• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
timothy1997

2007 Heisman Trophy Thread

Rate this topic

2007 Heisman Ballot  

13 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Hart's health isn't the reason he won't win. It's App State.

No it's not. He's not going to win anway, but if he was healthy he would be right there. He is the most important player to any team in the nation. He did his job against App State by having over 150 yards. He was leading the nation in rushing until he got hurt. If you are a Heisman contender, and have a fluke early in the year it is forgotten. If App State happened last week he would be done, but he had over 8 weeks to erase that, and he would have if not for injury.

I agree with Manny that App. St. isnt the reason Hart wouldn't get it, although that would be in the back of voters minds. He was one of the frontrunners before he got injured.

As much I'd like to be a homer for Beanie (next season will be his turn), I'm goin with Dennis Dixon. He's a stud.

Edited by Hockeytown Red Wings

Bennie is a BA. I think next year he will be the best RB in the nation without question. Some of the things he does is absolutely sick! I just hope we can contain him somewhat in 2 weeks.

HTRW: Have you heard any news on Terel Pryor? Heard he was going to go to tOSU.

Bennie is a BA. I think next year he will be the best RB in the nation without question. Some of the things he does is absolutely sick! I just hope we can contain him somewhat in 2 weeks.

HTRW: Have you heard any news on Terel Pryor? Heard he was going to go to tOSU.

He was on an official visit last Saturday against Wisconsin. He's keeping things close to the vest and has said he won't commit until signing day in February, but most believe believe tOSU is his number one and has been. However, he plans to take all his visits and a lot can change.

We had Pryor chants going for him last Saturday, hope we made a good impression. We have a good recruiting class already, he would make it an outstanding class.

Guest jaytan

I voted for Dennis Dixon. I've seen most of his games, and he's having an amazing year and is the number-one reason the Ducks are in national championship contention. Of course, a lot of it has to do with the system they run and the fact that he's already graduated and can focus solely on football.

It has to be Dixon right now...but if Oregon loses again that might be the end of it. He doesnt have the name value playing at Oregon, so the team needs to be exceptional to push him over the top. Similar to the way Matt Ryan is all but eliminated imo after losing to FSU.

If Oregon loses again, and Florida loses no more games....Tebow will take it i think. Unlike the other 2 i mentioned, he has the name value and exposure of playing at Florida to possibly overcome the 3 defeats.

I've heard people saying McFadden is the frontrunner right now, but Hart is only an outsider.

I just don't get this.

Hart has basically the same stats, and has played injured all year, which has kept him out of large parts of games. When he has been in, he has been unstoppable. How is McFadden the frontrunner on 3-loss Arkansas, but Hart, with better numbers on 2-loss Michigan, isn't a contender?

Guest jaytan

I think he'll be back next week, but either way it won't matter. What a brutal way to ruin your season, too. Even if the Leaf kid brought the Ducks back in the second half, it would probably hurt their chances at reaching the title game because everyone out East would be off to bed before the end.

Dixon probably lost the Heisman trophy last night. Not only did his team lose, he is out for the rest of the season too.

Who is the front runner now? Chase Daniel? McFadden? Tebow?

I dont think theres any way Daniel wins it, he's just way too unknown. I'm going to stick with what i said, if Florida loses no more games it will go to Tebow...and i think it'll be a bigger runaway that most would expect.

Guest jaytan

He should win it regardless of how Florida finishes. That guy's put up ridiculous numbers.

He should win it regardless of how Florida finishes. That guy's put up ridiculous numbers.

I dont think you can say regardless...i mean 4 losses is just not very good no matter what his numbers. Normally even the 3 losses would most likely knock him out of the running, if not for the fact that everyone else is losing and the only guys' who's teams have standout records are unknowns.

I think it's gotta be Tebow; You don't usually see a guy get much Heisman consideration if he has health issues or his team finishes the season unranked. Dixon is out for the rest of the year, and McFadden and Hart have been in and out of games, and both of their teams are looking at the top 25 from the outside. Who else can they really give it to?

Tebow, No other option really. McFadden has a shot, but mer Tebow is a stud..

24 Passing TD's and 20 Rush TD's, thats perfect.

The guy from. Kansas. Breeing? or something like that, should get some serious consideration also. and Jake Long, I realize that Lineman are hard to judge for Heisman, but he has only let 1 freaking sack all season. thats impresive.

If dixon didnt get injured i'd be between Dixon/Tebow/McFadden.

The guy from. Kansas. Breeing? or something like that, should get some serious consideration also. and Jake Long, I realize that Lineman are hard to judge for Heisman, but he has only let 1 freaking sack all season. thats impresive.

Steve Hutchinson didn't allow a sack his final 2 seasons and yet he didn't finish anywhere in the top 10.

Tebow, No other option really. McFadden has a shot, but mer Tebow is a stud..

24 Passing TD's and 20 Rush TD's, thats perfect.

If dixon didnt get injured i'd be between Dixon/Tebow/McFadden.

How can McFadden be a favorite and Hart not be in the discussion? they both have 12 TDs, similar averages per carry and per game, and both Michigan and Arkansas ended up unranked. If one is in, the other is. If one is out, so is the other.

As of right now, Tim Tebow should win the Heisman. 20 and 20 is pretty spectacular, especially with the speed and talent level that Tebow faces weekly in the SEC.

However, I think there is a good opportunity for either Chase Daniel or Todd Reesing to make a run for it in the next two weeks. Missouri and Kansas play this weekend, and then the winner will move on to the Big 12 Championship Game. That is two straight games of national exposure for two relatively unknown players and programs to impress voters.

Just my opinion, but I think Missouri wins the next two weekends, and Chase Daniel wins the Heisman Trophy.

Edited by GoWings1905

How can McFadden be a favorite and Hart not be in the discussion? they both have 12 TDs, similar averages per carry and per game, and both Michigan and Arkansas ended up unranked. If one is in, the other is. If one is out, so is the other.

Eva, you overlook the fact that Mcfadden is doing everything. Rushing, receiving and passing. Hart is not.

But ultimately you have an excellent point. McFadden might get the invite to NYC but only because of his name and what he did last year than this year. It's a shame too. Kansas's Reesing deserves the Heisman much more than Run DMC.

Edited by timothy1997

McFadden has been doing this while sharing the load with Felix Jones. another 1st round talent. if you can muster up TD's and Yards while sharing time with Felix you are something special.

By all means, i love mike hart, he is great. BUT. he has missed games. and the OSU game, he proved in valuable. He has been by far my favorite sports athlete of all time ahead of Darren Mccarty. Because HART is the perfect mix of greatness and a mouth that wont quit.

McFadden wont get it, but sports writers are sold that he is great, and will glorify him no matter what. and will put him in the heisman race ne way. which is the only reason i mentioned him as a contester over Hart. :D

Dont worry about this..

just know that

if TEBOW isnt the heisman winner, that the heisman trophy is a hoax.