• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
BeeRYCE

Favourite Moment of the 06/07 Regular Season?

Rate this topic

The playoffs were talked about alot on here, but not the season. What was your favourite moment?

The only thing I'm thinking of is the Zetterberg hat trick, and Jason Williams getting traded. What was yours?

Zetterberg scored a hatrick?

i don't remember that.

edit: found it..vs Phoenix...weird that i don't remember it at all

my favourite moment has to be Datsyuk's goal against Dallas when Z passed is between his legs to him. That capped that amazing month for the two when they were utterly unstoppable. Z got injured soon after...

other faves:

Lebda going coast to coast against LA.

Markov's edmonton hit leading to Datsyuk's goal.

Lids finally getting #200

Steve Yzerman retirement game

The pain train and his fights

Hasek getting pised against NJ

Edited by Cicada

Yzerman retirement comes to mind

When we finally pulled away from Nashville to claim the best record in the Central...and West of course.

Lidstrom getting the C was cool

Dom and Berts first games, respectively. I was glued to the TV at least a half hour before to make sure I didn't miss a second lol.

Thats all I can think of though for now...kinda late lol

The playoffs were talked about alot on here, but not the season. What was your favourite moment?

The only thing I'm thinking of is the Zetterberg hat trick, and Jason Williams getting traded. What was yours?

I have to respond with Sharks moments... and they are both fights.

After the 8-0 loss against Phoenix that turned the Sharks season around, it seemed that the addition of Davidson and Murray (both of whom are replacing Hannan this year BTW) filled in a "hole". That being we wouldn't stand up for ourselves and play physical. It really gets old when your team is said to be a cup contender on paper, even by sports writers, then blow it. Of course that's what happened when we played the Wings in the playoffs... and it's still a mystery why we just fizzled out the way we did.

So... the first memorable moment was when we next met the Coyotes and beat them (which shouldn't be a hard feat to accomplish anyways), but also didn't let them push us around, especially after Comrie took his run at one of our players.

The second moment is similar and happened near the end of the playoff run with Nashville, and was a response to all of the dirty hitting, including an injury to Cheechoo and a boarding hit to Bernier, amongst others. I was so glad to see this series end without major injury... NAS was such a disgrace to watch.

Favorite Wing's moment?

Cleary's amazing season, and Ozzie owning the Predators. Markov's hit on Stoll. That hit was A-M-A-Z-I-N-G and the fact that it led to the great goal by Dats is even more amazing. Not sure if anyone knows but they ranked the top 10 hits of this season and Markov's hit was at #3. :clap:

Also, Hank's hatty was great! and Pavs sick as hell move on Vokoun in the shootout.

The second moment is similar and happened near the end of the playoff run with Nashville, and was a response to all of the dirty hitting, including an injury to Cheechoo and a boarding hit to Bernier, amongst others. I was so glad to see this series end without major injury... NAS was such a disgrace to watch.

Favorite Wing's moment?

Most definitely agree about the Preds!

Love the Wings moment you posted. Another reason why Sharks fans are the best and our faves. lol

Edited by HockeyCrazy3033

all great memories, the one, actually 2 that I will remember are rd 2 against the sharks when it was all but over then a streaking Robert Lang tied it up, folowed by a Schnider blast in OT to give the Wings a win. when we won that game i started thinking "stanley". there were a lot of good memories, good pot topic to. hopefully 07 will bring a lot more

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XuFEp6_fXqE

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3g8hxZJOwQk

Edited by sticknmove

Guest jaytan

I hardly got to see a damn minute of the Wings' regular season (I think NBC showed one afternoon game really late in the season, and we lost), so I don't have much to offer here.

I did like the Ottawa-Buffalo brawl.

Mine has to be the shootout against Colorado when Datsyuk and Zetterberg pulled off their amazing moves and made Budaj look like a peewee.

I can't find Datsyuk's but i know it happened.

Here's Zetterberg's

Edited by Dano33

all great memories, the one, actually 2 that I will remember are rd 2 against the sharks when it was all but over then a streaking Robert Lang tied it up, folowed by a Schnider blast in OT to give the Wings a win. when we won that game i started thinking "stanley". there were a lot of good memories, good pot topic to. hopefully 07 will bring a lot more

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XuFEp6_fXqE

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3g8hxZJOwQk

Regular season pal, regular season.

Dom coming out almostt half way to the blue line and knocking over a Chicago Blackhawks player (#14)

Beating the Leafs 5-1 and watching all of the cocky Leafs fans in the rows next to me go from being annoying and loud to completely silent and sad.

Bootland and Tootoo going at it.

Beating Nashville two nights in a row and finally putting them back in their place.

Going to the Yzerman Jersey Retirement

Zetterberg's rediculous pass to Datsyuk

Edited by Lovin Jiri Fischer

Dom coming out almostt half way to the blue line and knocking over a Chicago Blackhawks player (I think Samsonov)

Considering Samsonov has yet to play a game with the Hawks, you must be psychic ;)

Bootland and Tootoo going at it.

I think the fact a fight that didnt even happen makes a list shows how much we need a fighter!

Considering Samsonov has yet to play a game with the Hawks, you must be psychic ;)

Yeah I don't think it was him. It was #14 and I didn't remember his name so I thought it was him, but it's not the same #14 as last year.

I think the fact a fight that didnt even happen makes a list shows how much we need a fighter!

Guest Crymson

Cleary's hat trick against Columbus and Lillja's scrum against Moen, amongst many others (a large portion of which have already been mentioned here).

Mine has to be the shootout against Colorado when Datsyuk and Zetterberg pulled off their amazing moves and made Budaj look like a peewee.

I can't find Datsyuk's but i know it happened.

Here's Zetterberg's

Since I don't get to see most Red Wings regular season games, my favourite moment is kind of limited, so it's sort of a no brainer for me. The Yzerman retirement ceremony. The game afterwards was one of the most boring I watched all season, but the ceremony was awesome.

I have a couple of moments though that don't involve the Wings:

1) That EDM - DAL game where Stefan had the empty net on a breakaway and fell down, and Edmonton took the puck back up the ice and scored with a second left. Then I believe the Oilers ended up winning in a shootout.

2) The NJ - NYI game at the very end of the season. This one was exciting for me because I was at my uncle's place with a bunch of family members who were all Leaf fans. Toronto needed NJ to win to make the playoffs. They were down 2-1 I believe in the 3rd and I can't remember exactly, but I'm pretty sure NJ tied it up with a couple of seconds left. Then the game went to a shootout, and the Isles ended up winning, but it was really exciting. I would have loved to see a Leafs/Sabres series.

I know this is playoffs....but the Cleary hit on Phaneuf...that was priceless...plus we scored

Best. Play. of the Year.

It was an even better goal-scoring turnaround than Markov and Dats. The other play that comes to mind is a shootout goal by Pavel, but I forget who it was or what team. Dats had the guy looking the total other direction while he flipped the puck past him left side. San Jose? Chicago? Dallas?