• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
Hank Dats 'N Homer

What now?

Rate this topic

So what do the wings do now? Losing Bertuzzi was a crushing blow for me.

We have now lost:

Matty

Lang

Calder

Bertuzzi

Possibly Markov

Still now signing on hasek

Bootland

Possibly Hudler(to russia)

Stephen Liv

Meech

Langfeld

Hussey

We have gained ....

Rafalski

We have about 10 million give or take to play with.

What do we do?

Do we spend the money trying to resign some of our UFA and save the rest for the trade deadline?

Save all 10 million for the trade deadline?

Try and secure some free agesnt that might contribute to the team? If we do this who is left out there?

What about cammalerri from LA? Hall? Ray Emery? What do you guys think?

Are we doomed if we dont sign some people? Are we set with what we have? Whats going on?

we desperately, and i mean DESPERATELY need a top six forward. Thats gotta be priority number one. Yes, Lang had a terrible season but still had plenty of points and his +/- was great. We need to replace that. Our D is good for now, we just HAVE to sign a forward. Kozlov or Shanahan would be my top picks at this stage.

I wish I could find where, but I read some where that Kozlov turned down 3 years 10-12 from Florida. Do you think he wants out? or is he looking for more $$$?

we desperately, and i mean DESPERATELY need a top six forward. Thats gotta be priority number one. Yes, Lang had a terrible season but still had plenty of points and his +/- was great. We need to replace that. Our D is good for now, we just HAVE to sign a forward. Kozlov or Shanahan would be my top picks at this stage.

I would love Shanny, but what are the chances he comes back? What about Kozzie? Cammalleri? It sounds as though Holland is some how content with our team as of right now, and i dont get that. we have lost alot of players and yet somehow he thinks we are ok? I trust the man,but im a little shooken up as of now.

We have now lost:

Matty

Lang

Calder

Bertuzzi

Possibly Markov

Bootland

Stephen Liv

Langfeld

Hussey

I have highlighted the names who are actually worth anything.

As you can see, that's 3 out of 10. Schneider doesn't count, since Rafalski is a more then capable replacement. Bertuzzi is the biggest lose, and even that is small, considering he didn't do dick in his short time here. Markov being gone has the grit level go down, which is always a blow to this team, since that's always welcome. Calder was a hard worker, and I liked him here. The others are all either useless AHL scrubs or people who can't crack the Wings lineup, but might somewhere else.

You'll also notice I removed Meech and Hasek. Meech is still under contract. And Hasek is pretty a given to re-sign. So they have been taken off.

I would definately like to see a top 6 forward signed by October, hopefully sooner. Ideally a scorer with some grit and size (original thought right?).

haha very original, who do you like thats out there right now?

How many threads are there on this?

Obviously one more, but thanks for taking the time to respond.

please no Kozlov the wings need to add some grit!

whose out there with some grit right now?

I wish I could find where, but I read some where that Kozlov turned down 3 years 10-12 from Florida. Do you think he wants out? or is he looking for more $$$?

He's russian, could be a greed thing since they seem to go hand in hand these days.

There's a reason his (Lang's) plus/minus was decent-- he skated to the bench every single time he turned it over, leaving it to somebuddy to take the hit for his mistake.

Watch your DVRs, and 'ware always of stats.

Just sayin'.

haha very original, who do you like thats out there right now?

I keep thinking about Guerin.

6'2" 210lbs. He's decently powerful and tough.

Scored 36 goals, 56 points in the regular season. Only cost 2 mil.

Of course he was invisible in the playoffs, but maybe part of that was finding a role on the new team.

There's a reason his (Lang's) plus/minus was decent-- he skated to the bench every single time he turned it over, leaving it to somebuddy to take the hit for his mistake.

Watch your DVRs, and 'ware always of stats.

Just sayin'.

I never noticed but would not be suprised one bit haha

I wouldn't say that... I would guess that 4 million a year in Florida is equivalent to 2.5 million a year anywhere else. Or at least thats the hope.

He may want to win one more before the end of his career.

P.S.- Seems to me like Russians decline at age 35, or at least Russian forwards. An irrational fear, but still there for me.

Guest Crymson

So what do the wings do now? Losing Bertuzzi was a crushing blow for me.

We have now lost:

Matty

Lang

Calder

Bertuzzi

Possibly Markov

Still now signing on hasek

Bootland

Stephen Liv

Meech

Langfeld

Hussey

We have gained ....

Rafalski

We have about 10 million give or take to play with.

What do we do?

Do we spend the money trying to resign some of our UFA and save the rest for the trade deadline?

Save all 10 million for the trade deadline?

Try and secure some free agesnt that might contribute to the team? If we do this who is left out there?

What about cammalerri from LA? Hall? Ray Emery? What do you guys think?

Are we doomed if we dont sign some people? Are we set with what we have? Whats going on?

I figure I'll probably go grab some lunch pretty soon.

EDIT: I want Kenny to make offers for Vanek and Penner, and maybe Emery. Two out of the three. Anaheim, in particular, might have trouble matching our offer for Penner. However, Penner is a wildcard.. he could be great, and he might just end of not developing any further.

Edited by Crymson

I figure I'll probably go grab some lunch pretty soon.

EDIT: I want Kenny to make offers for Vanek and Penner, and maybe Emery. Two out of the three. Anaheim, in particular, might have trouble matching our offer for Penner. However, Penner is a wildcard.. he could be great, and he might just end of not developing any further.

Vanek and Emery.....would love that, i didnt know vanek was out there. How much he ganna cost us? what bout emery? Some say he was a fluke, would he cost alot?

Guest Crymson

MLive says that Kozlov has been offered $4m+ by Atlanta. Evidently Kozlov's agent, in line with the huge salaries being offered this summer, has upped his asking price.

Vanek and Emery.....would love that, i didnt know vanek was out there. How much he ganna cost us? what bout emery? Some say he was a fluke, would he cost alot?

Vanek, Emery and Penner are all RFAs. Considering the present UFA market, making offers to RFAs may be our next step.

MLive says that Kozlov has been offered $4m+ by Atlanta. Evidently Kozlov's agent, in line with the huge salaries being offered this summer, has upped his asking price.

Vanek, Emery and Penner are all RFAs. Considering the present UFA market, making offers to RFAs may be our next step.

I wouldn't mind seeing one or two of the RFA's that are out there play for the Wings , but the way "the new" NHL is now draft picks are just to valuable to give up IMO.

Honestly, I'm just fine with the Wings picking up a role second liner, and waiting until the deadline to pick up a top foward, and even another depth Dman if Markov doesn't pan out.

I'm with you Mac. I like what's going on. Most of those UFA we're overpaid. I'd rather get a roll player, let the kids play, and make a move at the deadline.

We're going to win the division again, I don't understand all the panic.