• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
MacK_Attack

Eric Lindros Retires

Rate this topic

Guest DetroitIan

Oh wow. I really did not see that coming. I thought Lindros had a little more left in the tank. All in all, a somewhat disappointing career for a guy who was once touted as the next "great one". And him leading a young Flyers squad to the Stanley Cup Finals in '97. Ever since then, he has never returned to the finals. I would have liked to seen him play one more year. But I guess every player knows when it's time to hang em up. And it was his time.

That had been rumored for some time now so no surprise really. He'll go down as the biggest bust in NHL history.

He did win a Hart Trophy and was the most dominate player in the game in the mid-to-late 90s.

I don't think he's in Alexandre Daigle territory.

Edited by MacK_Attack

That had been rumored for some time now so no surprise really. He'll go down as the biggest bust in NHL history.

absolutely ridiculous! im sorry you didnt like the guy but he was a great player........

career numbers

760gp 372g 493a 865p +215 1398pim

also over a point per game in th playoffs

definitely not a bust

Loved Lindros as a player, I am glad he's retiring, though. Too much danger of permanent injury on the next hit, and just not worth it. He will be great in his new role. Best of luck, Big E. :thumbup:

Exactly, he's retiring Troy Aikman style.

He had a great career while he was in his prime, and its a shame the way it all spiraled down after his initial concussion.

:looney:

Care to explain, because this comment makes no sense.

865 points (372 Goals, 493 Assists) in 760 career games........yeah, that Lindros sure did suck. [/sarcasm]

Edited by Never Forget Mac #25

Good guy.

In the end one has to say the expectations (plus his fragile body) was just too much to be "the next one" ..

No..having your head down all the time was too much to be "the next one."

Take it easy Lindros, and do the NHL some good.

Guest GordieSid&Ted

A prime example of the type of comments that make me wonder what's wrong with some people. Obviously, you're either kidding or the system has failed you because you're truly lacking something upstairs.

He was big and had some skill but I never liked him as a player. I felt he was a prima donna and general pain in the ass. I'm glad he never wore the red and white.

Lindros's career actually retired a couple of years ago in Toronto, he was just unaware of it.

Good luck Eric and thanks for leaving the game before something very tragic happened. If you do some good helping the league, Great! Maybe THN was right and Lindros will make it to the hall of fame as a builder or exec, who knows?

Maybe THN was right and Lindros will make it to the hall of fame as a builder or exec, who knows?

That's the only way he'll make the HHOF. No way does he deserve it as a player.

A prime example of the type of comments that make me wonder what's wrong with some people. Obviously, you're either kidding or the system has failed you because you're truly lacking something upstairs.

There are many different reasons why a player can be considered a bust. When Lindros was healthy he was a very good player, but how often was Lindros healthy? A player with all that skill being out so much because of injuries, I call that a bust.... One of the biggest busts of all time, that might be a stretch, one of the most disappointing big name players in the 90's/2000's is a fitting title, again not because of his skill/ability. You can have all the skill in the world, but if you cant be healthy enough to use it, it doesn't do anyone anygood.

Edited by wingsnut25

IMO, he almost single-handedly carried the Phillies into the 98 Finals.

Without Lindros we would have had another Finalist for sure.