• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
d-city

Top 30 Free Agents

Rate this topic

Since when have Philadelphia, Phoenix, or Vancouver been in the front running for Smyth? The only team he would even remotely go to out of those three is Vancouver, but the Canucks are tight under the Cap. Smyth wants to win, and he isn't go to do that in Philadelphia or Phoenix.

The only place I see him going is staying on Long Island. While the rumors do look good with him coming here, the Wings don't have a lot of cap room to work with. Hasek and Schneider will all command raises, and they also have some key pieces like Bertuzzi and Markov to worry about. It sounds like the Wings will have another un-eventful offseason, at least at this point that's how it sounds. Oh well.

I'd like to see the Wings persue Roberts. He wanst to live close to Toronto to be near his family, and Detroit is only a few hours drive there. He still has plenty left in the tank, and his grit and leadership abilities are useful components to any team he goes to. I'd like to see the Wings take a chance on him, since he'd probably come cheap too.

Lots of laughs to this one.

Even though its very usefull and thnaks for posting as I've been looking for a FA list.

Of all Smyths teams , Edmonton and Toronto would be the ones he considers. That said , He'd more then likely come to Detroit to win a cup instead of being stuck on crap teams.

Bertuzzi wont get 4 million , there pretty stupid for thinking that up. He wont go to Phoeinix , florida , montreal. I see him coming here again as , why'd he want to play for Toronto.

Backstrom staying in Minny , he wont go to Florida or Phoenix.

I hope there right and Schnieders staying ! he wont get 4 mil tho

If Nagy goes to Toronto i'll stop cheering for them intirely.

Other then those , everything esle seems logical.

Guest bullocks

No kidding. If Giggy can be had for $2 million, sign him now.

lol, that must be a typo. try like 6 million. and bertuzzi, kozlov, and schneider are all at $4 million. i don't think we'd want any of them except maybe schneider for that kind of money.

Still say Sutton would look good as our #5 D-man. He does play top four minutes already and he can definitely throw the knuckles if needed.

Lids - Markov

Schneids- Kronwall

Sutton - Lebda

Lilja

Still say Sutton would look good as our #5 D-man. He does play top four minutes already and he can definitely throw the knuckles if needed.

Lids - Markov

Schneids- Kronwall

Sutton - Lebda

Lilja

Chelios isn't going to retire.

Ideal situation would be to dump Kronwall, but because he was given an extension, that won't happen. But, that's another argument for another day.

Guest bullocks

Lids - Markov

Schneids- Kronwall

Sutton - Lebda

Lilja

i'd take sarich over sutton

Chelios isn't going to retire.

Ideal situation would be to dump Kronwall, but because he was given an extension, that won't happen. But, that's another argument for another day.

krownwall's going to be a stud...ppl don't give him enough respect. he just needs to stop getting injured.

Statts I dont get tired of looking at that avatar

Me too. I love that goal. Makes me feel all warm inside. :D As for blues fans I think they die a little inside.

krownwall's going to be a stud...ppl don't give him enough respect. he just needs to stop getting injured.

People give him loads of respect , He jsut doesnt deserve it because hes always injured.

Once he shows me he can play 2 ways and more then 60 games a season on a basis , I'll consider him a "stud"

Thank the Lord..the Wings aren't interested in a certain Predator.

Kozzie sounds good to me!!

And Bert is staying. It's pretty much a given. He loves it here, says its close to home. Kenny and the Wings want him back. He'll stay.

lol, that must be a typo. try like 6 million. and bertuzzi, kozlov, and schneider are all at $4 million. i don't think we'd want any of them except maybe schneider for that kind of money.

Kozlov only made $2.3 this year, and even though he had an 80 point season, he was (as has he been) a no-show in the playoffs-- doubt that we'd have to pay EVEN as much as $4 for him, which is why I was hot for him a few days ago, when I thought a cheap, playmaking scorer that fit in w/ the Wing system would be the way to go.

