• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
haroldsnepsts

Ducks dent the Cup

Rate this topic

Yeah, it is. You can thank some of the morons in here who continue to ***** about it.

No kidding.

Now Buffalo being this bitter when Dallas won the Cup, I understand.

But still being this pissed about losing to the Ducks, I don't get. It's disappointing, but the Wings had a great season overall.

I thought by now we could have some fun about the Ducks denting the Cup and make a few jokes, without it turning into a "They don't deserve the Cup" thread.

I guess it's still too soon?? :huh:

Some of the guy's on here really need to let it go ,Sure we lost I'm as disappointed as the next guy , but they are taking it to far with alot of the BS.

Not the first time it's been damaged and it won't be the last.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Traditions_an...p#Misadventures

You'd hope not. The stories are gold and there aren't enough of them. "The Stanley Cup -- does not float."

This isn't all that funny a story from the link, but it's absurdity wins it major cred:

In the Chicago Stadium, in the spring of 1961, the Montreal Canadiens were losing the final game of a Playoff series to the Chicago Blackhawks. A Montreal fan in the stands could not stand it so he left his seat, ran down to the front lobby and broke into the glass showcase where the Stanley Cup was on display. He grabbed the Cup, hoisted it over his shoulders and made for the exit before he was arrested. In court, he explained his behaviour to the judge: "Your Honour, I was simply bringing the Cup back to Montreal where it belongs."

Guest DetroitIan

youre just taking it as another oppurtunity to whine about the Ducks.

By the way, maybe you missed it but ive asked you a couple times about whether or not you thought Jiri Fischer's crosscheck in the '02 Finals was classy. Whats the word?

Damn right I am. I hate the Ducks, therefore I will rip on them every chance I get. You tend not to give props to a team that you hate. ;) If you wanna cry about me ripping the ducks I can send you some tissues. Otherwise deal with it. Cause I will continue to hate them. Oh and about Fisch, yeah it was a pretty dirty crosscheck. But whats your point? Fischer doesnt play for us anymore. Not to mention Fischer had never done anything as dirty before, and has never done anything that dirty since. So to even compare Fisch to the Ducks who were CONSISTANTLY dirty from day 1 of the regular season up until the end of the playoffs is just laughable. :lol:

Damn right I am. I hate the Ducks, therefore I will rip on them every chance I get. You tend not to give props to a team that you hate. ;) If you wanna cry about me ripping the ducks I can send you some tissues. Otherwise deal with it. Cause I will continue to hate them. Oh and about Fisch, yeah it was a pretty dirty crosscheck. But whats your point? Fischer doesnt play for us anymore. Not to mention Fischer had never done anything as dirty before, and has never done anything that dirty since. So to even compare Fisch to the Ducks who were CONSISTANTLY dirty from day 1 of the regular season up until the end of the playoffs is just laughable. :lol:

The Ducks weren't dirty in 1993-1994. The only guys even close were maybe Todd Ewen or Garry Valk, and they were mostly fighters anyways, not dirty players.

Bad comparison. :P

lol..."pretty dirty". You can barely even admit it was dirty, how can you anyone even take you seriously when you have such blinders on? Im sure if say, Corey Perry had done that you'd call it "pretty dirty"? I think its a very just comparison, i think its funny that you go on and on about how the Ducks were classless in the playoffs, and heres a guy who was suspended for the '02 Wings Cup team for cheap stick work. If you're gonna label an entire team as classless because of what Pronger did, and I assume May, i just think you should have to label the entire '02 Wings playoff team the same. Ducks had 2 players suspended, Wings had 1!

Do me a favor and post every player on Anaheim that you consider cheap and classless.

Guest DetroitIan

lol..."pretty dirty". You can barely even admit it was dirty, how can you anyone even take you seriously when you have such blinders on? Im sure if say, Corey Perry had done that you'd call it "pretty dirty"? I think its a very just comparison, i think its funny that you go on and on about how the Ducks were classless in the playoffs, and heres a guy who was suspended for the '02 Wings Cup team for cheap stick work. If you're gonna label an entire team as classless because of what Pronger did, and I assume May, i just think you should have to label the entire '02 Wings playoff team the same. Ducks had 2 players suspended, Wings had 1!

When I said pretty dirty, I wasnt trying to sugarcoat it, it was just the way I worded it. Yes, it was dirty. There, better? I just think its completely laughable to compare the '02 Red Wings, to the '07 Ducks. Sure they had 2 players suspended in the post season, and we had one. Big ******* whoop. How about the fact that the Ducks started their "dirty" play from day 1. Just because they didnt get regular season suspensions doesnt mean they werent playing dirty. I ******* watched them all the time with NHL center ice, and thats why my hatred for them is as strong as it is, because I already began hating them well before the playoffs even started. So all the s*** from that point on was just adding fuel to my fire. One post season suspension for us in '02, is far different from the '07 Ducks and their classless play from October-June.

Come on, Lou.

