• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
Guest RedWingsFever

The Official 2007-08 Detroit Pistons Season Thread

Rate this topic

Rasheed needs to be much, much better or the Pistons are done. Garnett is an elite player, but 'Sheed got abused by KG on both ends of the floor last night. McDyess, as always, showed up to play. 'Dyess definitely has the most heart of anyone on the team.

It's pretty evident Billups is still hurt, or Flip is even dumber than I thought. There's no way Chauncey sits in a reasonably close game until six minutes left unless something is wrong.

The good side to all of this is the Pistons played pretty poorly as a team in game one, and were in the game the whole way. I think they can steal one on Thursday.

Well, not the greatest of starts.

And I cannot believe San Antonio are through to the West finals. Here we go again...

Spurs-Lakers.

Oh boy.

And you know the network execs are going home each day and masturbating: "Celtics-Lakers....Celtics-Lakers......Cel-Cel-Celllllltiiiiiiics-Lak-k-k-k-k-.....CELTICSLAKERSCELTICSLAKERSCELTICSLAKERS.......ahhhhhhh.....celtics-lakers...."

The Pistons were awesome last night. Every single one of them. Their composure on the road in big games is remarkable. That's the difference to me in this series right now: the Pistons have proven they can go on the road and get wins, regardless of opponent, or round of the playoffs. The Celtics are 0-6 against the Hawks and Cavs, who both aren't anywhere near the quality of team that the Pistons are. The Palace is a TOUGH building to win at year round, and I can't imagine Boston feels good about their chances stealing one in Detroit. The Pistons are in a great position, and they need to take advantage of that in game three.

I'm extremely proud of the effort last night. The Pistons were focused, and this is now their series to lose. The Palace will be nuts for the next two games. Sad thing is, it will blow JLA out of the water in atmosphere and the Wings are playing for it all. The environment is incredible at the Palace, one aspect the Pistons definitely have on the Red Wings.

Rodney Stuckey is a damn hoss.

Side note: ESPN's mock draft has the Pistons drafting Chris Douglas-Roberts. I would drool. I would further drool if they drafted Sean Singletary in the 2nd round. It's a pipe dream, but a second string of Stuckey, Singletary, Douglas-Roberts, Maxiell, and Amir Johnson, all being groomed to take over when the current bunch gets old, sounds like way much fun to me.

Rodney Stuckey is a damn hoss.

Side note: ESPN's mock draft has the Pistons drafting Chris Douglas-Roberts. I would drool. I would further drool if they drafted Sean Singletary in the 2nd round. It's a pipe dream, but a second string of Stuckey, Singletary, Douglas-Roberts, Maxiell, and Amir Johnson, all being groomed to take over when the current bunch gets old, sounds like way much fun to me.

That would be sweet with CDR. He would be coming home. I haven't looked at any mock drafts yet, but will check them out. What would people think about Koufas from O$U?

Edited by mannysBETTER3434

That would be sweet with CDR. He would be coming home. I haven't looked at any mock drafts yet, but will check them out. What would people think about Koufas from O$U?

He'll never slip that far. Besides, I think he should have stayed in college another year (for his own benefit - from a hate-the-Buckeyes standpoint, I'm glad he left.) Oh, and problem #2:

Draft Projection: Lottery to mid first round

Similarities: Darko Milicic

Hmm.

That was a tough game. Sucks Stuckey made the shot he wasn't suppose to make. It may get even worse if we lose Rip. He looked like he was in bad shape with his arm. I said from the start this would go seven, and I still believe that.

I'm not too worried yet. I won't get worried unless we start looking bad in Game 6. We get them once in our barn, and given the way this game played out I certainly don't feel like playing in their place is a real-big home court advantage for them. Still in this series.

Was listening to Villenti (or however you spell his name) and Foster. Totally agree with Villenti that they should stick Stuckey at 2 and Rip at 3. Rip will get more than enough help with Pierce who is struggling. Tayshaun is nowhere to be found now.

Was listening to Villenti (or however you spell his name) and Foster. Totally agree with Villenti that they should stick Stuckey at 2 and Rip at 3. Rip will get more than enough help with Pierce who is struggling. Tayshaun is nowhere to be found now.

As usual. I am so, so sick of that guy. Trade him please.

Well, not the greatest of starts.

And I cannot believe San Antonio are through to the West finals. Here we go again...

I love how they Spurs got ousted by the Lakers - with the bad call in game 5 and all. I cannot stand watching the Spurs - and they pretty much were handed a championship last year by the league interfering in the Suns series. And now they want people to feel sorry for them 'cause they were the recipients this year of a bad call that influenced the outcome of a game. Boo-hoo go cry me a river. :crybaby:

As usual. I am so, so sick of that guy. Trade him please.

Couldn't agree more. I can't stand Prince.

I hate when people go back to the 2003 draft, and use the logic "well the Pistons had Prince at small forward, so Carmelo Anthony wouldn't have fit in." Screw that, could you imagine the Pistons with Carmelo instead of brick-shooting Prince?

Worst argument ever.

Edited by GoWings1905

^ Agreed.

Unbelievable choke from the Pistons as we were up 70-60 at 3 quarter time. Last quarter was an absolute disgrace. J

ust when I thought I couldn’t dislike Prince any more...Man he was awful tonight. Good third quarter, every other quarter he was horrendous. And with about 3 minutes left, Pistons down by about 4 or 5 with every possession crucial, he slowly walks up the floor and allows an opponent to come from behind and steal it. Game over, if anyone missed it you should watch it just to see such a terrible play. Absolutely NO awareness of what’s going on around him. 3-10 from the field, 4 rebounds, 3 assists and 3 turnovers.

Sheed, well quite simply he has got to go. 2-12, 3 turnovers and 5 fouls which meant he was largely ineffective out there.

Prince and Sheed MUST go. I'm tired of this team, we will never win another Championship with the current roster. Changes need to be made.

Edited by Aussie_Wing