• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

DBR

Kozzie a Wing again?

Rate this topic

Guest ZDH

Thank God some people in here are realist for once. Crymson, you win the LGW Conn Smyth in this topic, at least you should. :P

I'm tired of all the nostalgia bulls*** that goes on here. Kozlov I really don't have a problem with returning, but Fedorov I do. Watching him play with Columbus is just disgusting. He phones it in out there more than Alexei Yashin.

Now, before you give me the speech of "HE PLAYS ON A BAD TEAM!!!!!!!!!!111 FEDS RULZ!!!!!!!!!11" and all this other s***, consider this. I don't see some of the other guys on Columbus play as lazy and show no effort like Fedorov does. And they all make less money! The man is just playing out his years, that's it. He shows no desire to win at all, and I highly doubt he would if he came back here either. He's just as guilty as Lang.

In closing I leave you this: Nostalgia does not win Cups, and neither does Sergei Fedorov. It's only conincedence that we haven't won a Cup since he left. Besides that, we didn't win every season he was here either. We both won and lost with Fedorov, and we can still win without him. I don't want him back.

What exactly DOES win Cups? I mean you seem to know and the rest of us don't. Care to enlighten us Mr. Bowman? I've followed the game for 26 years now but I have no idea what it takes for a team to win the Cup. Only you do. Please tell me.

Cleary is a natural LW.

Before you say it, Franzen is indeed listed as a C, but plays as anything but.

Kozlov knew the system the Wings played six years ago, under Bowman. Does Babcock's system look anything alike? No. People must understand that the team has changed in the last six years.

As Kozlov has played only four playoff games since leaving the Red Wings--all of them this year, and all of them without a point scored--I daresay he cannot be called a veritable playoff performer at this point.

i hate the guy but pronger was considered a playoff flop in st louis now he takes two different teams to the finals remeber yzerman could not wi the big one

What exactly DOES win Cups? I mean you seem to know and the rest of us don't. Care to enlighten us Mr. Bowman? I've followed the game for 26 years now but I have no idea what it takes for a team to win the Cup. Only you do. Please tell me.

so the wings should not have brought back ozzie or dom then huh

Guest ZDH

i hate the guy but pronger was considered a playoff flop in st louis now he takes two different teams to the finals remeber yzerman could not wi the big one

so the wings should not have brought back ozzie or dom then huh

When did I say this? Oh yeah I didn't. Never mind the fact that in half my threads I mention how big of a Hasek fan I am. What are you talking about?

When did I say this? Oh yeah I didn't. Never mind the fact that in half my threads I mention how big of a Hasek fan I am. What are you talking about?

my point is that a lot of people did not want to bring back dom me included but sometimes the guy might fit like maybe kozzie playing wing with bertuzzi and z centering

ps no disrespect

Guest ZDH

my point is that a lot of people did not want to bring back dom me included but sometimes the guy might fit like maybe kozzie playing wing with bertuzzi and z centering

ps no disrespect

Well you never know how a player will fit in with a certain team. It can go one of 3 ways...

1. He makes little to no impact and he is just there. Like Whitney with the Wings.

2. He plays very well and becomes a main cog. Like Chelios with the Wings.

3. He stinks and needs to get the heck out. Like Kariya and Selanne with the Avs.

Look at Steve Duchesne. We signed him and Wings fans hated his guts. He was the LANG back then. But he really played a key part in the Wings winning a Cup in 2002.

Well you never know how a player will fit in with a certain team. It can go one of 3 ways...

1. He makes little to no impact and he is just there. Like Whitney with the Wings.

3. He stinks and needs to get the heck out. Like Kariya and Selanne with the Avs.

Look at Steve Duchesne. We signed him and Wings fans hated his guts. He was the LANG back then. But he really played a key part in the Wings winning a Cup in 2002.

here is another example the wings got two players at the deadline in 98 everyone hated macoun and loved mironov but the fact is macoun played better in the playoffs also look at larry murphy they booed him all the time in toronto in 97 then he wins a cup as our top line defenseman

Guest ZDH

here is another example the wings got two players at the deadline in 98 everyone hated macoun and loved mironov but the fact is macoun played better in the playoffs also look at larry murphy they booed him all the time in toronto in 97 then he wins a cup as our top line defenseman

Exactly. I loved when they got Murphy. I live about 3 hours from Toronto and see all the Leafs games. He was made a scapegoat much like Lang was here. They wanted Murph to be a physical dman and that just was not his game. Leafs fans would likely boo Nick as well they are so dumb. Murph was awesome for us in both the '97 and '98 Cup runs.

Anyway yeah I recall that '98 trade deadline. Mironov was acquired from the Ducks and we were happy. But he gave the puck away late in a game vs St. Louis in the 1st round and Bowman benched him and replaced him with Eriksson the rest of the way. Macoun played on the 3rd pair with Bob Rouse and played great for us.

^ Macoun, & Rouse were great together; had chemistry when they played together in T.O.

Macoun was a sneaky/dirty sob :D - I'll never forget how Macoun levelled poor Modano as he was skating up the ice - looking behind him for a quick break-out pass when Macoun crosschecked him @ the nipple-line (right across his chest, but under the shoulder pads) sending an unsuspecting Modano crashing onto his backside - nearly in tears :D

how abou this

lidsrom/lilja

chelios/staurt

schineidder/kronwall

quincey

Guest ZDH

how abou this

lidsrom/lilja

chelios/staurt

schineidder/kronwall

quincey

Very nice blueline there. However it would likely cost about $20 million at least. LOL

Guest ZDH

Where's Lebda :lol:

I could see Holland trying to move Lilja if we were lucky enough to land both Schneider, & Stuart.

