• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
Booster313

Dom Bashers Welcome!

Rate this topic

Guest wingswillwincup

dom is to good of a goalie not to rebound , he'll bounce back , that being said osgood is obviously playing the better of the 2 but he hasnt been spectacular id like to think our goalies would be able to perform well when we allow 15-20 shots a game so hes just doing his job i dont think he'd be able to lead us to a cup though ( let the bashing begin)

dom is to good of a goalie not to rebound , he'll bounce back , that being said osgood is obviously playing the better of the 2 but he hasnt been spectacular id like to think our goalies would be able to perform well when we allow 15-20 shots a game so hes just doing his job i dont think he'd be able to lead us to a cup though ( let the bashing begin)

correction: dom used to be too good of a goalie not to rebound. that remains to be seen this year. he's been lousy all year. maybe his age has caught up to him. as for ozzie not being spectacular... 11 games started, 10 wins (tied for 5th in league), 1 shutout, .930 save% (5th in league), 1.65 GAA (2nd in league). pretty spectacular numbers if you ask me.

now dom's alwasy scared the s*** out of me the way he plays, but when he's winning games, i don't mind. he's not winning games. his snow angel has maybe done all it can for him, he just looks out of place out there this year. i don't like.

i don't like osgood better than dom or vice versa, but osgood clearly deserves to be the starter at this point.

Of course they won't dump Dom.

The man has a bad stretch and will come out of it.

Calm the f*** down all.

I'm a huge Ozzie fan and if I had the choice I would like to see him play 82 games.

But I can't believe how some of us stomp on a guy like Hasek just because he had some bad bounces.

I can't believe Martin Brodeur, Mika Kiprusoff or Olaf Kolzig getting the same treatment from their fanbase !

Exactly how long is a "bad stretch" to you?

We are 1/4 into the season and he hasnt shown any signs of improving.

Meanwhile on most nights hes in net... he faces under 20 shots... and lets at least 3 in (granted defense is responsible for at least 2 poor plays) ... thats where the "dominator" should step up right? Am i the only one who thinks this??

Dom can't stop a shot 1 on 1... look at the home game against chicago last week.... i was up in the suites and dom didnt bother to help out his team at all.

Guest EZBAKETHAGANGSTA

Exactly how long is a "bad stretch" to you?

We are 1/4 into the season and he hasnt shown any signs of improving.

Meanwhile on most nights hes in net... he faces under 20 shots... and lets at least 3 in (granted defense is responsible for at least 2 poor plays) ... thats where the "dominator" should step up right? Am i the only one who thinks this??

Dom can't stop a shot 1 on 1... look at the home game against chicago last week.... i was up in the suites and dom didnt bother to help out his team at all.

Nope. PM GRITTZKEY TO JOIN THE ANTI HASEK GROUP!

Nope. PM GRITTZKEY TO JOIN THE ANTI HASEK GROUP!

QUESTION::::

Why was i never PM'd about joining said group???? umm Hello!

haha

somebody hook me up :D

I'm giving dom untill the half way mark, if he still sucks after that ozzys our #1. I would love to see Ozzys as our playoff golie, that would me amazing.

ozzie is doing great. I *HEART* him...lol

i got them both in my fantasy pool..hehe

I am sooooo sorry.

I have dom in my fantasy hockey pool.... he makes me want to dommit.... i mean vommit.

I am less concerned with Hasek's stats by themselves than the reason they are so bad. As I can see so far this year Hasek has had three problems. First, he is playing deeper in the crease than any keeper, even Hasek, should. Second, his rebound control is abysmal. Third, he has been sluggish to respond to plays originating behind the net.

It is unclear what one of these shortcomings might be causing the other, but the fact that he is having trouble with so many areas of his game at once points to an age related slowdown rather than a slump. Whether he will emerge from his poor play is less a question of when and more a question of if. The Hasek of last season relied on his experience, anticipation and confidence to make up for his slowing reflexes. If the confidence goes down the tube, it is reasonable to say Hasek has lost his ability to make up for it through acrobatics.

This was true even last season when Hasek's performance was commendable but not remarkable provided the minuscule amount of work he faced. Moreover, while he came up big in the first two rounds of the playoffs, he looked tired against Anaheim: begging the question that even if he can resume his level of play, can he keep it up through the playoffs?

I have been a huge Hasek fan for several years, but at some point realism has to kick in. He is arguably the greatest goaltender of all time, but at this point of his career it seems clear his next ring will say Hall of Fame rather than Stanley Cup.

