• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
zetterbergfuturemvp

Pronger at it again: elbow to McAmmond's head

Rate this topic

Guest GordieSid&Ted

Actually it doesn't surpirse me that he only got one game for it. They throw out player's naughty history (majors, misconducts, and whatnots) on penalties that happened during the playoffs once it hits SCF. I think that they did the same thing in this case based on the substandards put in place by the rulebook, even though this is outside the rulebook's realm I believe.

Do I agree with it is a different story...

As for Neil's hit, yes I could have seen a suspension for it as well. But I would rather see a beating instead.

I thought I read that this was Pronger's 7th suspension in 13 years in the league. I would bet we'd be hard pressed to find a current NHLer who has been suspended the same or more times than Pronger. Prongs is averaging a suspension better than every other season. Anybody who doesn't think this guy plays outside the rulebook and can be very dirty is fooling themselves. How many suspensions has Bert had in his career? What about Claude Lemieux? Vladdy? Chris Simon? & freaking suspensions, are you kidding me?

I guess the Ducks are handing out free blinders to all the fans to avoid anyone questioning them.

Some of these responses I'm seeing are a total joke. McAmmond purposly ran into Prongers elbow? Are you kidding me? I've been trying to tone down the "Ducks fans are f-ing stupid" comments, but it's really hard when you have them coming on here and saying that McAmmond went into Prongers elbow on purpose. That takes the cake.

I guess the Ducks are handing out free blinders to all the fans to avoid anyone questioning them.

Some of these responses I'm seeing are a total joke. McAmmond purposly ran into Prongers elbow? Are you kidding me? I've been trying to tone down the "Ducks fans are f-ing stupid" comments, but it's really hard when you have them coming on here and saying that McAmmond went into Prongers elbow on purpose. That takes the cake.

Dude seriously on allducks I'm here hearing the same s*** too brah. All they are trying to do is back his a$$ up and not fess up of what he did wrong. I'm sick of the ******* excuses they're making up and try to save them. Literally I cant stand several duck fans 'specially duckette that puts her pants down whenever Giguere makes a save or what not and is a stalker to him. Creepy, eh! :blink:

Edited by DuckFan

Dude seriously on allducks I'm here hearing the same s*** too brah. All they are trying to do is back his a$$ up and not fess up of what he did wrong. I'm sick of the ******* excuses they're making up and try to save them. Literally I cant stand several duck fans 'specially duckette that puts her pants down when Giguere makes a save or what not and is a stalker to him. Creepy, eh! :blink:

Dude , that's harsh . I totally disagree with Duckette's opinion on Pronger and most other things. But it's her opinion and this is a general discussion's forum were fan's tell other people their point's of view. I'll probably get jumped for saying this but there's no need to start name calling .

Dude , that's harsh . I totally disagree with Duckette's opinion on Pronger and most other things. But it's her opinion and this is a general discussion's forum were fan's tell other people their point's of view. I'll probably get jumped for saying this but there's no need to start name calling .

That is a little of a harsh reply there, I don't hide my opinion when I disagree with someone, but I do try to avoid calling someone out. Even trolls.

Back on topic, the suspension was what I expected. I also expect Neal to get a good hit (hopefully) legal, on Pronger in Game 5. :D

That is a little of a harsh reply there, I don't hide my opinion when I disagree with someone, but I do try to avoid calling someone out. Even trolls.

Back on topic, the suspension was what I expected. I also expect Neal to get a good hit (hopefully) legal, on Pronger in Game 5. :D

Yeah , I kinda thaught that Pronger was gonna get off easily too , I don't think I'll ever understand why the NHL makes rule's about repeat offence's and then not put them in to practice. As you said tho , hopefully Neil or maybe even McGrattan :yowza: if he play's . will get some "legal" payback. :sly:

i dont come here to stir up s***, i was here during the wings ducks series...i just state my opinon just like you...go see the hit and come back and talk to me...

