• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

livediehockey80

Alfie Goes Unhinged

Rate this topic

I doubt Niedermayer would fight, so this wouldn't work.

That's true, just thinking about Chelios doing it is pretty funny. :lol:

I don't recall Niedermayer saying a word about it after the game. They settled it at the end of the 2nd on to game 5. Alfreddson will be out there for game 5,those calling for a suspension sound like my grandma. It fired the Ducks up for the 3rd so it backfired in Daniel. DUCKS IN 5 and Pronger gets the handoff from Scott and passes to Teemu,how sweet it is.

:puke:

I don't recall Niedermayer saying a word about it after the game. They settled it at the end of the 2nd on to game 5. Alfreddson will be out there for game 5,those calling for a suspension sound like my grandma. It fired the Ducks up for the 3rd so it backfired in Daniel. DUCKS IN 5 and Pronger gets the handoff from Scott and passes to Teemu,how sweet it is.

Wow, reading some of these comments, I was expecting it to be a lot worse.

Classless? I guess so. Not that the Ducks are known for their class.

I thought we all hit it on the head pretty well.

There's a difference when Pronger does it, and when someone else does it. Everyone on these forums, except Lou, hates Pronger. Maybe when Pronger isn't involved we don't so mad about it. Still though, I was pretty mad over what Alfie did. He rallied the Ducks with that stupid move. And it's as clear as day I don't want Anaheim to win.

Still though, when Pronger isn't involved, the reaction is smaller. Pronger is just a *****, plain and simple. Whatever he does is under the microscope, because he is a repeat offender.

Finally saw the clip on youtube.

Sorry, but I don't see what the big deal was. Kind of a d*ck move if he intentionally shot it at Niedermayer, but it's not even really clear from the clip if that's what he was doing.

watch this Youtube clip with more obective commentating.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jH9jvHxHWIY&NR=1

HS, I respect your opinion more than almost anyone probably on this site, but I disagree with you here. First of all, the Youtube link you posted doesn't have objective commentating. It's the CBC feed which would obviously be biased towards the Sens.

Next, while I agree with you that it can be a great idea to just fire the puck on goal (like Nick did in '02) I don't believe Alfredsson was doing that. If Al was trying to put the puck on goal *and just mis*** it* than that's one thing. But the events leading up to the shot are what point to the contrary. I'm not saying he said this, but Al's likely defense would be that he was trying to dump the puck in, which wouldn't make sense either since he wouldn't have had enough time to retrieve the puck and get a decent shot off. Should Al try and put the puck on net with 4 seconds left, Yes. Did he opt to shoot it at Niedermayer instead, Yes.

Regardless of the severity or where it hit Niedermayer, he still shouldn't have done it.

Edited by Never Forget Mac #25

Guest MrSandMan

All this just makes me appreciate that much more our captain and top defensive player. The worst thing Lidstrom ever does is occasionally take a hooking call - and that's very rare....

Go Nick - take home the Norris!

Nick is the classiest player in NHL. He's more human than human... I too feel very fortunate that we have the world class player and best defensmen in NHL history on our team.

NICK :thumbup:

Guest Agalloch

Alife would've became my favorite player in the entire league if he had shot the puck at Perry. I'd support him shooting at him and Pronger, but no one else.

Edited by Agalloch

HS, I respect your opinion on this site probably more than almost anyone, but I disagree with you here. First of all, the Youtube link you posted doesn't have objective commentating. It's the CBC feed which would obviously be biased towards the Sens.

Next, while I agree with you that it can be a great idea to just fire the puck on goal (like Nick did in '02) I don't believe Alfredsson was doing that. If Al was trying to put the puck on goal *and just mishot it* than that's one thing. But the events leading up to the shot are what point to the contrary. I'm not saying he said this, but Al's likely defense would be that he was trying to dump the puck in, which wouldn't make sense either since he wouldn't have had enough time to retrieve the puck and get a decent shot off. Should Al try and put the puck on net with 4 seconds left, Yes. Did he opt to shoot it at Niedermayer instead, Yes.