Edited by cjeder

Sorta getting tired of the "he faced breakaways" arguement. Part of the job of being a goaltender is stopping breakaways. I've played some junior hockey and it's not that hard as long as you make the shooter make the first move. Unfortunately for Dom he really has no style that you would or can teach, it's simply his own, and it just happens to REALLY blow at breakaways.

2 things.

1. I'm sure the people shooting on you in Junior hockey are comparable to the ones shooting on Dom, and likewise I'm sure your same tactic would work in the NHL. Hah.

2. He doesn't really blow at breakaways, just look at some of his work in past shootouts (like the olympics where he stopped some of the all time greats). However, breakaways aren't exactly easy to stop for any goalie. Look at Osgood last night, he was 0 for 3 in the shootout.

The good thing about the Hasek Hatred Bandwagon Campaign of 2007-2008 is that the most prolific critics and haters are suddenly writing in complete sentences and using punctuation. They really are literate! It's a miracle. Maybe Hasek will get credit for his work in adult literacy, since he won't get credit for anything else this season.

It's entertaining, in an odd way, to see how some people can weave an insult to Hasek into threads which have absolutely nothing to do with Hasek. :P

Some of the hatred is completely transparent, and doesn't have anything to do with Dom's rough start this season. Make all the excuses you want, it is opportunism at its best. Hammering over and over on points which are transient and... well, pointless, doesn't make it right. It's just obnoxious.

I am not saying this as Dom's biggest fan, which I am and will remain, regardless of what happens with him in Detroit this season. Ozzie's been great. There's no arguing that, of course. Will the momentum continue? We all hope so. Does it need to be at the expense of Hasek? I am not so sure that's needed, since we don't know how the rest of the season will play out yet. Anything could, and probably will, happen.

To borrow a phrase, I defer to my avatar and signature. ;)

The good thing about the Hasek Hatred Bandwagon Campaign of 2007-2008 is that the most prolific critics and haters are suddenly writing in complete sentences and using punctuation. They really are literate! It's a miracle. Maybe Hasek will get credit for his work in adult literacy, since he won't get credit for anything else this season.

It's entertaining, in an odd way, to see how some people can weave an insult to Hasek into threads which have absolutely nothing to do with Hasek. :P

Some of the hatred is completely transparent, and doesn't have anything to do with Dom's rough start this season. Make all the excuses you want, it is opportunism at its best. Hammering over and over on points which are transient and... well, pointless, doesn't make it right. It's just obnoxious.

I am not saying this as Dom's biggest fan, which I am and will remain, regardless of what happens with him in Detroit this season. Ozzie's been great. There's no arguing that, of course. Will the momentum continue? We all hope so. Does it need to be at the expense of Hasek? I am not so sure that's needed, since we don't know how the rest of the season will play out yet. Anything could, and probably will, happen.

To borrow a phrase, I defer to my avatar and signature. ;)

Have you ever met Hasek?

yes. So? I've met Ozzie, too. I liked them both. Your point was....?

Just curious. I've met him a few times and found him to be not only an ******* but quite a ****** bag as well. I could see why people have viewed him as a locker room cancer. I also worked at Twelve Oaks Mall when Dominator was first getting up and knew some employees who reiterated the same. Plus my whole experience with him in downtown Birmingham where he got his groove on with about 6 bimbos in a limo days before announcing his retirement so he could return to the Czeck with his family. That was cute too. Classy guy. Well, at least the girls didn't look cheap.

So, if it was just that he's more or less screwed with the chemistry of this team for the last five years while only really playing great in one of those years, I wouldn't dislike him so much. Combine that with the fact that he's just a world class ******* off the ice as well and you begin to understand the tip of the iceberg as to why I so profoundly believe that Detroit would've been far better off had he never slipped a Wings jersey on at all.

Just curious. I've met him a few times and found him to be not only an ******* but quite a ****** bag as well. I could see why people have viewed him as a locker room cancer. I also worked at Twelve Oaks Mall when Dominator was first getting up and knew some employees who reiterated the same. Plus my whole experience with him in downtown Birmingham where he got his groove on with about 6 bimbos in a limo days before announcing his retirement so he could return to the Czeck with his family. That was cute too. Classy guy. Well, at least the girls didn't look cheap.