I've seen the hit probably the same amount as you have seen it (2: live, and replay) and it's a very common play in hockey.. one player has momentum and goes into another playing and explodes pushing through him and the other player dodges and turns his back to him, yeah it can look bad, his hands go over his back and he flies over him.. it was not even close to the blatent elbow that Pronger dropped on McAmmond's face, if McDonald stuck around and took his hit like most players in the league do to make the play, and THEN Neil hit him in the face with an elbow that's a totally different story and then your post has some credibility behind it.

Just stating your opinion like I am that's fine, not coming here to stir up s***? Like 5 seconds after I replied to your post you called me an idiot because I didn't agree with you

I thought I read that this was Pronger's 7th suspension in 13 years in the league. I would bet we'd be hard pressed to find a current NHLer who has been suspended the same or more times than Pronger. Prongs is averaging a suspension better than every other season. Anybody who doesn't think this guy plays outside the rulebook and can be very dirty is fooling themselves. How many suspensions has Bert had in his career? What about Claude Lemieux? Vladdy? Chris Simon? & freaking suspensions, are you kidding me?

I'm a Ducks fan and think his suspension is totally warranted and if you read Helene Elliott's articles in the LA Times, she's giving him a big :thumbdown: not only on this but saying he's becoming a goon. Doubtfull he'll be talking to her in the locker room at home.

But for all he's done, people out there still want his autograph and that's in Ottawa as well. Looks like most have Ducks things, but there's probably some Sens people there too, but won't admit it. The Ducks people put pix of the team's goings on where they're on the road and there he is signing things for people waiting in line outside the hotel.

People are fickle; they'll think a player is the worst and then want his autograph. Personally I feel less and less respect for him as a player and wouldn't care to even go out of my way to see him unlike some of the other players on the team.

But that's just me. Until people stand by their convictions, he'll continue to be seen as a star in the NHL and be treated as such.

i saw the video on youtube. oh my gosh.

i can't help but wince everytime i see it.

i hope the sens take it all the way.

and i hope everytime pronger ever plays in detroit again he gets booed.

I'm a Ducks fan and think his suspension is totally warranted and if you read Helene Elliott's articles in the LA Times, she's giving him a big :thumbdown: not only on this but saying he's becoming a goon. Doubtfull he'll be talking to her in the locker room at home.

But for all he's done, people out there still want his autograph and that's in Ottawa as well. Looks like most have Ducks things, but there's probably some Sens people there too, but won't admit it. The Ducks people put pix of the team's goings on where they're on the road and there he is signing things for people waiting in line outside the hotel.

People are fickle; they'll think a player is the worst and then want his autograph. Personally I feel less and less respect for him as a player and wouldn't care to even go out of my way to see him unlike some of the other players on the team.

But that's just me. Until people stand by their convictions, he'll continue to be seen as a star in the NHL and be treated as such.

I too be wanting an autograph from th' player that be held in th' uptmost regard as a hockey player. It be apparant that he be something o' a big deal now since he can't seem to get more than a single game suspension at a time.

Then I will drop th' scallywag's autograph on th' ground and stomp on it... Not forgetting to run to man-o-war as that landlubber will surely be on me tail wanting me to become sharkbait.

Savvy?

Edited by OsGOD

See Duckette indeed has no aspect of the game whatsoever. I think her next present should be Hockey for "Dummies", at least that's what she is right now ;)

She's been the most knowledgable Ducks fan on this board so I suggest you know what you're talking about before you come on here and spout.

