• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
Guest RedWingsFever

The Official 2007-08 Detroit Pistons Season Thread

Rate this topic

I betted on this game. When they were up by 14 in the 3rd, and above the spread I headed out to enjoy the great weather. I was shocked when I came in. Not worried one bit, but still disappointed in them.

The egos on that team must be huge. They think they can just rock up and win. Sorry Detroit, you'll have to work harder than that.

The egos on that team must be huge. They think they can just rock up and win. Sorry Detroit, you'll have to work harder than that.

Exactly. It's pathetic honestly. How can the Pistons claim they waited all season for the playoffs and ONE player (Rasheed) shows up for the first game?

The Pistons will beat the Sixers, but my goodness they are frustrating to watch.

* I almost forgot to mention this, but why the hell did Tayshaun Prince get the last shot to try and tie the game? If that was a designed play (which it appeared), Flip Saunders is even dumber than I thought. The worst jump shooter on the floor gets the ball? That should be Chauncey's shot every time.

Edited by GoWings1905

WOW! Detroit gets THUMPED by 20 points in Game 3.

Unbelievable really, this team is about to implode. If we lose early, they should buy out McDyess and trade Prince.

Absolutely. Don't forget firing Flip Saunders immediately. Flip should have been gone after last season's collapse, but if they lose to the Sixers, that's pathetic. Honestly even if the Pistons win the series, does anyone really believe they are going anywhere with their attitude and the way they show up on most nights? Boston will run the Pistons out in four straight, should the Pistons even make it that far.

[quote name='Aussie_Wing' date='April 25, 2008 - 09:21PM' post='1331068'

Unbelievable really, this team is about to implode. If we lose early, they should buy out McDyess and trade Prince.

Agree! I said that last night. Add to that canning Flip, and hiring Bill Lambier. Still not concerned, but I just get so frustrated they play with an on and off switch!!

I'm just looking at this as a win/win. I'm aggravated to no end that they have to win 3 of 4 now to win this series, but if they lose, Saunders is gone and that's pretty great. But it's not just him. Maybe losing in the first round would be the kick in the ass that this team needs to realize that they aren't God's gift to basketball and that winning one title doesn't mean that they crap rainbows and puppies. They're so frustrating. There's no way this should even be a series.

I don't know if Laimbeer will be a great coach in the NBA, though I do think he'll get a shot eventually. What I do know is that this team wouldn't pull nearly as much of their s*** if he was coaching because he'd just kick their asses.

The other option would be Tom Izzo. He might not do great in the NBA, but it'd piss off the State fans, so that'd be pretty funny :)

I don't know if Laimbeer will be a great coach in the NBA, though I do think he'll get a shot eventually. What I do know is that this team wouldn't pull nearly as much of their s*** if he was coaching because he'd just kick their asses.

The other option would be Tom Izzo. He might not do great in the NBA, but it'd piss off the State fans, so that'd be pretty funny :)

I know I named him, but I really don't know how good of a coach he would be either. The reason I say him is because when the Pistons decide to flick the off switch Lambier would ruffle some feathers big time, and is a Piston at heart. I can never see Izzo leaving for the pros. I know he's flirted with it once or twice, but at MSU he can be a legend, and in the NBA he would be canned after 5 years......

GREAT game by the Pistons today coming back from 15 down on the road to take a commanding 3-1 lead against the Magic without Mr. Big Shot. Took them a few games to get going against Philly but they've certainly ramped up the intensity of late.

Assuming Detroit and Boston don't blow their 2-game series leads the ECF in a weeks time is gonna epic!

Smart move to sit Chauncey. Even if the Pistons had lost, they've still held serve, and it's better to be 2-2 with a healthier Chauncey than 3-1 with Chauncey on the bench because he reaggravated his hammy. Now it's 3-1 anyway, Billups gets three more days of treatment with our miracle worker Arnie Kander, and he should be all set and healthy for hopefully a clinching Game 5. And if they do clinch, more rest is on the way.

That was one of the best Pistons games I've seen in a long time. What a fight they went through. Not only did they have no Billups, but were also down 15! What a game! I'm always hard on Prince, but he played great on both sides of the ball. This series is over...

