• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
Swayze

Chelios #64 ?

Rate this topic

In an article about Kronwall and Rafalski (here), I noticed something possibly odd. Check it out:

IPB Image

So...

- Do we have some prospect also named Chelios that I don't know of? (since this was taken during prospects camp)

- Is Cheli changing his number because Rafalski / Drake / Kopecky is gonna take #24?

- Did someone pull an age prank on Cheli?

...so yeah, what do you guys think?

How cool must it be for Dean to get to take part in an NHL prospect camp. The kid has been playing at wings camps for a couple of years. That must be pretty sweet and a ton of fun for him.

Lucky Kid

Not to mention, he is using an Reebok helmet.

Ol' granpa is hip with the times. Next you'd see Chris abandoning the old shoulder pads, putting on a stylish halffie, and wearing some Bauer xxx gloves.

Ol' granpa is hip with the times. Next you'd see Chris abandoning the old shoulder pads, putting on a stylish halffie, and wearing some Bauer xxx gloves.

With Ovechkin-like mirrored finish?

I heard the Wings gave Dean his daddy's locker. Kinda cool! :)

They interviewed him the other day on TV - it was wierd seeing a Wings sweater with "D. Chelios" and "64" on the back. Maybe he'll be drafted by the Wings and Chris can play long enough so Dean can play with his daddy. LOL

Dean played for Cranbrook, one of the better high school teams in Michigan, for the last few years. I haven't heard if he's playing junior anywhere next year.

USHL Cedar Rapids or w/e its called

I don't know how much he's like his dad - he's a forward - but here's a blurb about him from WXYZ-TV's report from the prospect camp -

Undrafted forward Dean Chelios says that it's amazing to play at the Joe, all the players at camp are great players with great skill, and it's a bit intimidating, but the players have been good to him, so he's gotten over the intimidation factor, and he's been lucky in that he's been in the environment before, so the other players don't know the training staff and management, which is an advantage for him;

He's graduated from high school, he's going to play for the Cedar Rapids RoughRiders of the USHL, and then he'd like to go to a Division I school and go pro from there. He's asked what he can do in the USHL to distinguish himself to organizations like Michigan and Wisconsin, and he's been told to improve his skating a little bit, but mostly to fill out, gain 10-15 pounds while improving his strength

Link to the whole piece - WXYZ reports from prospect camp

IMO it sounds like he just needs to get a little more experience and gain some size. The USHL will be a good place for him to do that. Besides, it never hurts to have your dad giving you advice on hockey, especially when your dad is Chris Chelios. :)

If I remember correctly from the spotlight I think it was of him, he said Dean was more like Datsyuk and like to finess the puck while his other son was more like him and liked to get in the scrum. I may have mixed those two up however.