Ok so lets play Fantasy Land GM pretending there is no Cap....LOL

Zetterberg/Datsyuk/Holmstrom

Bertuzzi/Filppula/Hartnell

Maltby/Draper/Cleary

Pyatt/Franzen/Mair

Grigorenko/Kopecky

Lidstrom/Stuart

Schneider/Kronwall

Lebda/Chelios

Quincey

Hasek/Osgood

Edited by ZDH

Guest ZDH

:thumbup:

And don't forget Holland will bring in Nathan Horton for a box of stale donuts :lol:

Tim Horton's donuts?

I would also like to add a new number 4.... He "Calders" it up (playing really good in the remaining regular season and something happens and mysteriously disappears in the playoffs"

Obviously BIGGER wins cups... All we need to do is keep up our streak and get a BIGGER 'tender.

As Kozlov has played only four playoff games since leaving the Red Wings--all of them this year, and all of them without a point scored--I daresay he cannot be called a veritable playoff performer at this point.

That is not his fault that he was sent to the horrible Buffalo Sabres (whom didn't make the playoffs) and then the even worse thrashers who made the playoffs for the first time in their 7 season history of the franchise last season. They looked horrific. You say the pretty forsure when all you are doing is speculating about him no longer being a playoff performer. As I said, all of our guys except Lids had a 4 game slump where they didn't record points and were negative... If Kozlov was able to appear in more games this post season I dare say he would score more goals also.. much like Zetterberg did this post season after not showing up on the score board in 4 straight.

But if 4 games without a point and in the negative gets you the "no longer a playoff performer" then I am glad to see that Dany "killer" Heatley will be given this abundant title in 2 games if he continues down this current path.

Does Marian Hossa (leading his previous team in Playoff points the previous seasons, but only recording 1assist and also a -6 since leaving the senators) get awarded the same "No longer a Playoff Performer" trophy as well?

I have been to a few Trashers games this year and he looked good, I remember telling my wife in December it would be nice to get him back in a winged-wheel sweater. Whenever Ilya and Kozlov played on the same line they looked awesome. Thats why, I think Kozlov would be a nice compliment to Dats (Russian Connection).

:edit sp

If Slava comes at a good price, I think it's a good thing. He was always great in the playoffs and a role player who could produce. He may be a bit older now but keep a short contract and it could work out well.

As for Fedorov, the Wings need to move on. Sergei never should have left, he still has some left in the tank, but I think it would be in the Wings best interest to explore new options. And I'm not one of the people who boos him, I appreciate what he did for us.

For a guy that's been here for a grand total of 6 days, you act like you own the place. Stop being such a dick.

I'm not pretending to be a coach on here. Just because I don't want Fedorov back, that makes it look like I am? What do you want me to say? Come out totally lying and say he'd be a good fit here just to agree with you?

The Wings need to move on. Fedorov, at this stage in his career, won't help much.

Guest ZDH

For a guy that's been here for a grand total of 6 days, you act like you own the place. Stop being such a dick.

I'm not pretending to be a coach on here. Just because I don't want Fedorov back, that makes it look like I am? What do you want me to say? Come out totally lying and say he'd be a good fit here just to agree with you?

The Wings need to move on. Fedorov, at this stage in his career, won't help much.

I always enjoy the holier than now posters who point to how long a person has been on a message board. Take your own advice guy. I'm simple. You're respectful to me, I am respectful to you. YOu go after me, I go after you. You're just mad because I will defend myself when I am insulted. If you dish it out then take it.

I don't care if you don't like Fedorov. But you act as if people are dumb for wanting him back. That is insulting. You could have said I don't want Fedorov back. Fine. End it there. No need to make people feel stupid for wanting Fedorov back.

ZDH - seriously, you're wearing out your welcome awfully fast.

talk hockey, leave the insults to people who are looking to get suspended/banned.

I regret nothing. Again. You insult me, I insult you. *** for tat. If you don't want me to insult you then don't go out of your way to insult me. That's all I ask.

Edited by ZDH

I always enjoy the holier than now posters who point to how long a person has been on a message board. Take your own advice guy. I'm simple. You're respectful to me, I am respectful to you. YOu go after me, I go after you. You're just mad because I will defend myself when I am insulted. If you dish it out then take it.

I don't care if you don't like Fedorov. But you act as if people are dumb for wanting him back. That is insulting. You could have said I don't want Fedorov back. Fine. End it there. No need to make people feel stupid for wanting Fedorov back.

I regret nothing. Again. You insult me, I insult you. *** for tat. If you don't want me to insult you then don't go out of your way to insult me. That's all I ask.

Just chill out dude. Almost every one of your posts are filled with insults directed at fellow board members unnecessarily......thats not cool. Talk hockey, and stop getting so butt-hurt every time someone has a different opinion than you.

Edited by ShanahanMan

Guest ZDH

Just chill out dude. Almost every one of your posts are filled with insults directed at fellow board members, thats not cool. Talk hockey, and stop getting so butt-hurt every time someone has a different opinion than you.

How about you take your own advice and stop trying to pick fights?

How about you take your own advice and stop trying to pick fights?

Not looking for a fight, especially over the internet. I just get quite annoyed when I see buds on the board get repeatedly insulted for no reason whatsoever.

Guest ZDH

Not looking for a fight, especially over the internet. I just get quite annoyed when I see buds on the board get repeatedly insulted for no reason whatsoever.

I have no wish to fight with anyone, however, I will never back down from one that is for sure.

And Michael, I have also enjoyed posting with you. THanks for the kind words.

Guest Agalloch

Nice to see Kp, Crymson, spydr, and Shanahan agree with me. The guy has been an absolute douchebag so far, and doesn't even talk hockey -- he's more interested in saying that your opinion doesn't matter, and that you're a moron or something to that effect.

Thankfully, the ignore user feature came to the rescue.

Edited by Agalloch