If only Atlanta had taken out the Celtics! I can't believe they got so close.

Boston will be hard assuming they make it next round, but Pistons can take them. Boston should be beaten up after 7 games with the Hawks, and hopefully a long series with the Cavs. I think our bench will be a big time advantage over Boston too.

The Celtics look awful on the road. They're in a spot where one loss at home could send them home for the playoffs because they look terrible away from Boston.

That Pistons game was kind of awesome. I had a wedding to go to on Saturday so we got the Slingbox working on my gf's cell phone and watched it on that. For the last few minutes of the game, people were standing 4 deep behind our table watching. It was pretty funny. BTW, Slingbox is amazing.

I'd love to see them close out Orlando tonight. Don't even screw around with having to go back there and get Billups time to get completely healed before the conference finals.

I can never see Izzo leaving for the pros. I know he's flirted with it once or twice, but at MSU he can be a legend, and in the NBA he would be canned after 5 years......

College coaches have seen what Rick Pitno and Mike Montgomerie effect has had on coaches taking that leap from colleges to the NBA. Both those coaches were sought after in the NBA and got jobs, only to find out their coaching skills dont transfer and the end result is they are fired within a few years of coaching.

besides, Izzo is a better college coach then NBA coach.

Crazy stat from the series clincher tonight:

Turnovers for Orlando: 21, Detroit: 3

Back into the Conference Finals! Glad Billups can get plenty of rest now. We need to get to the finals.

Agreed. The REAL playoffs begin now.

Edited by Cruiser008

Did you guys catch Ernie Johnson going Veronica Corningstone on Barkley?

Absolutely classic!

Nice that the Pistons learned their lesson and didn't mess around with a team in the second round this year. Now Billups can get healthy before we get either the Celtics or Cavs. Gotta say, I'm pretty confident either way if Detroit keeps this up.

And Rodney Stuckey = baller.

Did you guys catch Ernie Johnson going Veronica Corningstone on Barkley?

Absolutely classic!

Nice that the Pistons learned their lesson and didn't mess around with a team in the second round this year. Now Billups can get healthy before we get either the Celtics or Cavs. Gotta say, I'm pretty confident either way if Detroit keeps this up.

And Rodney Stuckey = baller.

ROFL... life imitating art; that IS classic.

Unless Cleveland blows it (unlikely - the game is a defensive slopfest) looks like there will be a Game 7 between the Celtics and Cavaliers. So who would us Piston fans prefer to play? Before the playoffs I'd have said I was pulling for Cleveland 110%, but they are exposing some serious flaws in Boston's game. If we get Boston, the Pistons have the chance to knock off the anointed darlings in the East, plus, going through the Celtics, then the Lakers for the championship is some straight-up Bad Boys stuff. But Cleveland really is the lesser talented team, we'd get home-court advantage which in the second round has meant everything, and a shot at revenge. I'm torn.

The Cavs actually scare me ALOT. I know the Stones will have the revenge thing going for them, but really one of the only teams in the whole NBA that believes they can take us out is the Cavs IMO. LeBron always seems to go off on us when it counts, and the rest of that JV team seems to overachieve. I know we were 3-1 against them this season, but last years playoff performance still haunts me.

On the other hand like my buddy says the Cavs were built to beat us when they had Gooden, and the other players before the trade, and now they are not with Ben, Wally, and white trash West. I guess either BOS/CLEV will be a battle.....

I'm trying really hard not to care. Each time this year that I've rooted for the team I wanted to play, said team has won and then ended up beating my team in the next round (Notre Dame in hockey, the Giants in football).

Home court would be nice, so that part of me wants to see the Cavs. But the Celtics clearly can't play on the road and I would trust the Pistons to steal one in Boston. Not to mention that the Celtics will have already played 14 games in the playoffs.

Either way I think Detroit goes to the Finals if they keep playing the way they're playing, though both Boston and Cleveland are good teams.

I'm just happy this series ended up going seven. More rest for Billups and McDyess (who apparently rolled his ankle in the last game).