You know Wings' players can do no wrong.

Wait, they can do wrong, even once, maybe twice?!?!? Surely you must be joking! :scared:

:P

When I said pretty dirty, I wasnt trying to sugarcoat it, it was just the way I worded it. Yes, it was dirty. There, better? I just think its completely laughable to compare the '02 Red Wings, to the '07 Ducks. Sure they had 2 players suspended in the post season, and we had one. Big ******* whoop. How about the fact that the Ducks started their "dirty" play from day 1. Just because they didnt get regular season suspensions doesnt mean they werent playing dirty. I ******* watched them all the time with NHL center ice, and thats why my hatred for them is as strong as it is, because I already began hating them well before the playoffs even started. So all the s*** from that point on was just adding fuel to my fire. One post season suspension for us in '02, is far different from the '07 Ducks and their classless play from October-June.

Hating the Ducks? Fine.

Bagging on them and calling them even more disgraceful just because they might have dented/nicked the Cup, when anybody/everybody from past teams and past celebrations have done it, is stretching that hatred a bit overboard.

Guest DetroitIan

Wait, they can do wrong, even once, maybe twice?!?!? Surely you must be joking! :scared:

:P

Hating the Ducks? Fine.

Bagging on them and calling them even more disgraceful just because they might have dented/nicked the Cup, when anybody/everybody from past teams and past celebrations have done it, is stretching that hatred a bit overboard.

Probably. But when it comes to talking about my most hated team in years, I try to take every shot I can at em. This year for me was devastating after we lost our series against them. Then to have them win the Cup? I was just mortified. I just hate everything about them. So sometimes the smack-talk flies. But yeah prolly a lil overboard. In my eyes, they deserve it. :sly:

:crybaby:

They won in 16 games, they won despite LEADING THE LEAGUE in penalties, they won in spite of many of us in here not liking many of their players.

They weren't handed s**t.

Get over it.

:withstupid: ...I bet you still believe that Osama Bin Laden was responsible for 9/11 and an actual 757 flew into the Pentagon... :puke:

...it's no secret, what's the best way to generate interest in a sport that otherwise would be of no interest? Give them a Championship. Wow! 15,000 to celebrate their chumpionship. Bettman will never learn...

:withstupid: ...I bet you still believe that Osama Bin Laden was responsible for 9/11 and an actual 757 flew into the Pentagon... :puke:

...it's no secret, what's the best way to generate interest in a sport that otherwise would be of no interest? Give them a Championship. Wow! 15,000 to celebrate their chumpionship. Bettman will never learn...

:violin:

Lucidi is that you??!?!?

*backing away slowly*

I hope that's you showing a wry sense of humor.

and let's be honest here folks, if the Wings had a team like the Ducks, this town would love them. Wings fans wouldn't stop watching because they weren't "classy."

Bruise Brothers anyone? the Bad Boys? Detroit would worship a team like the Ducks.

It's hard to admit it, but true.

The only guy I truly hate on that team is Pronger. Hated him in St. Louis when he had no chance of winning the Cup, hated him in Edmonton, hate him even more after this season. For me he used to be the guy you love to hate, but would also love to have on your team.

Now, not so much.

Edited by haroldsnepsts

...yep, thought so! Those hallways you walk down are very very narrow, can't look anywhere but straight ahead, if you turn your head to see a different view, you may clock yourself on the wall! Procede with caution, look straight ahead, oh wait, your government is already making sure of that! I know where you'll be on 12-21-12...

...remember the USS Liberty! If you wanna open your eyes, google that! Oh but wait, Israel is our ally...

...congrats Ducks! You deserved the Cup! Enjoy it! It's very hard to repeat!!!! :puke:

Edited by LeftWinger

...yep, thought so! Those hallways you walk down are very very narrow, can't look anywhere but straight ahead, if you turn your head to see a different view, you may clock yourself on the wall! Procede with caution, look straight ahead, oh wait, your government is already making sure of that! I know where you'll be on 12-21-12...

...remember the USS Liberty! If you wanna open your eyes, google that! Oh but wait, Israel is our ally...

...congrats Ducks! You deserved the Cup! Enjoy it! It's very hard to repeat!!!! :puke:

...I notice you are from the New Orleans area, Hmmmm, after the way your government mis-treated you, you should be the last one to play violins when someone mentions the evil-ness of the USA...

...anyhow, back on topic. Yeah Ducks! Good luck next year!!! Be more carefull with that grail, we've got to hoist it next year!!!! :lol:

Edited by LeftWinger

Ummm... for future discussions can I get a definition of classless, grit, dirty, and classy as it applies to this forum?

Oh and please no Team/Player examples for definitions

Edited to add words to definition wish list

Edited by vangvace

...I notice you are from the New Orleans area, Hmmmm, after the way your government mis-treated you, you should be the last one to play violins when someone mentions the evil-ness of the USA...

Government and NHL hockey have nothing to do with each other.