• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
auxlepli

Penguins getting soaked

Rate this topic

Yeah but everybody is 12% faster so there's no advantage - except faster hockey. That should be the NHL slogan this year - "Bringing you 12% faster hockey this season!"

Yup and from what I've seen you can see it visually too. Ottawa's players looked like flags in a storm when the were skating.

Guest GordieSid&Ted

Yup and from what I've seen you can see it visually too. Ottawa's players looked like flags in a storm when the were skating.

Well, all things change. I suppose if I wanted to wear a jersey in public then the new ones would be nicer as they are slimmer and you don't look like you're walking around with a bed sheet on. But that's about it for me. Players aren't dumb. Recchi's been at this a long time and I'll take his word for it. Are the "changes" players are going to have to make a big deal? Probably not. But for the kid who needs to buy skates and gloves and new socks at twice the rate going to think its no big deal? Maybe, but i'm betting his parents won't.

Hence the reason nothing will change. This isn't accidental. All the glove companies, the skate companies, etc....stand to clean up on this. Do they care if your skates break down faster now? Nope. Why? Because all skates are going to break down faster now so there's no difference except people will be going to the register more often. CHA CHING!

What I find funny is that some players are already requesting jerseys 2x larger because they hate the slim look.

I bet in 2 years, things will the look the same they did before.

If they wanted to go to a new jersey that wicks sweat, why didnt they look at soccer jerseys? Again I totally think this a cooked up buttman scheme to sell more merchandise. I have felt the new jerseys and they remind me of polyester tube tops. Thats hardly the feeling you can enjoy. The should just call the nhl nfl jr, and maybe stern will create a jersey that creates 12% less fouls lol. Bring back classic sweaters

I'm sure being soaked with sweat all the time is a really pleasant feeling, and of course it has to smell really good in the locker room after a game. *sarcasm* :puke:

Seriously, though, did they not think that maybe these guys might actually perspire just a tad when they are physically exerting themselves to the degree professional athletes do while playing their games?

And I think the players are smart in ordering the sweaters 2 sizes larger - first of all, with the pads and everything on they looked like stuffed sausages. Secondly, they look really uncomfortable in those sweaters, like they are too small.

Guest Yzer19

It just goes to show how much Bettman and the people at Reebok know and care about hockey. Have any of these suits ever played this game or any other game besides hopscotch or croquet?

Good point. Did they even have the players test them first to see if they liked them? I'm guessing probably not because they don't care about the players opinions, they just want to make money.

This is like David Stern changing the ball on the players last year.

Just because you are the commish doesn't mean you know what is best for the players.

Rule changes are one thing, but equipment changes should have to have player reps from each team try out the new equipment and give a review.

Hearing guys say that they can't get the sweat off of them is a bad thing.

This is not an ad for under armour but I will try to make a little sense for you here:

I wore under armour (before the knee injury last fall) under or for my soccer, workout, and volleyball clothes all of the time. Wicks away moisture and is very comfortable.

My point: I was playing in a league and some one needed a sub, I had to wear a cotton T-shirt because my under armour was the wrong color. My shirt got so heavy from sweat that the weight of it was noticeable. The shirt became very uncomfortable and saggy.

Honestly I didn't play as well. Now some of that may have been being tired, but I have played in many all day tournaments and one or two matches a day has never slowed me down before.

Back to the point, I am an amateur athlete, no where near professional level. Plus I am talking about Volleyball and as much as I love the sport it is not the same work as hockey.

These guys will absolutely hate these jersey in a week or less if this is how they work.

Not when they are carrying 12% more moisture on their jerseys.

I thought it was originally 8% faster from the league. Maybe I was wrong!

Either way that has to be one of the funniest reasons to change equipment!!!