• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
wingsownnhl43

We need a forward

Rate this topic

Yes, I've gotta love the typical LGW response to a topic--that is, the typical response disagreeing with a poster who claims that the team has no hope.

I feel sorry for you if you feel that posts espousing hope are somehow wrong.

You clearly have your opinion that we'll lose.. so just shut it and watch the Blue Jackets.

You're funny :hehe: They should hire you to be on Coach's Corner with Don Cherry.

I think I'm gonna go watch the Blue Jackets...

Edited by evil204

You clearly have your opinion that we'll lose.. so just shut it and watch the Blue Jackets.

I know you dislike fan negativity, but I don't see how saying something like this is much better than what you're railing against. We're all Wings fans here -- some are just more vocal about the team's perceived weaknesses. As for the thread topic...

Yes, we need a forward. Or two. That none of have been brought in so far is a little unsettling, but I'm sure they'll come eventually.

In the meantime, we can make jokes about Holland. :thumbup:

Guest Crymson

Gotta realise he responds to many posts in this fashion - not just yours alone...Just take what he says with a grain of salt :rolleyes:

Taking something "with a grain of salt" means to avoid committing to the veracity of a said something. That doesn't fit to this situation.

While you're listening, why don't you try insulting me to my face instead of doing it at an angle?

It won't be 4 first round picks because we do not have enough cap room to offer that much $$$. The compensation you recieve is based on how much the offer is. It would likely be 2 first rounders, a second, and a third. Pretty steep price still...

It would be interesting to see the their issues forced with Penner by some team. (like below cap Nashville)

If they don't get their Neidermayer and Selanne situations straight he might be had for just under 3 mil (1st and 3rd Rounders). Downside though is that the Ducks get a week to respond.

I don't understand why everyone is so upset about Bertuzzi and Schneider in Anaheim.

Bertuzzi is a SIGNIFICANT DOWNGRADE from Selanne.

Schneider is a SIGNIFICANT DOWNGRADE from Niedermayer.

So Anaheim has gotten worse, as a team.

Now, compare with Detroit.

Rafalski is a SIGNIFICANT UPGRADE over Schneider.

Bertuzzi was a nonfactor in the playoffs and basically did not play in the regular season.

Calder was a healthy scratch many nights inthe playoffs, and did nothing when he was in the lineup. Not enough regular season games to be a factor.

Lang was horrid in the playoffs and his offensive contribution will be easily replaced by guys like Hudler, Filppula, and Grigorenko. Addition by subtraction.

So basically, Detroit nearly beat Anaheim with Schneider out of the lineup. ANd now, Anaheim has gotten worse while Detroit has gotten better. Anaheim replaced their best player with a guy the Wings upgraded on. Anaheim had two of the three best defensemen on the ice in the series. Were that series played with current rosters, that advantage belongs to Detroit.

With Anaheim and Detroit making the moves they did, Detroit is, right now, the league's best team. Assuming Hudler, Kopecky, Filppula, and Grigorenko are all on the regular roster, and Quincey is the 7th defenseman, the Wings are the best team on paper.

It would be interesting to see the their issues forced with Penner by some team. (like below cap Nashville)

If they don't get their Neidermayer and Selanne situations straight he might be had for just under 3 mil (1st and 3rd Rounders). Downside though is that the Ducks get a week to respond.

vangvace, your sig speaks so much truth. Mind if I copy it onto a memo and send it to Ken Holland?

vangvace, your sig speaks so much truth. Mind if I copy it onto a memo and send it to Ken Holland?

go right ahead. Memo? I've been working on a book since '99 :lol:

northstar, id love to be able to get a Dustin Penner. He'd be perfect to get back at Burke for nabbing Bertuzzi. Even if we offered a 5 year 20-24 million dollar contract, i feel Penner would play to it. My only concern would be the compensation. How many firsts would we have to give up?

Thanks for being courteous in your response to my idea. My idea was to use trade bait, not draft picks, that I honestly believe Holland is very dedicated to not giving up anyway, at least not first rounders. One poster said we could debate this for days, and he is right about that, no question. Isn't that the purpose of a thread, though? :unsure:

I have been reading the "ducks fan forum" and LA Times links to get a feel for what the opposition is thinking, and I concluded that whether Selanne and/or Niedermeyer come back is what is driving Burke absolutely crazy. He knows Penner is a "gem" just not polished enough yet, he wants to win the cup again, one more year with those vets and he stands a good chance, if they get past the wings :D

So, what I was saying was go after him when Burke is against the wall when one of those vets or better yet both decide to come back for one more year. I get the impression Penner is wanting his just due and is very receptive to an offer, especially from a team like the Red Wings.

As far as trade bait is concerned, I am not sure who I would want to give up. Thats why appealed to the general forum for ideas.

Any ideas, guys and gals??? ;)

go right ahead. Memo? I've been working on a book since '99 :lol:

Hey, Ken Holland's a businessman. Memo's are his laungage. Anything outside of that might be considered too personal, and he'll probably s*** himself.

Guest Crymson

is Boyd Deveraux still in the league?

:hehe:

He's under contract to the Leafs.

He did have quite a good season, actually. 19 points in 33 games with a +4.

You're welcome to do that, if you'd like to be a total d-bag.

Oh, well. I guess you know best.

Edited by Crymson

You're welcome to do that, if you'd like to be a total douchebag.

Oh, well. I guess you know best.

Way to be one yourself and completely miss the joke.

You're one to talk. You make some ******* comment at just about what everyone says here. You're not a mod, nor an admin. You don't have a say over what people can and cannot say, so stop acting like you do.

Edited by Kp-Wings

Guest Crymson

Way to be one yourself and completely miss the joke.

