @ the idea of bringing Kozlov or Fedorov back. If this ever happens, we'll be wondering what happened after more early round exits in the playoffs. Can people here PLEASE move on? Everyone here wants McCarty, Lapointe, Shanny, Fedorov, Kozlov, Yzerman, EVERYONE from the old teams back. That's dumb, and it would do nothing but provide more disappoint if any of these guys came back.

There are younger, better players on the team that deserve the playing time over guys like Kozlov. Filppula ring any bells?

I'll agree and disagree. It absolutely isnt' fair to make your agruement grouping all of those players together. They aren't all the same in where they are at, and you of all people should know this. Yzerman isn't coming back, I would say no to McCarty, and Lapointe. But players like Feds and Koz could be very helpful to this team. Were you one of those guys saying this same thing to bringing back Hasek? Kozzy could have the same effect. He could come back and prove why he is who he is.... and I for one, would be okay with that.

I don't want McCarty, Lapointe, or Yzerman back.

I really want Fedorov back, and I would certainly also take Kozlov.

Seriously. Let go of the "you just want to bring back the past" argument. It's dead.

I know Feds would be a deal in Feb. without a doubt. Slava's still a question mark to me.. and that's because I think it could be a liability for us to not grab a grittier and skilled guy, similar to harold. It also could not, but we may need something else more.

Edited by Flip-check

Guest Agalloch

I would celebrate the return of both!

I'll agree and disagree. It absolutely isnt' fair to make your agruement grouping all of those players together. They aren't all the same in where they are at, and you of all people should know this. Yzerman isn't coming back, I would say no to McCarty, and Lapointe. But players like Feds and Koz could be very helpful to this team. Were you one of those guys saying this same thing to bringing back Hasek? Kozzy could have the same effect. He could come back and prove why he is who he is.... and I for one, would be okay with that.

I wasn't even on this site before this season. As for Hasek, I was hoping to get Luongo, but that obviously didn't work out. After seeing the remaining choices, yes, I did want Hasek back, because everyone knows he's still an elite goaltender. He was an injury risk, and that's the only reason teams weren't all over him. Plus, it was him or Belfour...

Everyone is going to have their own opinion, but Kozlov collected a ton of points from playing with Hossa and Kovalchuk. He played with them a lot, 'ya know. If you want to go after someone similar that's a bit risky, then I'd go after Fedotenko or something. Kozlov, and especially Fedorov, will make me throw up if we get them once again. They'd take away time from Hudler, Filppula, and other young players, and we have a ton of players similar to them already.

Seriously. Let go of the "you just want to bring back the past" argument. It's dead.

I know Feds would be a deal in Feb. without a doubt. Slava's still a question mark to me.. but that's because I think it could be a liability for us to not grab a grittier and skilled guy. It also could not.

No, that's bulls***, people here are still clearly living in the past. Have you been around to see the dozens of "SHANAHAN TO RETURN TO DETROIT?!" threads? What about, you know, this one? Everyone now wants Fedorov and Kozlov back because they want to revert to the old teams. How is the argument dead? You don't win championships by reuniting a bunch of old, washed up players that are fan favorites.

Edited by Agalloch

I'm not saying I want Shanny back...because I don't. But let's not kid ourselves on that one. He wouldn't be a detriment to the team.

We're not talking about bringing back just any players...we're talking about bringing back Fedorov and Kozlov (Fedorov OR Kozlov, even), and they would help us in the playoffs, no doubt.

Two answers: 1) No, it's not. 2) Yes, I have.

No one wants Feds and Kozlov back because they were part of the old teams. We say they are valuable because they are valuable. Not because we are irrational, sentimental critics of hockey.

I wouldn't say Kozlov is at all washed up.... unless you think that opinion is valid regardless of facts and his point production with the Thrashers.

Edited by Flip-check

Guest Agalloch

I think Shanahan would be a detriment to the team. His last couple playoff years with the Wings showed that. He's a floater now, and is only valuable on the PP.

And Kozlov is washed up. Maybe you missed the part about him playing with Hossa and Kovalchuk, Flip? Come on, Lang could score eighty points playing a lot with those two.