Guest GordieSid&Ted

Yeah, I don't doubt that people would call him an ******* and then ask him to sign his autograph for them. People are just like that. Wings fans have a special kind of hatred for Chris that doesn't really stem from him beating us the last 2 years but from us watching him all through the 90's when he was a St.Louis Blue. I can't count how many times the Wings would be blowing the Blues out of a game and Pronger would be out there headhunting. One game I clearly remember the score was out of hand and the Blues had a bunch of tough guys on the ice and the Wings had maybe 1 or 2 and the Blues instigated a fight. Anyway, Pronger was about 30 feet away from the pile up, wrapped up with Tomas Sandstrom who probably never fought his entire career and wore a visor. Anyway, the ref is telling them not to do anything, and Sandstrom is telling Pronger to chill out and you can see Pronger trying to get Sandstrom to drop his gloves and then he looks over to see if the ref is looking at them and then he looks back at Sandstrom and then back to the ref. Finally, after about 30 seconds the ref isn't paying attention and Pronger just hauls off and starts throwing right hands to Sandstrom's face. He didn't hurt him and it got broken up but just showed what kind of character he had. You look at a guy like Mike Fisher and even though Ducks fans hate him, Chris Neil, i've seen those guys have the chance to punch somebody's lights out like Fisher did last night on Getzlaf but he chose not to. That's having respect for the game and for the code. Pronger doesn't really respect anything or anybody. Still, he's an elite defenseman, no doubt. Classless but elite nevertheless.

Oh, another game, prolly on youtube you can see Pronger jump a Blackhawks player and he's got him on the ice and Pronger is ready to start throwing bombs while the poor shmuck is down and out and Jeremy Roenick has to fly in and tackle Pronger to keep him from taking advantage of another downed player.

And I remember the time Kelly Buchberger threw a monster check on Pavol Demitra and Pronger jumped off the bench, don't know if it was even a line change, anyway, he jumps off tracks down Buchberger and just starts throwing bombs and Buchberger's like where the hell did he come from.

These are all typical BS things Pronger has done over his career. He doesn't like to square up with any big time fighters or have an ever fight. He would for the most part throw elbows and in his early years cross check and slash the hell out of people and if a scrum started he'd pick a guy who wasn't in his weight class or a non-fighter and just start pummelling the poor guy. Typical Chris Pronger

I'm a Ducks fan and think his suspension is totally warranted and if you read Helene Elliott's articles in the LA Times, she's giving him a big :thumbdown: not only on this but saying he's becoming a goon . Doubtfull he'll be talking to her in the locker room at home.

Becoming a goon? When did you start watching hockey anyways, a month ago?

The mans been a goon for his entire career. Gordie already listed a good amount of stupid things he's done before. He also did one of his "football charges" once this year too, on Nils Ekman of Pittsburgh. Ekman was battling in front of the net, and out of nowhere Pronger comes barreling in and starts to pummel Ekman in the face. The man is a total prick, and if someone kneecapped him and ended his career, you would see no remorse from me. His intent is to do just that to other players anyways, so it's a double standard.

Duckette, have you ever seen a scrum or a face wash before? Ever seen two guys around the net after a whistle just crunching their mits into another guy's face until a ref can pry them apart? I saw the Spezza/Pahlsson thing on the highlights. I don't know the context of when it happened or if there was a penalty but without a doubt in my mind Spezza should've been called for roughing on that play. Even though that kind of stuff happens all the time he should've been called for roughing. However, some duck fans, especially the geniuses over on allducks.com think that was the most egregious act ever perpetrated by a hockey player. I love the overly dramatic depictions of what happened to. Listening to Duck fans you'd think Spezza had Pahlsson pinned to the ice on his back and with his gloves off, was digging his thumbs into the corners of Sami's eyes to try and pluck them out. Sheesh, talk about drama queens over there. He had Palhsson from behind and he was ripping and rubbing at his face with his glove on I believe. I've had that done about 1000 times to me and i've done it a 1000 times to other people and nobody has ever lost an eye or had their hair yanked from their scalp or been decapitated from a lil' glove on face washin that I know of. It's called roughing and its no big deal, players pop each other in the kisser and rub their stank ass gloves into another guy's mush all the time. Why oh why duck fans think its such a big deal and not just what shoulda been a minor penalty shows the lack of general knowledge going on over there by the masses.

