• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
Guest DetroitIan

The Official MMA Thread

Rate this topic

Guest DetroitIan

Did you see that Floyd Mayweather wants to fight in MMA now

Floyd is a complete and total bad ass when it comes to boxing. But I think he's gonna have quite a reality check if he decides to fight in MMA. Floyd is a really elusive boxer, he has beautiful movement and head bobbing. But in MMA, that won't help him at all. Who ever fights him will just know to take him down. Which means Floyd will have to train in MMA for atleast a few years before he has any sort of success. He's gonna have to train in wrestling, jujitzu, and overall endurance. Once he's somewhat mastered that, then he can try MMA. Until then, he will just get beat down every time. I definitely wish him luck though. I like Floyd.

Floyd is a complete and total bad ass when it comes to boxing. But I think he's gonna have quite a reality check if he decides to fight in MMA. Floyd is a really elusive boxer, he has beautiful movement and head bobbing. But in MMA, that won't help him at all. Who ever fights him will just know to take him down. Which means Floyd will have to train in MMA for atleast a few years before he has any sort of success. He's gonna have to train in wrestling, jujitzu, and overall endurance. Once he's somewhat mastered that, then he can try MMA. Until then, he will just get beat down every time. I definitely wish him luck though. I like Floyd.

Couldn't agree more with you Ian... And the fighter he was suppost to fight in UFC was none other than....... Matt Hughes, which all he would have to do is take him down and it would be so easy for Hughes

Guest DetroitIan

Couldn't agree more with you Ian... And the fighter he was suppost to fight in UFC was none other than....... Matt Hughes, which all he would have to do is take him down and it would be so easy for Hughes

Oh absolutely. Hughes would destroy Floyd. Now if Floyd actually trained MMA for awhile, then MAYBE he could take on Hughes(and still probably lose). But right now it would just be laughable. Floyd does have alot of power behind his punches. And he's super fast. And the guy can punch all day without his arms wearing out. So essentially he could be have alot of success down the road. For now, Floyd has some work to do. lol

Oh absolutely. Hughes would destroy Floyd. Now if Floyd actually trained MMA for awhile, then MAYBE he could take on Hughes(and still probably lose). But right now it would just be laughable. Floyd does have alot of power behind his punches. And he's super fast. And the guy can punch all day without his arms wearing out. So essentially he could be have alot of success down the road. For now, Floyd has some work to do. lol

Oh forsure. He better start training now, because it's going to take a couple of years to get your ground game up

Edited by wingslogo19

Floyyd would make a fool of himself.

Every MMA Fighter has been innit there hole life basically.. weather it was as a kid doing wrestling.. or doing good ole BJJ. all Floyd has is his Stand Up.. and any good MMA fighter will just put him on his back and Floyd will look like a fool..

Stick to what made you your money Floyd, dont ruin any reputation you may have had. Boxing is your bread and butter.. stick to it..

Im stoked about the fights tomorrow night. Who do you guys think will win the 2 main fights?

I havent seen a UFC event in a while, but I'd pick Silva by TKO and GSP by unanimous decision.

Guest DetroitIan
I havent seen a UFC event in a while, but I'd pick Silva by TKO and GSP by unanimous decision.

I agree that Silva wins by TKO. And normally I would agree that GSP gets the victory against Hughes. But in this case, Im going with Hughes. GSP usually trains for 3 months for any fight. But since the injury to Serra came out of nowhere, GSP only had a month. Im guessing that will be a big factor. But Im definitely rooting for GSP. No doubt about that.

Guest DetroitIan
PPV is way to expensive.

Very true. Luckily, about 2 days after every ufc ppv event, it's available to download on limewire. So im always a few days late seeing it. But atleast I get to watch it for free. Can't wait for monday!

I agree that Silva wins by TKO. And normally I would agree that GSP gets the victory against Hughes. But in this case, Im going with Hughes. GSP usually trains for 3 months for any fight. But since the injury to Serra came out of nowhere, GSP only had a month. Im guessing that will be a big factor. But Im definitely rooting for GSP. No doubt about that.

