• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
Guest RedWingsFever

The Official 2007-08 Detroit Pistons Season Thread

Rate this topic

Guest DetroitIan

So much for it being a close game. Pistons are destroying the Grizz. 20 pt lead with a few minutes left in the 1st half. They better make sure they keep the pressure on in the 2nd half. Don't wanna give them any breathing room. Even with a 20 pt lead. KEEP TEARING EM UP!

How has Darko been doing?

GO DARKO!!

Actually Darko has looked pretty good. But he's dealing with almost every Piston looking great. Hard to contend with that.

The Pistons need some serious frontcourt help/depth if they want to go anywhere deep in the playoffs. A three-man rotation at power-forward/center is not going to cut it when it matters. If the Pistons could get a real starting center, and move McDyess back to coming off the bench, this team would be real dangerous. Until then, I'm not sold on another gaudy regular season record.

On a more positive note, Jason Maxiell is a beast. I always think he is going to break the backboard everytime he dunks the ball. I also can't wait to see Rodney Stuckey out there playing. :thumbup:

Edited by GoWings1905

Great trade by Joe Dumars. It never ceases to amaze me just how well Joe D. knows and addresses the needs of his team. On paper, the Pistons robbed Charlotte in this deal.

First, we no longer have to deal with the useless contributions from Nazr Mohammed. The only good thing Nazr ever did for the Pistons was get in foul trouble often, which got him the hell off the floor. Brezec gives the Pistons legitimate depth at the center position. Brezec isn't anything spectacular, but he can shoot the ball with range. I would actually prefer Brezec start, and McDyess come off the bench. 'Dyess just doesn't look comfortable to me as a starter. I really don't know anything about this Herrmann character, except that he looks like Fabio. According to the FSN guys, he is athletic and will get some playing time. We'll see...

Either way, this trade gives the Pistons some very much-needed frontcourt depth. I think Brezec will be a nice addition to this team. Even if it doesn't work out, we didn't lose anything in the deal.

Props again to Joe D. :clap:

Edited by GoWings1905

Great trade by Joe Dumars. It never ceases to amaze me just how well Joe D. knows and addresses the needs of his team. On paper, the Pistons robbed Charlotte in this deal.

First, we no longer have to deal with the useless contributions from Nazr Mohammed. The only good thing Nazr ever did for the Pistons was get in foul trouble often, which got him the hell off the floor. Brezec gives the Pistons legitimate depth at the center position. Brezec isn't anything spectacular, but he can shoot the ball with range. I would actually prefer Brezec start, and McDyess come off the bench. 'Dyess just doesn't look comfortable to me as a starter. I really don't know anything about this Herrmann character, except that he looks like Fabio. According to the FSN guys, he is athletic and will get some playing time. We'll see...

Either way, this trade gives the Pistons some very much-needed frontcourt depth. I think Brezec will be a nice addition to this team. Even if it doesn't work out, we didn't lose anything in the deal.

Props again to Joe D. :clap:

Outstanding trade for the Pistons. I for one was absolutely sick and tired of Nazr even being on the roster let alone taking potential minutes from Amir Johnson. And the best thing about this trade is that his huge salary is off the books. I think he was still under contract for 3 seasons and something like $25 million, and I was desperately hoping we could somehow get rid of him. And Dumars has done it, and not only that but he’s acquired some decent talent in return.

Brezec might not be the best player but he can score and give this team some solid minutes. He’s not great defensively but he should be able to chip in with 15-20 minutes each night off the bench. I know nothing about Herrmann however check out his stats in the latter stages of last season; they are very impressive. When he was getting 35 minutes a night he was putting up 20+ points. Bobcats fans have been very disappointed with the fact that he hasn’t been playing as they love his enthusiasm and athleticism. We could have a promising player on our hands.

As I said this is a great trade! :thumbup:

When the Pistons focus and put their minds to it, they are a really good basketball team.

The bench is going to be such a blessing for the long-haul, especially come playoff time.

Time to show Boston on Wednesday that the Eastern Conference still goes through Detroit! :thumbup:

Edited by GoWings1905

6 pts, 7 rbs and 3 blocked shots in 14 minutes for Amir!

:D I'm keeping my fingers crossed that Santa is going to bring me an Amir Johnson jersey in 8 days. I love that kid...been hyping him since the first game he played in the Summer League.

It still blows my mind that they didn't activate him for the playoffs last year. Like we couldn't have used his athleticism and energy at some point? He throws down dunks, he blocks a ton of shots. No, you aren't going to play him 30 minutes in a playoff game, but he could've been good for a couple plays to get the crowd back in it or gain some momentum.