I don't think what happened to Sami was any big deal. I thought I was trying to point that out to someone. I'm only mad about the hit on Mac

See Duckette indeed has no aspect of the game whatsoever. I think her next present should be Hockey for "Dummies", at least that's what she is right now ;)

Dude seriously on allducks I'm here hearing the same s*** too brah. All they are trying to do is back his a$$ up and not fess up of what he did wrong. I'm sick of the ******* excuses they're making up and try to save them. Literally I cant stand several duck fans 'specially duckette that puts her pants down whenever Giguere makes a save or what not and is a stalker to him. Creepy, eh! :blink:

You know what, PortBeach13 (someone told me it was you) YOU'RE the one who stalked me all over the internet and spread BS to try to get me banned from every site I am on. So, when you find your balls then come and deal with me personally instead of making yourself look even more like a moron.

And yes, I am so good that I can stalk Jiggy from Florida. I don't appreciate what you've said to me and there will be something done about it. I never did anything to you.

It's Helene Elliott's articles in the LA Times who stated Pronger is "becoming a goon". It's freaken hilarious! :!:

Hockeymom already knows he's a goon. She speaks as if she isn't to proud of him on her team... and I don't blame her.

Helene Elliot showed her idiocy when she wrote that BS article about how the Ducks were going to trash the Wings in 4. I don't like her and as I've said before, I don't like Pronger.

We get te point Please feel free to keep these types of opinions to yourself in the future. (This is not a request)

I don't think what happened to Sami was any big deal. I thought I was trying to point that out to someone. I'm only mad about the hit on Mac

You know what, PortBeach13 (someone told me it was you) YOU'RE the one who stalked me all over the internet and spread BS to try to get me banned from every site I am on. So, when you find your balls then come and deal with me personally instead of making yourself look even more like a moron.

And yes, I am so good that I can stalk Jiggy from Florida. I don't appreciate what you've said to me and there will be something done about it. I never did anything to you.

Helene Elliot showed her idiocy when she wrote that BS article about how the Ducks were going to trash the Wings in 4. I don't like her and as I've said before, I don't like Pronger.

:clap: You go girl!!!!!!!! :D:thumbup:

Man, I just watched Pronger's "work" on Youtube Pronger pancaking Holstrom and

...ouch :crazy:

Both of those plays scream "intent to injure". Watching them back to back kind of drives it in to me that this guy ain't changing his style of play any... which he has said himself in interviews.

Edited by Wings_Fan_In_Exile

He has a lot of skills, and big reach that make him a natural. A good shot, an ability to almost casually be in the right position... But his inability to control his temper, his lack of respect for any other players, his cheap shots, and his inability to lose in a sportsmanlike way make me hate the guy. He plays ugly hockey.

I'm glad to see him getting suspended (again), but since there's clearly no lesson learned from him being in the press box for a game there has to be some other sort of stick to used. I fear that the league won't do anything, and some player's going to lose it and go down with him.

Oh well. Let's hope the Sens can get their act in gear here...

He has a lot of skills, and big reach that make him a natural. A good shot, an ability to almost casually be in the right position... But his inability to control his temper, his lack of respect for any other players, his cheap shots, and his inability to lose in a sportsmanlike way make me hate the guy. He plays ugly hockey.

I'm glad to see him getting suspended (again), but since there's clearly no lesson learned from him being in the press box for a game there has to be some other sort of stick to used. I fear that the league won't do anything, and some player's going to lose it and go down with him.

Arrr, aye, That will be the day that Me stand up and cheer for a play that he is in'ol'ed in. Gar, Where can I find a bottle o'rum?

Arrr, aye, That will be the day that Me stand up and cheer for a play that he is in'ol'ed in. Gar, Where can I find a bottle o'rum?

Why is the rum always gone?

(hides the rum)