• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
MacK_Attack

Raycroft to Detroit?

Rate this topic

Guest DetroitIan

so was I, sweetie. ;)

I don't think Ozzie would have trouble as #1. I would worry more about the rest of the team than I would Ozzie.

I tend to agree... but don't have any facts to back that up.

Please tell me you're a girl. Cause there is something ultra-creepy about guy calling another dude sweetie. lol

Please tell me you're a girl. Cause there is something ultra-creepy about guy calling another dude sweetie. lol

Yes she is a female, no worries for you haha, I would of been creeped out though if another male called me that as well.

But your fine, shes a woman.

'n if she was nah a lass, would ye 'ave a problem wit' a bit o' scallywag love ;)

Guest jaytan

Putting money or time on Hasek now is forsaking the future. I don't think he's got it in him to win it in '08, and I know he'll be done by '09. Why is this even an issue? If they can discard Bert this easily, it bothers me that they can't tell Hasek to buzz off.

And the pirate talk is hard to read, but I just took the easy road and gave up trying to read it. :)

Putting money or time on Hasek now is forsaking the future. I don't think he's got it in him to win it in '08, and I know he'll be done by '09. Why is this even an issue? If they can discard Bert this easily, it bothers me that they can't tell Hasek to buzz off.

And the pirate talk is hard to read, but I just took the easy road and gave up trying to read it. :)

they didn't actually tell Bert to buzz off. He wanted too much money and too much time. Burke was willing to commit it and Kenny couldn't. I won't be too surprised to see Burke come out ahead on this one, much as that make me ill to say that. We re-habbed Bert and then sent him off to Duckieland.

I hope you're right, and they tell Dom to buzz off. I don't really want him back if he's going to be dissed all season. Rather see him retire. But you may have to face facts: the Red Wings want Dom back.

I just hope Dom's not weighing the facts and decided that the Wings won't make it to the shiny grail with the "scurvy crew" they have now in front of him. That's what he did when he came to Detroit in the first place; made a decision to leave the Sabres for a contender so he could win. No one much has mentioned that possibility. << sarcasm Just a nod to OsGod... aarrgghh~~

Not saying Dom is going elsewhere... he may just be... going. Perhaps the Raycroft thing was his idea, for all we know.

Edited by puckloo39

the point was Jay, that Holland didn't want to have to spend 4 mil to get another starting goaltender when Hasek could come cheap. The thing is, Hasek doesn't believe that after last year he SHOULD come cheap which I dont think Holland was really expecting. So now, if we can't sign him for 2 mil or below, we'll have to spend like god know's how much on another goalie and our hopes of signing another top six forward and another D man would fly out the window.

Edited by ShanahanMan

all over now, sources are saying we are trying to land Raycroft. Its not just a rumor anymore.

http://www.thefourthperiod.com/news/det070704.html

http://www.nhlline.ca/

That's the same source, NHLline cites fourthperiod as the source and the fourth period quotes the toronto star. It all stems from the star. The rumor is running rampant because people are in a fenzy over it.

That it be!

I didn' even catch th' name... th' OP said andrew... he sure it ain't Brad?

http://www.letsgowings.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=44365

yes, it is brad. we did not sign andrew.

on a completely different note, greg johnson is listed on our roster. is that room for concern, or is that just a formality since he might not ever have been properly released due to injury? just curious.

That's the same source, NHLline cites fourthperiod as the source and the fourth period quotes the toronto star. It all stems from the star. The rumor is running rampant because people are in a frenzy over it.

Because Toronto wants him to leave, or the Wings are desperate to get him? ;)

Since when do we actually consider the source, when fanning the flames of a rumor, eh? :lol:

Because Toronto wants him to leave, or the Wings are desperate to get him? ;)

Since when do we actually consider the source, when fanning the flames of a rumor, eh? :lol:

Here Here! Could it be that our despise for this rumor stems from our signature bars?

Here Here! Could it be that our despise for this rumor stems from our signature bars?

quite possibly. :lol:

I am starting a rumor that Hasek is not signing because he is concerned that the team will not be strong enough in front of him for even him to bail out on a consistent basis. Being the team player he has proved himself to be, he doesn't want to take Mr. I's money.

^^ I am pretty much kidding here. But, then again, to read through this forum, one would believe the Wings are going to be bottom feeders because they didn't pick up anyone of size or name-value. And here I thought we were pretty damned good to over-achieve to the point we did in the playoffs, what with injuries and all. :unsure:

Edited by puckloo39

Yes she is a female, no worries for you haha, I would of been creeped out though if another male called me that as well.

But your fine, shes a woman.

Whatever, sugar buns. :D

Edited by SinBinHockey

Guest DetroitIan

no fear, dear. I am female, and told that I am quite fetching in a Wing's jersey. :P

Anyone would look better with the sweet winged wheel. :P I will certainly have to check out the members picture thread and see if you chose wisely on which number jersey to get. :)

yes, it is brad. we did not sign andrew.

on a completely different note, greg johnson is listed on our roster. is that room for concern, or is that just a formality since he might not ever have been properly released due to injury? just curious.

Greg Johnson is still under contract, even though he has retired. That is why the roster still has him listed. He isn't going to come back and play next season, so don't worry about that.

Anyone would look better with the sweet winged wheel. :P I will certainly have to check out the members picture thread and see if you chose wisely on which number jersey to get. :)

take a wild guess whose jersey number I own? :hehe:

Greg Johnson is still under contract, even though he has retired. That is why the roster still has him listed. He isn't going to come back and play next season, so don't worry about that.

refresh my memory... didn't he have a health issue and didn't make it past the physicals last season?

This isnt even about Raycroft. WTF is up with Dom? Your injury prone , 42 , take your 2 million already. Stupid Rich Winter , he isnt worth 8 million anymore , HIS STATS are , but his body aint.

Raycroft? Hell no , hes horrible. Osgood could whoop his ass in terms of wins as a Maple Leaf , 37 for Raycroft? hell Ozzie could get 50

refresh my memory... didn't he have a health issue and didn't make it past the physicals last season?

I shall give ye all a hint... 'tis th' one win's jersey I shall ne'er owns... unless it comes cheap :P

Me believe heart issues

that's the johnson in question, indeed.

You know, the more I think about this, it's possible Dom won't re-sign with the Wings. He didn't pursue them after all, Kenny and the brass asked Dom to consider coming back, and then he had to go convince his family to stick with it and uproot their lives one more year. If the deal isn't right, or whatever the issue is, they'll go on back to Czech. Some of you will get your wish and Hasek will be gone. I would be OK with that, myself, as it is.