Yeah, too bad Hasek isn't quite as nice and classy as some of the other greats, polite, respectable citizens like Patrick Roy, Terry Sawchuck, and Ed Belfour

So, if it was just that he's more or less screwed with the chemistry of this team for the last five years while only really playing great in one of those years, I wouldn't dislike him so much. Combine that with the fact that he's just a world class ******* off the ice as well and you begin to understand the tip of the iceberg as to why I so profoundly believe that Detroit would've been far better off had he never slipped a Wings jersey on at all.

thats a nice story and all but its your personal opinion, and loo has her personal opinion, so either way none of you are gonna budge on your experience on dom, so this post really doesnt relate to the argument of which man should be in net.

And before you lunge at me attempting to crucify me for being a dom lover, i have repeatedly stated in this argument I am neutral to the point of just wanting both guys to play well and lead the wings to the cup.

Yeah, too bad Hasek isn't quite as nice and classy as some of the other greats, polite, respectable citizens like Patrick Roy, Terry Sawchuck, and Ed Belfour

:lol::lol:

It's hardly as if I expect people to be perfect. It's more that besides the malarky he's put Detroit through, he's got to go and be a world class ******* too. Living where I do and given the scene I'm in, I've met more than my fair share of famous people. Call it bragging if you want to be pissy but it's just the reality of the matter for me. I'm not saying it to build myself up as it's really not what it's cracked up to be at all. But the point is, he easily ranks as one of the biggest assholes of all the famous people I've met. Easy.

thats a nice story and all but its your personal opinion, and loo has her personal opinion, so either way none of you are gonna budge on your experience on dom, so this post really doesnt relate to the argument of which man should be in net.

And before you lunge at me attempting to crucify me for being a dom lover, i have repeatedly stated in this argument I am neutral to the point of just wanting both guys to play well and lead the wings to the cup.

No, I hardly wish to senselessly chastise anyone for being a Dom lover. I question blind faith and irrationality though anywhere I see it. I understand that everyone has different perspectives. I'm just voicing mine. It's not as if I'm the biggest Osgood fan or anything either. I'd rather see him in net as he's playing great hockey and I think Hasek's finally washed up, but the bottom line ends there. The rest are just details. This is a thread to bash Hasek. I don't like Hasek.

Like I said, I don't like what he's brought to this team, I don't think we needed him at all to begin with, he's been inconsistent since coming back from retirement and to top it all off, he's such an ******* off the ice that I can't find anything redeeming about him to rally around. If he's in net, I hope the Wings win and it'd be great if "the Dominator" could return as there's no doubt that he's one of the greats, but given that I think that's unlikely to happen and all the drama on the side, I'd prefer that we just wash our hands of him. It won't happen but by his call (which I think could happen at some point if things don't really improve...) but none the less, in my opinion, it'd be ideal at this point.

It's hardly as if I expect people to be perfect. It's more that besides the malarky he's put Detroit through, he's got to go and be a world class ******* too. Living where I do and given the scene I'm in, I've met more than my fair share of famous people. Call it bragging if you want to be pissy but it's just the reality of the matter for me. I'm not saying it to build myself up as it's really not what it's cracked up to be at all. But the point is, he easily ranks as one of the biggest assholes of all the famous people I've met. Easy.

I am sorry you have such a negative opinion, but glad you got that off your chest. It's a fine addition to the general dismissal and bashing of Hasek this year -- let's get personal since the stats are not a good enough reason to trash him. What does your version of Hasek have to do with anything related to hockey, if any of it's even true?

BTW, I guess Chris Osgood is a fool or a liar, or at the very least a very bad judge of character, since he says he likes Dom. So do Chelios and various other Wings who actually know him, so there's something fundamentally wrong with all of them, I guess. <<< this is sarcasm, for the slower-laners in here.

2 things.

1. I'm sure the people shooting on you in Junior hockey are comparable to the ones shooting on Dom, and likewise I'm sure your same tactic would work in the NHL. Hah.

2. He doesn't really blow at breakaways, just look at some of his work in past shootouts (like the olympics where he stopped some of the all time greats). However, breakaways aren't exactly easy to stop for any goalie. Look at Osgood last night, he was 0 for 3 in the shootout.

1. Petr Sykora was one of them...so I would say my tactic MAY work in the NHL. I won't go as far and say it will.

2. You're picking one example. Anyone can pick one example and make them a hall of famer. Although that is sorta moot when you are talking about Hasek because we all know that is where he is headed. He's not good on breakaways. If I wanted a goalie to make 3 or 4 saves in a row I'll call Hasek. But if I need someone in a shootout it certainly ain't gonna be him.