Regardless of the severity or where it hit Niedermayer, he still shouldn't have done it.

That's my main point. I'm not sure he meant to shoot it at Niedermayer. Obviously the puck hit him, but that doesn't mean that's where he was aiming. I couldn't even tell if it was deflected of the Ducks players stick in front of him (who did have the blade in the lane)

A lot of people are looking at it like it's plain as day, but I'm not seeing clear intent. That's not to say he didn't intend to either. I just can't tell.

If he intentionally fired the puck at Niedermayer, yes it was a stupid play and kind of a cheapshot. But honestly not that big a deal to me.

I still think that if Cheliios had done it, there'd be a thread here about good old Cheli mixing it up again.

I think this youtube video was better. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oB7QLSdNn9I&NR=1

I had never seen that before. that is a seriously funny clip.

I love it when crap like that happens to fans that talk sh*t. Boo opposing players or whatever, that's fine. It's the fans who act all tough that I get sick of. Like they could survive for one moment in a brawl with the players they're jawing at.

Alife would've became my favorite player in the entire league if he had shot the puck at Perry. I'd support him shooting at him and Pronger, but no one else.

Arrr, they all be lookin' like goons. it is tough t' tell them apart. Gar. He was shootin' at what he thought was perry perhaps?

Guest DetroitIan

Bottom line is, the NHL has done jack s*** to this Ducks team that has played like a group of goons since the first day of the post season. So obviously their is gonna be some "rink justice". The Ducks deserve every single dirty thing done against them. They brought it all on themselves. I have no sympathy whatsoever.

That's my main point. I'm not sure he meant to shoot it at Niedermayer. Obviously the puck hit him, but that doesn't mean that's where he was aiming. I couldn't even tell if it was deflected of the Ducks players stick in front of him (who did have the blade in the lane)

A lot of people are looking at it like it's plain as day, but I'm not seeing clear intent. That's not to say he didn't intend to either. I just can't tell.

If he intentionally fired the puck at Niedermayer, yes it was a stupid play and kind of a cheapshot. But honestly not that big a deal to me.

I still think that if Cheliios had done it, there'd be a thread here about good old Cheli mixing it up again.

I understand your point, but don't you think the fact that he clearly looked at the scoreboard, pulled out of his wind up, then the puck just happened to hit Niedermayer is a little fishy. One thing that I will add to your POV is that it looks like Beauchemin was in Al's way on his first wind up, which could very well be the reason he didn't shoot initially.

Also, you have to admit that the CBC feed you posted is not objective. Even toward the end of that clip one of the announcers said that Al tried to shoot it at Niedermayer while the other said he wasn't sure.

That being said, I agree that people are making way too big of a deal out of this. Yes it was cheap, if he was trying to shoot it at Niedermayer, but I've seen much worse than the result of the shot. Also, if it was Cheli who had done this, I agree that the majority here would love it. :thumbdown: Sad, isn't it.

All this just makes me appreciate that much more our captain and top defensive player. The worst thing Lidstrom ever does is occasionally take a hooking call - and that's very rare....

Go Nick - take home the Norris!

Hey he has a fighting major under his belt too!! :yowza:

Well one, but he even got the instgator:whoa:

i personaly dont think alfie whould of done that on purpose no penalty and their is no way he will get suspended since Nidemonger did not get hurt .. still think prongers hit was worse.. but in all fairness mistake or not that could of severly injured Nidemonger and that would of been retarted on alfie's part and then he would of been suspended i think

Bottom line is, the NHL has done jack s*** to this Ducks team that has played like a group of goons since the first day of the post season. So obviously their is gonna be some "rink justice". The Ducks deserve every single dirty thing done against them. They brought it all on themselves. I have no sympathy whatsoever.

:thumbdown:

Oh man , If he had hit Perry I wouldve loved Alfredson for life. Perry would've just given him a face wash and give him some "Your gonna get it" talk.

Perrys such a pussie

If that puck made direct contact on a knee...Niedermeyer would be out for the series and into the hospital to repair damaged bone material.

