• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
Louisville

Have the Wings ever played in black?

Rate this topic

My two friends are at my house, they trying to tell me the Wings played a couple games in a black jersey. I think this is bulls***, and I've tried finding somthing on Google but I haven't.

I know our jerseys are built on pride and tradition so it's hard for me to imagine this has ever happened. Somebody settle this for us and tell has this evered occured in Red Wings history?

Edited by Louisville

My two friends are at my house, they trying to tell me the Wings played a couple games in a black jersey. I think this is bulls***, and I've tried finding somthing on Google but I haven't.

They haven't.

I own the black Starter jersey they sold during the late 90s but that's as far your friends can get. It is a pretty sweet jersey though - for fans.

It's never gotten close to any of the players however, unless they were on some smoking hotties! ;)

I hope the Wings never do. That would be awful IMO. If black was one of their color I wouldn't care. It's not, so I do. Besides black in sports jerseys seems so trendy.

On a side note it really bugs me that on myespn.com the Wings theme uses black.

IPB Image

I've e-mailed ESPN about it, but nothing has come of it so far. I just have this shown right now for explanatory purposes. I don't use this theme normally because it annoys me.

Edited by auxlepli

Guest LivingtheDream

I'm imagining this alternate universe team, the Black Wings. On the Black Wings Lidstrom is known throughout the league for cheap career ending hits, Datsyuk is a puck hog and Sammy can only shoot at a goalies head (not his chest).

Opie, the practice jersey is pretty nice, I like it. Maybe not for a regular game, but pretty good for practice and for a fan to wear it. :clap:

Wow, that is a good looking practice jersey. I have the old solid black for my beer league team. We're the Black Aces, me and my D partner had the all black with red Winged Wheel, sweet, and seriously we were like a plus 24 or something with a streak of 10 games without giving up a goal. Everyone called us the D-Wings. We're just trying to represent the 313 and 810 out west!

I'm gonna have to get this new one for a mountain bike jersey.

I'm imagining this alternate universe team, the Black Wings. On the Black Wings Lidstrom is known throughout the league for cheap career ending hits, Datsyuk is a puck hog and Sammy can only shoot at a goalies head (not his chest).

...and in this alternate universe downtown Detroit is filled with pedestrians who love to visit the ample shops, coffee houses, and boutiques, and can ride around on the efficient public transportation system. Tourists from around the globe love to visit alternate universe Detroit because of its high culture and the feeling of romance that one gets from merely walking down its tree-lined boulevards. :ph34r:

...and in this alternate universe downtown Detroit is filled with pedestrians who love to visit the ample shops, coffee houses, and boutiques, and can ride around on the efficient public transportation system. Tourists from around the globe love to visit alternate universe Detroit because of its high culture and the feeling of romance that one gets from merely walking down its tree-lined boulevards. :ph34r:

Alternate universe Detroit is Ann Arbor?

I don't remember Ann Arbor having all that many pedestrians...or giving me that romantic feeling. :blush:

Thats because the kids aren't the smartest and cars tend to pic them off....

AA is full of people walking around biking and stuff. Not sure about romantic part... but there are a helluva lot of people out and about on nice nights. at least the several handful of times i have been there. Granted it has to be mainly the school year to be most populated.

Edited by OsGOD