• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Rate this topic

I was under the impression that he was still under contract by the Rangers....is this not correct? And if so does that means hes a UFA right now? And are there any rumors stirring about on this one? I know many of you dont like him and are glad hes goen, but i would love to see him back in detroit. If he isnt under contract with NY i dont see them resigning him now with the Gomez and Drury signings....just wondering if anyone has any information?

I was under the impression that he was still under contract by the Rangers....is this not correct? And if so does that means hes a UFA right now? And are there any rumors stirring about on this one? I know many of you dont like him and are glad hes goen, but i would love to see him back in detroit. If he isnt under contract with NY i dont see them resigning him now with the Gomez and Drury signings....just wondering if anyone has any information?

He is an UFA, and intentions are to either retire or play for the Rangers. Reports I've read says he is coming back, and will be signed soon. The Drury and Gomez signings only add to the allure of playing another season for Shanny.

He is an UFA, and intentions are to either retire or play for the Rangers. Reports I've read says he is coming back, and will be signed soon. The Drury and Gomez signings only add to the allure of playing another season for Shanny.

Can they afford him with the two HUGE signings?

They can technically afford him, but not when you look deeper. They have Lundqvist as an RFA currently making nothing. They have to get him signed to a long contract or save enough to fend off offer sheets, they also have about 5 other rfa's that they eiother need to resign or replace...

Hard to imagine with what i calculate (rough numbers based on outsidethegarden.com ) as 8mil left they can afford anyone over 1 -1.5 mil/yr.

Shanny can only be signed if it's in the 2 million dollar range maybe less. If he wants to be a Ranger next year he will have to take a pay cut.

Aye. I bet the Rangers make some cap space with a trade and hope Shanny takes a pay cut. IMO 90% chance he signs with the NYR, 8% chance he retires and 2% chance he's back with the Wings.

Are the Rangers not concerned with there defense at all? Beyond PROSPECT Staal, it looks pathetic.

apparently not, looks like they wanna score a ton of goals and pray they always end up with one more then the other guys haha

i found this video on youtube:

dont know if this video was ever posted here...but i think it's pretty cool!

what happened to shanahan? was he just frustrated or did hall payed the price for somethin?

Edited by swiss_redwingfan

Guest jaytan

I love Shanny, and I never got mad at him for leaving. He gave us a lot of good years and now he's getting pretty old anyway. It wouldn't make sense to try to bring him back.

Screw the Rangers for having the best two former Wings in the league.

I love Shanny, and I never got mad at him for leaving. He gave us a lot of good years and now he's getting pretty old anyway. It wouldn't make sense to try to bring him back.

Best two former Wings in the league? PLEASE tell me that there's someone I am not thinking of and that you are not referring to Sean Avery as the second best former Wing in the league. This is a league that Sergei Fedorov is still a part of, lest ye forget. Let's see if I can think of a few more that would be higher ont he list that Sean Avery.....

Vyacheslav Kozlov

Martin Lapointe

Mathieu Dandenault

Mathieu Schneider

Manny Legace

Aaron Ward

and while I am at it, let me continue with MORE players...

Curtis Joseph

Boyd Devereaux

Robert Lang

Jason Williams

Mike Knuble

Mike Sillinger

Ray Whitney

Anders Eriksson

Ok, maybe I went a little overboard there at the end, but I hope I still got my point across.

I know many of you dont like him and are glad hes goen, but i would love to see him back in detroit. If he isnt under contract with NY i dont see them resigning him now with the Gomez and Drury signings....just wondering if anyone has any information?

I doubt there's a Wings fan that genuinely dislikes Shanny - he is of course an honorary Red Wing for life. He'll retire with the Rangers. I would actually be sad if he came back - his days with the Wings are done and he doesn't really fit in with the team anymore (imo). He did the right thing by moving on when Yzerman retired....

I would LOVE to see Shanny back with the Wings. I don't blame him for leaving and sometimes I believe it for the better with Hudler and Flip coming around and Dats and Hank now being two of the league's elite. But I believe he should retire a Red Wing. I defy anyone to say they don't miss #14 in the Winged-Wheel at least a little. That said, I sadly agree with someone who said there is much more chance he'll either remain a Ranger or retire a Ranger, which sucks... When you think he could take a cut and come back for one more year in Samuelsson's spot....

Former Wings forwards currently performing better than Shanahan:

Ray Whitney

Robert Lang

Sergei Fedorov

Slava Kozlov

Former Wings defensemen currently performing as well or better than Shanahan:

Mathieu Schneider

Anders Eriksson

Aaron Ward

Former Wings forwards currently performing better than Shanahan:

Ray Whitney

Robert Lang

Sergei Fedorov

Slava Kozlov

Former Wings defensemen currently performing as well or better than Shanahan:

Mathieu Schneider

Anders Eriksson

Aaron Ward

Ward is not; he's been on IR for a while...... Rangers once again buy all the talent but it never comes together. Fedorov needs a foot in his keister, lots of games he's just going through the motions.

am I mis-reading something here, or did everyone else just completely gloss over the fact that the original post asked if he was an UFA NOW?!?!

He is under contract and playing for the Rangers until the end of the 07-08 season... THEN he will be an UFA and I'm pretty sure he will retire or take a HUGE pay cut, as the Rangers will not be able to afford him at the price he is at with that albatross of a deal Gomez got, not to mention Jagr AND Drury's insane deals... to be honest, I don't even think they're going to be able to retain Lundqvist... I honestly see him booking for a heftier contract

Keep in mind, not only Lundqvist is an UFA in 08-09 - They have a SLEW of contracts (Kasparitis, Rosival, Avery, Straka to name a few) ending and a few guys in that list will require a pay increase(some might be shipped out)...