To top it off, he cheap shots Travis Moen with a direct punch. I

have you ever played the game? there's no way a shot like that to the knee would cause him serious damage.

concerning the "cheap shot", well, first I thought it was a dive by Moen and second Anaheim has been doing that crap all playoffs long, where have you been?

Edited by Dynamo

I understand your point, but don't you think the fact that he clearly looked at the scoreboard, pulled out of his wind up, then the puck just happened to hit Niedermayer is a little fishy. One thing that I will add to your POV is that it looks like Beauchemin was in Al's way on his first wind up, which could very well be the reason he didn't shoot initially.

Also, you have to admit that the CBC feed you posted is not objective. Even toward the end of that clip one of the announcers said that Al tried to shoot it at Niedermayer while the other said he wasn't sure.

That being said, I agree that people are making way too big of a deal out of this. Yes it was cheap, if he was trying to shoot it at Niedermayer, but I've seen much worse than the result of the shot. Also, if it was Cheli who had done this, I agree that the majority here would love it. :thumbdown: Sad, isn't it.

Sorry,I didn't mean so much that the CBC was objective. What I should have said was "less definitive." they at least waited to see the replay before suggesting Alfredsson had done it intentionally.

I honestly don't think pulling out of his windup had anything to do with hitting Niedermayer. It's not like he wound up stopped, changed angles right at Niedermayer. He wound up at the blueline, stopped, took a few more strides, then fired the puck. Again, he may have intentionally fired it at Niedermayer, but I don't think he pulled up the first time in order to get a better bead on him.

Ive watched the highlights on youtube and espn, and it's still not clear enough for me to say he did it on purpose. he picks his head up and looks before he fires it, so it very well may have been intentional. but I also still can't even tell if the puck hit the stick of the Ducks player in front of him.

And all that being said, the title of this thread is hilariously melodramatic. Unhinged? He fired a slapshot that hit Niedermayer in the shins.

Edited by haroldsnepsts

Sorry,I didn't mean so much that the CBC was objective. What I should have said was "less definitive." they at least waited to see the replay before suggesting Alfredsson had done it intentionally.

I honestly don't think pulling out of his windup had anything to do with hitting Niedermayer. It's not like he wound up stopped, changed angles right at Niedermayer. He wound up at the blueline, stopped, took a few more strides, then fired the puck. Again, he may have intentionally fired it at Niedermayer, but I don't think he pulled up the first time in order to get a better bead on him.

Ive watched the highlights on youtube and espn, and it's still not clear enough for me to say he did it on purpose. he picks his head up and looks before he fires it, so it very well may have been intentional. but I also still can't even tell if the puck hit the stick of the Ducks player in front of him.

And all that being siad, the title of this thread is hilariously melodramatic. Unhinged? He fired a slapshot that hit Niedermayer in the shins.

I don't either anymore. After viewing it even moreso, its clear to me that he pulled out of his first wind up because Beauchemin was in his path toward putting a shot on goal. That being said, the angle he puts on actual shot (whether Niedermayer was in its path or not) was no where near what would have been a shot on goal. That's the reason I'm questioning Al's purpose. Obviously if it deflects off Beauchemin's stick this whole controversy wouldn't be there, but to me, it doesn't look like it does.

That being said, keep in mind I agree that people are making way too big of a deal out of this.

Guest Crymson

"Sometimes winning is not the be-all end-all."

I emphatically disagree. There are no moral victories in profesional sports. I am aware that there are fans out there who say "I'd rather lose to the ducks than win the way they're winning". I am not of this mindset. I would prefer a Wings team of cup-lifting pricks to a bunch of lady-byng candidate also-rans.

Yeah, you've really never shown regard for anything in the realm of sportsmanship. Figures. I'd not like to meet people like you.

I have pride in the sportsmanlike character of this team. We have one of the most sportsmanlike captains in the league, and the one before him will forever embody that quality in the eyes of hockey fans everywhere. We have not one cheapshot artist on this team, and we do not win games by underhanded means. We win them by playing great hockey.