• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
Guest DetroitIan

The Official MMA Thread

Rate this topic

After the fight they said Kenny Shamrock is rumored too..

Buentello then Shamrock for Kimbo would be nice.

But i think Kimbo would rip Buentello.. But it would be alot better of a fight then what Tanks was..

**Note to next fighter who fights Kimbo.. Get him to the ******* ground.

Guest YzermanForever19

Anderson Silva is unstoppable. Not sure who they can even get to compete against him. The only way to challenge this guy is for him to fight at a higher weightclass or something. Cause he's tearing up everyone in site. Including dominating Dan Henderson. Looking forward to seeing his next bout.

Overall UFC 82 was a good card. Even the preliminaries were exciting. Fight night live is gonna be a good card as well. Can't wait for Kenflow Vs. Joe Lauzon. That's gonna be a war.

- Ian

Edited by YzermanForever19

Anyone else really looking forward to GSP vs. Serra 2, but kind of disappointed by the rest of the card? Just seems like Zuffa knew they had a solid gold marquee main event so they kind of half-assed the rest of the card.

Granted seeing GSP regain the WW title alone would be worth the price of admission to me.

Anyone else really looking forward to GSP vs. Serra 2, but kind of disappointed by the rest of the card? Just seems like Zuffa knew they had a solid gold marquee main event so they kind of half-assed the rest of the card.

Granted seeing GSP regain the WW title alone would be worth the price of admission to me.

It's an alright fight.. But im just happy to see GSP fight on his home soil :thumbup:

Guest Hank=FutureCaptain
Free fight night on spike tv tonight.. Not a bad card either

Not bad at ALL. The main event is gonna be so bad ass. Florian Vs Lauzon. I almost can't even predict this one. I could easily see either guy winning. I'm pumped for this one!

Guest Mac4Life25
This Saturday from the Bell Center in Montreal... GSP VS SIERRA... f*** I can't wait for this fight

So many people underestimate Matt SERRA. But I am not one of them. I've seen this guy fight in person. And he's the real deal. Although, I do think GSP will get the decision. But its gonna be way closer than a lot of people think. It won't surprise me at all if Serra takes his belt back.

So many people underestimate Matt SERRA. But I am not one of them. I've seen this guy fight in person. And he's the real deal. Although, I do think GSP will get the decision. But its gonna be way closer than a lot of people think. It won't surprise me at all if Serra takes his belt back.

I'am not underestimating Matt this time at all. That being said GSP loved to fight underpressure and I think being on his home soil in Montreal will help, I don't think any of the fans will being cheering for Matt at all.. GO GSP

As well Rich Ace Franklin will be fighting against Travis Luder

Agreed, i just looked at the rest of the card and its pathetic. They do things like boxing now, 1 marquee fight and a bunch of crappy undercard fights. I miss the days where cards used to be stacked and there'd be 3 or 4 fights you were looking forward to.

Agreed, i just looked at the rest of the card and its pathetic. They do things like boxing now, 1 marquee fight and a bunch of crappy undercard fights. I miss the days where cards used to be stacked and there'd be 3 or 4 fights you were looking forward to.

On the plus side the next card has a pretty strong trio of headliners between Penn/Sherk, Ortiz/Machida, and Silva/Jardine.

Though on a side note, congratulations to GSP in re-obtaining the welter weight title defeating Matt Serra in dominating fashion. The entire weight division is now officially his. Aside from Fitch I don't even see another logical match up for him that'd even be remotely competitive.

On the plus side the next card has a pretty strong trio of headliners between Penn/Sherk, Ortiz/Machida, and Silva/Jardine.

Though on a side note, congratulations to GSP in re-obtaining the welter weight title defeating Matt Serra in dominating fashion. The entire weight division is now officially his. Aside from Fitch I don't even see another logical match up for him that'd even be remotely competitive.

Yeah, that one definitely does sound better.

As i said, GSP blew right through Serra :P Honestly, him winning the first time was a total fluke and had everything to do with GSP not being ready. He isnt in the same league as GSP, i think he'd lose to all of Hughes, Fitch, Koscheck, and Sanchez as well to name a few imo.

GSP, he looked very good and I knew he would get his belt back.. I think they said that Serra and Hughes were going to fight now.. My guess is that Fitch gets a title shot now

From what I understand you are correct, further romours suggest if Serra beats Hughes and GSP beats Fitch they'll have a rubber match in the States.

However, this was the best moment of the night...

sxjfc1.gif

...for the record I am now a Nate Quarry fan.

From what I understand you are correct, further romours suggest if Serra beats Hughes and GSP beats Fitch they'll have a rubber match in the States.

However, this was the best moment of the night...

sxjfc1.gif

...for the record I am now a Nate Quarry fan.

Im thinking that Hughes will beat Serra, and GSP will beat Fitch.. Im curious to see if GSP will move up a weight category

Holy crap, Anyone watching this EliteXC BS? I refuse to watch another Kimbo fight again. The guys not even top 100 and he wins the single worst stoppage in MMA history after a gift stand-up when Thompson had him in side mount, and lands a few powerless forearm punches for a stoppage after Thompson starts reengaging him? I thought his Bo Cantrell fight was an embarrassingly obvious work but this blows the roof off of that.

In all seriousness Kimbo wouldn't beat a single guy in the UFC. A totally gassed Thompson who's a crappy MMAer in his own right and even worse on the ground takes him down easily? Please, he's an embarrassment to the sport and EliteXc should be ashamed.

Holy crap, Anyone watching this EliteXC BS? I refuse to watch another Kimbo fight again. The guys not even top 100 and he wins the single worst stoppage in MMA history after a gift stand-up when Thompson had him in side mount, and lands a few powerless forearm punches for a stoppage after Thompson starts reengaging him? I thought his Bo Cantrell fight was an embarrassingly obvious work but this blows the roof off of that.

In all seriousness Kimbo wouldn't beat a single guy in the UFC. A totally gassed Thompson who's a crappy MMAer in his own right and even worse on the ground takes him down easily? Please, he's an embarrassment to the sport and EliteXc should be ashamed.

I love watching MMA, but I'm not super knowledgeable about it. That seemed like a horrible stoppage to me. I really, really want to see Kimbo fight a truly elite mixed martial artist.

The stoppage in the Carano fight was also stupid IMO.