Also, anyone that's saying Kozlov will help in the playoffs: How exactly? He's tiny, and hasn't scored since, what, four years ago or something like that? He didn't even record a point this year in the thrashing that Atlanta took. Fedorov hasn't even been in the playoffs for a couple years, so I'm not going to say anything about that, but I don't see how he'd help at all either. He's past his prime, and if people want to use the "HE'S JUST NOT MOTIVATED!" argument, then he'd just become Robert Lang 2.0.

Edited by Agalloch

Guest ZDH

I wasn't even on this site before this season. As for Hasek, I was hoping to get Luongo, but that obviously didn't work out. After seeing the remaining choices, yes, I did want Hasek back, because everyone knows he's still an elite goaltender. He was an injury risk, and that's the only reason teams weren't all over him. Plus, it was him or Belfour...

Everyone is going to have their own opinion, but Kozlov collected a ton of points from playing with Hossa and Kovalchuk. He played with them a lot, 'ya know. If you want to go after someone similar that's a bit risky, then I'd go after Fedotenko or something. Kozlov, and especially Fedorov, will make me throw up if we get them once again. They'd take away time from Hudler, Filppula, and other young players, and we have a ton of players similar to them already.

No, that's bulls***, people here are still clearly living in the past. Have you been around to see the dozens of "SHANAHAN TO RETURN TO DETROIT?!" threads? What about, you know, this one? Everyone now wants Fedorov and Kozlov back because they want to revert to the old teams. How is the argument dead? You don't win championships by reuniting a bunch of old, washed up players that are fan favorites.

You're wrong and here's why...

Filppula is a 2nd line player for the Wings now. The only thing is whether he plays at centre, or as a winger on the 1st or 2nd line. It all depends if Babs splits up Dats and Z.

For argument's sake lets assume we pick up Fedorov at the trade deadline. So we have some options here.

A. Feds can centre the 2nd line with Flip on the wing.

B. Feds can play wing and Flip can be the centre on this line

C. Feds can play with Dats and Z on the first line while Flip is the 2nd line centre

There likely some other options as well yet I digress...

You don't like Fedorov, fine. But alot of us here do. So quit crying like a little baby because we still think Fedorov can still serve a useful purpose on this team.

If you're going to throw up, then get a BARF BAG. What does that have to do with the Wings winning a Cup?

So you know what it takes to win a Cup do ya? Are you coaching in the NHL? Are you a player in the NHL? Are you Manny Legace? Maybe you should go hang yourself if the Wings get Fedorov at the deadline. Maybe you will cheer up a little. Want some more pis to go with your corn flakes?

And why do you insist on saying "everyone" and generalize all Red Wings fans together as having the same opinion?

I wouldn't mind seeing both Fedorov and Kozlov back on the Wings. Not because I want to create 1997 all over again. But because I think both could serve a role with a Cup contending team.

I would sooner have Feds back more than Kozzie. I want to see how Flip does this season though. He is developing very nicely. However young players sometimes take a step back in their sophomore season.

Relax. None of us are Ken Holland. And odds are neither Feds or Kozzie will be coming back to the Wings. However, some fans like the idea and are discussing it. Nothing wrong with that.

Edited by ZDH

Guest Agalloch

You're wrong and here's why...

Filppula is a 2nd line player for the Wings now. The only thing is whether he plays at centre, or as a winger on the 1st or 2nd line. It all depends if Babs splits up Dats and Z.

For argument's sake lets assume we pick up Fedorov at the trade deadline. So we have some options here.

A. Feds can centre the 2nd line with Flip on the wing.

B. Feds can play wing and Flip can be the centre on this line

C. Feds can play with Dats and Z on the first line while Flip is the 2nd line centre

There likely some other options as well yet I digress...

You don't like Fedorov, fine. But alot of us here do. So quit crying like a little baby because we still think Fedorov can still serve a useful purpose on this team.

If you're going to throw up, then get a BARF BAG. What does that have to do with the Wings winning a Cup?

So you know what it takes to win a Cup do ya? Are you coaching in the NHL? Are you a player in the NHL? Are you Manny Legace? Maybe you should go hang yourself if the Wings get Fedorov at the deadline. Maybe you will cheer up a little. Want some more pis to go with your corn flakes?

And why do you insist on saying "everyone" and generalize all Red Wings fans together as having the same opinion?

I wouldn't mind seeing both Fedorov and Kozlov back on the Wings. Not because I want to create 1997 all over again. But because I think both could serve a role with a Cup contending team.

