• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

raasc1dj

Nicklas Lidstrom

Rate this topic

Do you believe that Nick Lidstrom is fit to be the Redwings captain?

I personally believe he is... i mean, he is no Steve Yzerman. No one is or will ever be but he is still good!

Yes I think that he is fit to be the captain. No one could ever take Yzermans place, but he has been doing a good job of it. There wasnt anyone else I thought of after Steve Yzerman retired than Lidstrom to lead the Wings

I don't exactly see what he is doing wrong... He doesn't need to be impeached or anything :)

Could he have tried to motivate the guys a bit more starting elimination game 6 so they they wouldn't choke out a 3-0 deficit so early.... Sure. But who is to say he didn't do something and it fell on deaf ears until the final 8 mins...

Guest Shoreline

For a while I thought Fedorov would have been the next Captain. Maybe he would have been if he didn't run off to the Ducks.

Regardless, Nick is the next best possible captain to the Captain, himself. There isn't anyone else playing now I'd rather have captain any team than Lids. Even better that he's on our team.

Yes, I strongly agree that the greatest D man ever to play the game and the Wings best player the last decade deserves to wear the C.

When Stevie Y retired and there was a lot of talk about who should be the next Captain , I thaught that the best choice for the long term would be Zetts. Then I had a re-think and realised that the Wings couldn't overlook Lids . He might not be a vocal Captain , but he leads by example and provides the Wings with a role model type captain that has most certainly steadied the ship in the aftermath of retirement of one of greatest leaders of a sports team ever.

Do you believe that Nick Lidstrom is fit to be the Redwings captain?

I personally believe he is... i mean, he is no Steve Yzerman. No one is or will ever be but he is still good!

Well, you basically answered your own question right there!

When you see a 'C' on a guy's jersey, you know you need to treat him with respect because he's the best player on the team. Lidstrom is that guy. He led the team in scoring and ice time in the playoffs. Should I repeat that? He LED the team. The 'C' seems to fit him just fine. Leave it there until he decides its time to hang em up.

Edited by high_stick69

This thread should be dumped! For pete's sake!!

LIDSTROM IS THE MAN DAMMIT!!!!

I agree!

I NEVER SAID HE WASNT...

Raasc,

We're not saying your a Lidstrom hater, I think I speak for Professor Lidstrom when I say that it's just a pointless thread, I think you'd be hard pressed to find anyone to counter the topic. It's one of those questions that really only requires an all capital YES as a response, there for it doesn't make for such an interesting thread. The topic of a thread should spark a conversation, this seems to be a yes or no question and in this case just yes.

I agree!

Raasc,

We're not saying your a Lidstrom hater, I think I speak for Professor Lidstrom when I say that it's just a pointless thread, I think you'd be hard pressed to find anyone to counter the topic. It's one of those questions that really only requires an all capital YES as a response, there for it doesn't make for such an interesting thread. The topic of a thread should spark a conversation, this seems to be a yes or no question and in this case just yes.

The point of the thread is to get other peoples opinions on why and in some cases why not

The point of the thread is to get other peoples opinions on why and in some cases why not

I understand and I guess I shouldn't put down your thread, if you want to talk about it and can find others to participate then it's a valid topic. To answer your question, I think anyone who has been a Red Wings fan for any length of time, including myself would simply think that the reasons why are obvious, his play speaks for it's self, he has been loyal to this team and this city and he is the longest serving current member of the roster. It was a natural choice. The thing about the Wings is they have many players that could serve a captain on other teams. That is a testament to this city and this team.

I agree!

Raasc,

Good point... Lidstrom sucks, give the C to a good Canadian player like Cleary! Cause nationality matters!

*Sits back to watch the aftermath*

Disclaimer: I have nothing but respect for Lidstrom and think he was far and away the best choice for captain. Only Chelios comes close.

Good point... Lidstrom sucks, give the C to a good Canadian player like Cleary! Cause nationality matters!

*Sits back to watch the aftermath*

Disclaimer: I have nothing but respect for Lidstrom and think he was far and away the best choice for captain. Only Chelios comes close.

:thumbup::lol:

Edited by Booster313

Guest jaytan

There are more fitting players on the roster, but it's not like he's a terrible choice. He makes a good captain, and has help from other veteran leaders backing him up.

My view is this, Nick was the only reasonable choice for Captain. Here is why.

I think that the management would have liked to have been able to give the C to Hank. I personally don't think that would have been the best route to take, but I think they want to make Hank and Pav the center of this franchise, and Pav just isn't they type of leader you need to be to wear the C.

Guys like Draper, Chelios, and Matty all could have served as Captain and done just as well as Nick. I think they chose Nick because he is a lot like Hank in his demeanor, and it will make the transition from Nick to Hank as Captain an easier one.

Keep in mind that no matter who was to wear the C after Stevie, he would have paled in comparison. Stevie is quite possibly the best Captain, not only in the history of the NHL, but in all North American sports.

Guest bullocks

Zetterberg will be the next captain after Lidstrom retires. That is, if we can re-sign him in 2 years.