You're one to talk. You make some ******* comment at just about what everyone says here. You're not a mod, nor an admin. You don't have a say over what people can and cannot say, so stop acting like you do.

My dear boy: if I thought I had the say you claim I think I do, I'd have threatened to ban you long ago.

Edited by Crymson

My dear boy: if I thought I had the say you claim I think I do, I'd have threatened to ban you long ago.

Over what? Because I don't think Ken Holland is the best GM in the entire history of pro sports like everyone else here does?

Obviously we have a disagreement on how the team should be built, so let's just leave it at that.

Edited by Kp-Wings

Guest Crymson

Over what? Because I don't think Ken Holland is the best GM in the entire history of pro sports like everyone else here does?

Obviously we have a disagreement on how the team should be built, so let's just leave it at that.

Disagreements I am fine with; insults and panic I do not like much.

Nice sig; it's full of all sorts of things that are wrong with the Wings. Does it ever strike you that you're perhaps more than a bit spoiled if you've got such exclusively bad things to say about the single best hockey team over the last decade?

Edited by Crymson

Nice sig; it's full of all sorts of things that are wrong with the Wings. Does it ever strike you that you're perhaps more than a bit spoiled if you've got such exclusively bad things to say about the single best hockey team over the last decade?

Glad it got your attention.

I'm not spoiled. What do you want me to say though? Come out and completely lie about how I feel the way the team is right now?

Unlike many, I do not feel this team is "ok and in good shape". As usual, the Wings have no second line to speak. I understand they went all of last season with useless Lang playing with Williams and Bertuzzi, who also both sucked, and it didn't make a difference. But with the amount of non-playoff teams in the west all making these big signings and becoming competitive, it worries me that our second line is going to consist of 3 rookies, none of which are even above 6 feet tall.

You can say what you want about the Central being a cake walk, but that will not the case. That's a not stab at Holland either. That's a plus to St. Louis Blues management for signing Paul Kariya, and along with a heapful of good draft picks, making that team a playoff contender. Hey, we all have our own opinions of things. You may not think St. Louis is a playoff team, but I do.

It's the same thing with the Wings. I certainly believe this team will make the playoffs. But how far will they go? With this current grouping of forwards, being one great line of Zetterberg-Datsyuk-Holmstrom, and nothing much after that. Cleary is the only expierenced one left who could put up decent points. I'm sorry, but I don't like the fact that our 2nd line is going to consist of 3 rookies. That just doesn't do it for me.

Guest Crymson

Glad it got your attention.

I'm not spoiled. What do you want me to say though? Come out and completely lie about how I feel the way the team is right now?

Unlike many, I do not feel this team is "ok and in good shape". As usual, the Wings have no second line to speak. I understand they went all of last season with useless Lang playing with Williams and Bertuzzi, who also both sucked, and it didn't make a difference. But with the amount of non-playoff teams in the west all making these big signings and becoming competitive, it worries me that our second line is going to consist of 3 rookies, none of which are even above 6 feet tall.

You can say what you want about the Central being a cake walk, but that will not the case. That's a not stab at Holland either. That's a plus to St. Louis Blues management for signing Paul Kariya, and along with a heapful of good draft picks, making that team a playoff contender. Hey, we all have our own opinions of things. You may not think St. Louis is a playoff team, but I do.

It's the same thing with the Wings. I certainly believe this team will make the playoffs. But how far will they go? With this current grouping of forwards, being one great line of Zetterberg-Datsyuk-Holmstrom, and nothing much after that. Cleary is the only expierenced one left who could put up decent points. I'm sorry, but I don't like the fact that our 2nd line is going to consist of 3 rookies. That just doesn't do it for me.

I'm so very sorry that Holland has so disappointed you. I'm sure he feels like such a total failure. After all, pleasing you was surely his first priority. You've definitely got every right to feel totally robbed and shortchanged, as you didn't get the powerful second line you had the self-given, deserved right to.

My goodness. He's such a failure. You got backstabbed.

I'm so very sorry that Holland has so disappointed you. I'm sure he feels like such a total failure. After all, pleasing you was surely his first priority. You've definitely got every right to feel totally robbed and shortchanged, as you didn't get the powerful second line you had the self-given, deserved right to.

My goodness. He's such a failure. You got backstabbed.

Yeah, that's sure how it is. Just how you feel this 2nd line is going to carry the team to the Cup finals, right?

I believe your sig is right on......"caustic"......, I agree with you a fair amount of the time, just not how you react to some posters emotional posts with even more emotional posts.

Pot calling kettle black isn't it?? :unsure:

northstar, id love to be able to get a Dustin Penner. He'd be perfect to get back at Burke for nabbing Bertuzzi. Even if we offered a 5 year 20-24 million dollar contract, i feel Penner would play to it. My only concern would be the compensation. How many firsts would we have to give up?

Petr Cajanek, Mike Comrie, Pavol Demitra, Jean-Pierre Dumont, Sergei Federov, Ruslan Fedotenko, Dany Heatley, Jochen Hecht, Robert Holik, Tomas Holstrom, Chris Kunitz, Daymond Langkow, David Legwand, Marian Hossa, Patrick Marleau, Brendan Morrison, Ladislav Nagy, Markus Naslund, Owen Nolan, Vaclav Prospal, Mark Recchi, Gary Roberts, Brian Rolston, Steve Rucchin, Martin Rucinsky, Joe Sakic, Miroslav Satan, Cory Stillman, Martin Straka, Mats Sundin, David Vyborny and Doug Weight.

I just straight copied that list of FAs from Spector's blog and some of the people might not be available when the time comes, but I'd still say that next year will offer MUCH better players than this year. Including some fun people like Heatley, Hossa, some unsignables like Sakic and Sundin aaaaaaaaaand FEDOROV.