I would sooner have Feds back more than Kozzie. I want to see how Flip does this season though. He is developing very nicely. However young players sometimes take a step back in their sophomore season.

Relax. None of us are Ken Holland. And odds are neither Feds or Kozzie will be coming back to the Wings. However, some fans like the idea and are discussing it. Nothing wrong with that.

I like Fedorov. There's a difference between liking a player and wanting his washed-up ass on the team. And you say we need a second line center, hey, guess what? We can get someone else! Someone better! Wow!

I won't even respond to the middle of your post, since it's a bunch of useless garbage that I think is trying to insult me, though I'm unsure.

Guest ZDH

I like Fedorov. There's a difference between liking a player and wanting his washed-up ass on the team. And you say we need a second line center, hey, guess what? We can get someone else! Someone better! Wow!

I won't even respond to the middle of your post, since it's a bunch of useless garbage that I think is trying to insult me, though I'm unsure.

I think you should do us all a favour and bow out now before you make yourself look even more dumb. Plus your anger over such silly matters tells me you either have a serious case of blue balls or that you were toilet trained too early. Maybe both?

Edited by ZDH

Guest Agalloch

I think you are one of those guys who posters lose hockey knowledge reading. I mean when its' all said and done, you really say nothing but useless crap.

So basically, you have no response to my numerous facts that I posted. That's nice. Go associate yourself with someone else, because you obviously can't even keep up with what I'm talking about.

Kozlov: Old and washed up, product of Hossa and Kovalchuk, hasn't scored in the playoffs in years. Bottom line right there.

The thing of it is this: whether a free agent once played for us, or they didn't they are a free agent. Disregard Feds here, because I am not talking about him. Koz was once a redwing, we need to get over that. He is a free agent and a quality player. It is one thing to say that wings fans need to stop living in the past, and yes this may be true, but to suggest that wanting Koz back is a bad idea because of it.... this argument doesn't work. Kozzy isn't that old, he isn't washed up. He is just as old and washed up as Cheli and Hasek, and while I am not comparing him to them in level of skill, I am saying that you are simply wrong to disregard a free agent because of a team he once played for.

Guest Agalloch

I think you are one of those guys who posters lose hockey knowledge reading. I mean when its' all said and done, you really say nothing but useless crap.

I think you should do us all a favour and bow out now before you make yourself look even more dumb. Plus your anger over such silly matters tells me you either have a serious case of blue balls or that you were toilet trained too early at birth. Maybe both?

LOL buddy, you say I'm angry? You're the one that doesn't even respond to all the hockey facts that I post, you instead try to insult me by telling me I should hang myself. See a psychiatrist. You need it.

The thing of it is this: whether a free agent once played for us, or they didn't they are a free agent. Disregard Feds here, because I am not talking about him. Koz was once a redwing, we need to get over that. He is a free agent and a quality player. It is one thing to say that wings fans need to stop living in the past, and yes this may be true, but to suggest that wanting Koz back is a bad idea because of it.... this argument doesn't work. Kozzy isn't that old, he isn't washed up. He is just as old and washed up as Cheli and Hasek, and while I am not comparing him to them in level of skill, I am saying that you are simply wrong to disregard a free agent because of a team he once played for.

I'm not saying this just because he used to play for the Red Wings. I'm also not denying that he's still a good player. I'm saying that his point production are blown up because of who he played with, and he's simply not what the Wings need. He hasn't scored in the playoffs in years, and is undersized. Two things the Wings are trying to rid themselves of.

LOL buddy, you say I'm angry? You're the one that doesn't even respond to all the hockey facts that I post, you instead try to insult me by telling me I should hang myself. See a psychiatrist. You need it.

If you just told him to go associate with someone else, stop fueling him on. I think both of you are being silly at this point. Stop attacking eachother, and please get back to the point. I just want to talk Kozlov.... not throw insults.

Guest ZDH

So basically, you have no response to my numerous facts that I posted. That's nice. Go associate yourself with someone else, because you obviously can't even keep up with what I'm talking about.

Kozlov: Old and washed up, product of Hossa and Kovalchuk, hasn't scored in the playoffs in years. Bottom line right there.

YAWN. Can someone please buy this guy a clue? Have you read ANY of this thread? Do I need to copy and paste everything I've said? Nah not for you. Go back and read it. Why am I arguing with an idiot?

Edited by ZDH