Well you could say the same for Hughes though, that he's only had a month to train specifically for GSP. I'd imagine the gameplan for fighting against Serra would be totally different for one against GSP....so all the strategizing time up to the point Serra became out was wasted. I think that gives GSP the edge, as he already knows how to beat Hughes....and Matt after being dominated by him is the one that needs to come up with the new plan. Not that i'd be surprised if Hughes won, the guy is awesome, but i gotta go Pierre after what happened last time.

Interesting about the limewire thing you mentioned, i never used that and figured it was just music. I'll definitely have to look into that, as the major reason ive fell out of the UFC over the last 4 or 5 months is that their PPV lineups havent been worth 10 dollars let alone 40. But if its free, hell i can wait a few days.

The Iceman looked good last night, and what a fight that was with the axe murder. The axe went to the hospital after the fight to get a CAT scan.. I love GSP he's representing Canada very well in that sport. He dominated Hughes in the fight, and it was a great arm bar he had... Can't wait till GSP fights Sierra again, he's going to get s*** kicked this time

Guest DetroitIan

Finally watched Nemesis. What a night of fighting that was. All good fights. The Iceman shocked me in this one. Not only did he beat Silva, he destroyed him. It was a miracle that Silva didn't get knocked out. The Iceman showed that he is definitely not done. He looked better than ever. I'll be very pumped for his next fight.

As for Hughes and GSP. That fight was a disappointment for me. I was hoping it would be a great battle. But GSP basically dominated with ease. Part of me was happy cause I wanted GSP to win. But like I said, It would have been nice to see a hard fought battle. All I know is, I am extremely excited for the Serra rematch.

Guest DetroitIan
Can't wait till GSP fights Sierra again, he's going to get s*** kicked this time

I assume you mean Serra will get his ass kicked. In which case I gotta disagree. Serra is no joke. The guy has great MMA skills in every aspect of the game. However, I do see GSP getting the win. But just barely. Im expecting this one to be a total war. It's gonna be great.

I assume you mean Serra will get his ass kicked. In which case I gotta disagree. Serra is no joke. The guy has great MMA skills in every aspect of the game. However, I do see GSP getting the win. But just barely. Im expecting this one to be a total war. It's gonna be great.

That's who I meant was Serra is going to get destroyed by GSP.. The first time they faught GSP took him way to lightly. This past fight Hughes was in his top shape well that's what he said. GSP had 1 month to train for this fight as he took the fight on short notice and he looked very good.. Hughes is the top fighter in that division, and the new era of that division will be GSP. Im not pushing over Serra by no means at all, but if GSP can take out an elite fighter in Hughes it's going to be quite the fight against Serra.. Either way I can't wait they fight in April on GSP's home soil in Montreal

I also think GSP will be all over Serra the next time they fight. I think Liddell winning the way he did is more an indication of Silva being done than one of Liddell being back. Silva lost a few fights going in just like Chuck, and once again it appears that all along Pride was heaviliy overrated when compared to the UFC. I never ever thought i'd say this but honestly, at this point they could throw Fedor up against Sylvia and i'd pick friggin' Sylvia to win. This purchase has turned out to be such a huge disappointment for the fans. Rampage is the only thing thats worked out (he was out of Pride though and in a different organization)

Guest DetroitIan

GSP will win. But this fight will go atleast 3 rounds. Serra is no fluke.

GSP will win. But this fight will go atleast 3 rounds. Serra is no fluke.

Ian I agree with you. Look what happend last time GSP took Serra to lightly, he bit the bullet.. I think GSP has learned from his mistake and it should be a good fight. Im going to give advantage to GSP because im sure he wants to win this fight in front of his home crowd

Guest DetroitIan
Ian I agree with you. Look what happend last time GSP took Serra to lightly, he bit the bullet.. I think GSP has learned from his mistake and it should be a good fight. Im going to give advantage to GSP because im sure he wants to win this fight in front of his home crowd

Absolutely. GSP will be sooo fired up. He may fight better than he ever has before. Than being said, Serra is so good all around, that I just can't see the guy getting dominated(even by GSP). My prediction is, GSP wins early in the 4th round by TKO. Can't wait!