• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
MacK_Attack

New Leafs Jersey

Rate this topic

IPB Image

This is the jersey the Leafs will unveil in a few hours (3pm).

Horizontal striping on the bottom is gone, TML logo on the shoulders gone, silver around letters and numbers gone.

Home jersey is exactly the same as the one above with the blue and white reversed.

They will unveil later today, but weren't the rookies already wearing the jersey?

Edit, I take that back, I went and looked at pictures from a game against Pittsburgh, the Penguins were wearing their new jerseys, but the Leafs were wearing their old ones.

Edited by toby91_ca

Replace the patch on the bottom (throw up a bit in my mouth every time I see it on these Edge Jerseys) and replace it with the stripes and you have a sale.

Until then, I will keep wearing my blue #29 Potvin Jersey.

Edited by OsGOD

Is it just me or does the top look photoshopped

It is photoshopped.

The Leafs faxed out pictures of the jerseys to all the local media on the condition that they not show it until after 3pm today.

All the media could comment on were the changes, so somebody went ahead and created the image above based on those changes.

The only one that isn't clear is the laces in the front, they may or may not be there, but everything else is accurate of what the jersey will look like.

It is photoshopped.

The Leafs faxed out pictures of the jerseys to all the local media on the condition that they not show it until after 3pm today.

All the media could comment on were the changes, so somebody went ahead and created the image above based on those changes.

The only one that isn't clear is the laces in the front, they may or may not be there, but everything else is accurate of what the jersey will look like.

That "somebody" should be given a GOOD look by the wings brass because they have more talent in their pinky finger than the entire braintrust that designed this:

IPB Image

Disregard my "amature" attempt at painting in some humo. The background is more what I am talking about :)

This is the jersey the Leafs will unveil in a few hours (3pm).

Horizontal striping on the bottom is gone, TML logo on the shoulders gone, silver around letters and numbers gone.

Home jersey is exactly the same as the one above with the blue and white reversed.

Beautiful. Simple and back to the basics. With a logo like that a simple jersey is so much better.

I think it's too plain...it needs the bottom double stripe. It does look like a practice jersey. Also, they should have taken the opportunity to go back to the old-style logo like they had on their thirds last year IMO.

Guest jaytan

Wow, they updated worse than Detroit did! I get to go back to being a Wings fan, I suppose. :D

There's simple and then there's just lazy and boring. If they didn't want any horizontal stripes for whatever reason, they should have jazzed up the sleeves more (like with those multi-stripes they used to use, or with the Winnipeg Jets stripes they had for a while). These are pathetic.

like this new jersey a lot. I don't know what happened this year with all these weird jerseys. The sharks jersey is awful and I forget which one had a two flags on the shoulders, the Flames I believe we just goofy looking. I also don't like the Canucks jerseys with Vancouver above the logo to much stuff cramped on the front.

this jersey is clean and true to tradition good for the Leafs.

Excellent, excellent job, Leafs!!! I would have liked to see them keep the double bottom stripe but I can say I am very pleased to see they didn't succumb to the vertical striping and colorblocking so many other teams have.

Good job!! :clap::thumbup:

It looks good. They could have implemented more blue into the jersey as a whole, but I also really like the "less is more" approach.

Guest jaytan

Maybe blue shoulders could help. I think they should have just gone with an adaptation of the throwback third jersey they'd been wearing (the ones they wore in the '02 playoffs). Those were classy. These are blase.

The jersies look good, they just need something to decipher from jersey and shorts on the blue... getting rid of the bottom stripes could be a bad thing.