• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
Hank

Getting Excited for the puck to drop!

Rate this topic

I know a lot of people are bummed about our lack of movement or who we chose to pick up.

But I'm really looking forward to this season.

Here's why:

- Zetts establishing himself as one of the top 10 players in the league (has potential for a 100 point season).

- Seeing what Grigs is made of. Is he a bust or a 25 goal scoring rookie.

- Hudler's continued rise in the ranks. I really think this kid is a 30 goal scorer if given the right minutes and linemates.

- More smashmouth type hockey. After this years playoffs, I think a lot of the Wings realise they can be just as physical, or more so than a lot of the teams in the West. I look forward to watching guys like Franzen, Drake, Cleary, Malts and Drapes running guys through boards.

- What Rafalski is going to do for our PP. I think this guy is going to make Holland look like a genius. He's a very smart player.

- Watching Howard on a few occasions in the bigs. I hope he shows the he's ready for the '08 season.

- Picking up that coveted power forward at the deadline.

- A renewed rivalry with the Blues.

- Watching someone physically pummel the DJ for playing "What's Going On?" or "Open Up Your Eyes" for the 100,000th time.

Guest Agalloch

I agree with all that except for the very first thing. Most people I've talked to that either love, hate, or are indifferent to the Wings already believe Zetterberg is a top ten player in the league, if not top five.

I started getting nervous when we lost all those players, but now with Rafalski and Drake on the team, I feel we've upgraded. I've also gotten the impression that we've got at least two more people to sign. I'm getting a summer 01 feeling again, so I'm really excited. Watching the Wings was much more entertaining last year than usual, and I expect the grittiness and confidence to grow. I'm also really excited tos ee if our young guys can keep up their development, or if they were one year wonders.

Also looking forward to Datsyuk and Zetterberg both playing with new confidence after they saw they could be the league's best players.

I am definitely getting excited for the Wings to start there season. It was so nice to see them finally get out of the 1st round last year, and I think the Wings will be right there again this year. This offseason has been interesting, some say bad signings, some say good. For me I have put my trust in Ken Holland and I believe that he knows what he is doing and will make a pretty big trade like he did last season (Bertuzzi) to help our chances in the playoffs. As of right now our lineup for 07-08 looks like this:

Zetterberg Datsyuk Holmstrom Lidstrom Kronwall

Cleary Filppula Samuelsson Rafalski Lilja

Hudler Franzen Kopecky Chelios Lebda

Drake Draper Maltby

Not a bad looking lineup from top to bottom. I'm hoping we add a Yashin/Forsberg/Fedorov to our 2nd line, which I have a strong feeling we will.

I get more and more excited everytime I look at the roster!!!

I think Cleary-Franzen-Drake could be a great tough and physical 4th line that has the ability to score goals as well.

Samuelsson can take a seat too, I wanna see Kopecky in the line-up, although that is unlikely to happen...

Filppula - Datsyuk - Holmstrom

Hudler - Zetterberg - Grigorenko

Maltby- Draper - Kopecky

Cleary - Franzen - Drake

Samuelsson

Lidstrom - Lilja

Rafalski - Kronwall

Lebda - Chelios

Quincey

Hasek

Osgood

Edited by WhiteLightning91

Good points. I'm hoping Zetterberg can stay healthy, because I think he can put up 100 points if he does. I also think Hudler will score 25-35 goals if given regular minutes. I'm looking forward to seeing Filppula in a regular role too. I'm excited to see if Grigorenko can play in this league. I agree with you about Rafalski, I think he's going to absolutely flourish in the Wings' system. It's perfect for the game he plays.

Guest Canadian Wings

I get more and more excited everytime I look at the roster!!!

I think Cleary-Franzen-Drake could be a great tough and physical 4th line that has the ability to score goals as well.

Samuelsson can take a seat too, I wanna see Kopecky in the line-up, although that is unlikely to happen...

Filppula - Datsyuk - Holmstrom

Hudler - Zetterberg - Grigorenko

Maltby- Draper - Kopecky

Cleary - Franzen - Drake

Samuelsson

Lidstrom - Lilja

Rafalski - Kronwall

Lebda - Chelios

Quincey

Hasek

Osgood

u take a 45+ point producer out of our line up and add kopecky? smart move :thumbup:

Zetterberg - Datsyuk - Holmstrom

Samuelsson - Filpulla - Grigorenko

Maltby- Draper - Cleary

Franzen - Hudler - Drake

Kopecky

Lidstrom - Kronwall

Rafalski - Lilja

Lebda - Chelios

Quincey

Hasek

Osgood

Guest Canadian Wings

Can't wait til' Z gets injured and Holland realizes how trash our lineup really is (if he doesnt add some scoring touch)...

Can't wait til' Z gets injured and Holland realizes how trash our lineup really is (if he doesnt add some scoring touch)...

I like how you can't wait for our future to get injured. Maybe you should think before you spam any more of your drivel on this board.