Looking at the SCFs, and who made it there.... darnit, give me some large guys that can throw their weioght around and snipe some goals.

Give me the next Shanny. Is that too much to ask?

Edited by RedRockit

Thank the Lord..the Wings aren't interested in a certain Predator.

Kozzie sounds good to me!!

And Bert is staying. It's pretty much a given. He loves it here, says its close to home. Kenny and the Wings want him back. He'll stay.

Yeah, I'm not too interested in any of the Preds FAs, Kozlov is at the top of my list too!

Edited by Elshupacabra

Kozlov only made $2.3 this year, and even though he had an 80 point season, he was (as has he been) a no-show in the playoffs--

Not true at all. Kozzie is at his best in the playoffs. What happened this year with the Thrahsers shouldn't even matter as the team got swept and no one on that team showed up.

Edited by HockeyCrazy3033

Not true at all. Kozzie is at his best in the playoffs. What happened this year with the Thrahsers shouldn't even matter as the team got swept and no one on that team showed up.

He was great in the playoffs.

He hasent scored a playoff goal since 01 , Im not sold on Kozlov at this point in time.

Edited by Detroit # 1 Fan

Schneider's estimated 07/08 salary is $4,000,000? Hmm, I don't know, might be a bit much.

If he wants to stay, and the Wings need him to take a small cut, then I'm sure he'd do it. Schneids loves it here, and I'd love to keep him.

You know, this is what I keep hearing, yet I'm not seeing. Every year it's the same thing. "Kronwall is going to be a stud". Going is always the key word. How much longer do we have to wait for this guy? He's already 26.

It's almost like how everyone says the Blackhawks will contend for the playoffs before every season. Yet, like Kronwall, they don't live up to that expectation.

He was great in the playoffs.

He hasent scored a playoff goal since 01 , Im not sold on Kozlov at this point in time.

This was Kozlov's first time in the playoffs since 2001, and his team got swept.

If he wants to stay, and the Wings need him to take a small cut, then I'm sure he'd do it. Schneids loves it here, and I'd love to keep him.

You know, this is what I keep hearing, yet I'm not seeing. Every year it's the same thing. "Kronwall is going to be a stud". Going is always the key word. How much longer do we have to wait for this guy? He's already 26.

It's almost like how everyone says the Blackhawks will contend for the playoffs before every season. Yet, like Kronwall, they don't live up to that expectation.

Kronwall is a stud. He's got a lot to offer, and some great potential. The reason he can't show it is because when he finally does, and finally starts playing his game he gets injured, and badly. Bad breaks is all.

Edited by HockeyCrazy3033

This was Kozlov's first time in the playoffs since 2001, and his team got swept.

Kronwall is a stud. He's got a lot to offer, and some great potential. The reason he can't show it is because when he finally does, and finally starts playing his game he gets injured, and badly. Bad breaks is all.

I'd feel much better about getting Kozlov if we had Igor centering him.

And I dotn get it with Kronwall , what is "his game exactly" he gets injured too often for me to know what kind of game he plays. Though , when he throws dirty hits, of course I'll cheer for him. "Now thats good tough hockey"

Edited by Detroit # 1 Fan

maybe he will have better luck next season. A friend of mine was telling me that Kronner's not unlucky, but that he doesn't think about what he'd doing and puts himself in bad situations, i.e. reckless play, leading to all the injuries. He's a hockey reporter, so maybe he knows what he's talking about. I dunno. :unsure:

I'm really not trying to pick on you or your quoted 'everyone'... but in what benighted universe does anyone pick the Hawks? Besides true fans?

Actually, I used to root ChiHawks, when Cheli was there. There was a fire and snarl, and yes, dirty deeds done dirt cheap by their Captain (not the Cheli was the only one-- Wings had Vlad, DMac, Dino, Primeau, etc). LOVED to hate Cheli back then, it took a bit of adjustment to lurve him as a Winged Wheel.

The Mellow Chello is a far better player, IMHO.