But then again, our coach is the same guy that thought it was a good idea to have Hamilton and Billups on the bench to start the fourth quarter in a tied elimination game, when they essentially had 2 halftimes due to clock problems...

I'm loving Maxiell too.

When the Pistons focus and put their minds to it, they are a really good basketball team.

The bench is going to be such a blessing for the long-haul, especially come playoff time.

Time to show Boston on Wednesday that the Eastern Conference still goes through Detroit! :thumbup:

I sure hope so but Saunders always goes back into his shell and he plays the bench not nearly as much as he should. We have plenty of guys capable of producing and I just hope he has faith in them. Hayes, Brezec, Maxiell, Johnson, and even Murray and Hunter, that right there is a pretty decent bench.

:D I'm keeping my fingers crossed that Santa is going to bring me an Amir Johnson jersey in 8 days. I love that kid...been hyping him since the first game he played in the Summer League.

It still blows my mind that they didn't activate him for the playoffs last year. Like we couldn't have used his athleticism and energy at some point? He throws down dunks, he blocks a ton of shots. No, you aren't going to play him 30 minutes in a playoff game, but he could've been good for a couple plays to get the crowd back in it or gain some momentum.

But then again, our coach is the same guy that thought it was a good idea to have Hamilton and Billups on the bench to start the fourth quarter in a tied elimination game, when they essentially had 2 halftimes due to clock problems...

I'm loving Maxiell too.

:D

The other day he had like 5 bloked shots in about 6 minutes of game time. What a machine. 2.5 pts, 2.5 rbs and 1.3 blocks are pretty good numbers for a guy who averages 8 minutes of garbage time a game.

Guest DetroitIan

Pistons vs Celtics started a few minutes ago.

Pistons are playing quite well on Boston's home court. It's gonna be a tough game all around. Get it done boys!

Guest DetroitIan

What a game this was.. Billups played really well. Good win against a very good team

Yeah, especially in thier house. Great game. Great win. And the better team won. As they will back at the Palace. Pistons are bad ass.

Yeah, especially in thier house. Great game. Great win. And the better team won. As they will back at the Palace. Pistons are bad ass.

Watching that game was like watching a playoff game. It had the feel to it, and could very well be previewing a future playoff match up. Great win by the Stones!

45 points is nice. Even nicer is how evenly spread the minutes were. Stuckey and Afflalo got almost as many minutes as the starters. If the Pistons can continue rolling and playing the bench the way they have been the past few weeks, it bodes well for both this year's playoffs and beyond. Stuckey and Afflalo can be huge parts for the Pistons down the road if they develop.

45 points is nice. Even nicer is how evenly spread the minutes were. Stuckey and Afflalo got almost as many minutes as the starters. If the Pistons can continue rolling and playing the bench the way they have been the past few weeks, it bodes well for both this year's playoffs and beyond. Stuckey and Afflalo can be huge parts for the Pistons down the road if they develop.

Agreed. I think there's little doubt too much pressure has been placed on the starters over the past few seasons. They've simply been too worn out to play to their best when it really matters. I'm not much of a fan of Saunders but I've been satisfied with the way he's been spreading the minutes around lately, and what's even more satisfying is that Flip Murray hasn't set foot on the court since Stuckey returned.

Looks like Maxiell lost a ton of weight.

Been focusing on the Wings as of late so haven't really watched too many games from start to finish. But imo, the stones are the team to beat in the East. Boston hasn't proved anything untill they do something in the playoffs. And if they lose in the playoffs I know there is already an excuse lined up that they have never played in the playoffs together.

Guest DetroitIan

HUGE game tomorrow night! Rematch against Boston. But now it's on OUR court. Im gonna say Pistons win by 8-10.

It's clear that Detroit and Boston are the class of the East. Barring a major upset these two should hook for a monumental dual in conference finals come May.

The Good:

I was on hand to watch the Pistons against the Raptors on Friday. Despite the fact that Toronto has only 4 TOs Detroit executed with great precision and was generally able to do what ever it wanted.

The Bad:

Against Boston yesterday the reserves (excl. Maxiell) were tentative and Flip once again went back to his old ways and yanked them after only a few minutes. I don't care that Detroit lost, but at some point we need to step back and integrate the new guys (i.e. Stuckey, Brezec) into the rotation to ensure that we are playing our best basketball come playoff time.