Sign in to follow this  
Elshupacabra

Hasek may miss Wednesday's game

Rate this topic

http://www.mlive.com/redwings/

Hasek's knee sore, Osgood might start

by Ansar Khan

Tuesday October 09, 2007, 2:56 PM

Update from practice Tuesday: Goaltender Dominik Hasek practiced but said he doesn't know if he'll play Wednesday against Calgary because of a bruise above his right kneecap. He was hit by a shot late in the third period of Monday's game and he said it was still sore. Chris Osgood might get his first start of the season Wednesday. Mike Babcock said there were no other injuries that he's aware of. Babcock said he hadn't decided what line combinations he'll use and whether he'll keep Henrik Zetterberg and Pavel Datsyuk on the same line.

Porbably just a bruise, he'll be fine. I banged my knee on my desk yesterday, and it still hurts. ;)

I think Harold called it last night in the GDT, when Dom got hit and was favoring that leg a bit.

It will be nice to see Ozzie out there, too.

Hasek shouldn't start the game anyway. I'm all for Hasek getting more rest than he did last season. Babs even said he started Dom more than he wanted to, but had no other alternative with Ozzie going out for as long as he did. A healthy Dom in the playoffs is my number one concern, not him playing a 3/4 share of the regular season games.

Speaking of getting hit last night Rolly got stunned pretty good from the sammy shot, didn't look like a rocket of a shot, but I am not saying that doesn't mean it didn't hurt like a bastard/

Does he not wear a collarbone pad, I notice shortly afterwards they showed Dom and he has a red protector that covers his collarbone area. Is that pad that constrictive that a guy would bypass wearing it?

gotta love how Hasek being hurt turns into a celebration around here. :blink:

I dont think anyone is celebrating Hasek being hurt. I for one hope that he is okay and is able to just take a game off and get back in there. But, we have Ozzie too. He is a great goalie and he needs a chance to get in there and get some playing time too.

I thought I saw him get hurt a bit last night. Right as they were going to commercial, Hasek stayed down and kept flexing his right leg in and out.

Then when they got back from commercial he was fine and the announcers never mentioned it.

I didn't seem him take a puck to the knee, but I'd rather it be that. I was afraid he had tweaked his groin, because he kept sliding his leg out and back in, flexing the groin, instead of straightening it out like you would to flex your knee.

Sipple: Who do you marvel at more, Hasek or Chris Chelios?

Bowman: Well, Chelios is a special guy. He trains so hard. I knew he could play in his 40s. I was concerned when the new NHL came in, but he's adapted so well. He'll play because he knows the game, and you can't beat his conditioning. Hasek, he's fortunate to be on a team that knows how to play good defense.

yeah no kidding....i mean i see where he is coming from but any goalie is better with a team who knows how to play defense. Big deal

I mean look at luongo, judged the second coming of jesus in net, has let in 2+ goals each game, and has no defense.

Theres a reason hockey is a team sport

yeah no kidding....i mean i see where he is coming from but any goalie is better with a team who knows how to play defense. Big deal

I mean look at luongo, judged the second coming of jesus in net, has let in 2+ goals each game, and has no defense.

Theres a reason hockey is a team sport

Canucks have a great defense.

all you need is a team who knows how to force shooters to shoot low... cause thats the domain of the snow angle of death! :lol:

GO OZZIE!

Doesn't sound too bad, and I really hope it doesn't become worse. Still I'd rather see Ozzie tomorrow night, because of Hasek's 2.21 GAA and .887 save percentatge. It's only been three games, but those stats seem substandard for Hasek.