• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
Guest DetroitIan

The Official MMA Thread

Rate this topic

UFC PPV this weekend, who do you guys think will win?

Not a very exciting card for me, definitely not worth the PPV...hopefully Penn/Stevenson turns out to be a decent fight, if BJ shows up in shape he will clean house. I'd be more excited to see BJ vs any one of Edgar/Huerta/Griffin.

Not a very exciting card for me, definitely not worth the PPV...hopefully Penn/Stevenson turns out to be a decent fight, if BJ shows up in shape he will clean house. I'd be more excited to see BJ vs any one of Edgar/Huerta/Griffin.

Yeah I agree with you on that. This one should of been the free one.. And it's too bad that Penn wasn't fighting Roger Huerta, that guy is a really good fighter and is exciting to watch

That guy is a beast.. Who's he fighting?

Tank Abbot

On a side note

BUTTERBEAN is cage fighting at the LC Walker Arena in Muskegon agasint Matt Blaine.

Im certain its just a gimmick for people to come to the event, But comon Butterbean 400lbs vs Blaine who is like 240 max..

Earlier today i was watching some KJ Koons and Nick Diaz Fight.. Diaz has the worst fighting style ever, He just throws alot of weak punches that do literatly zero damage, and he leaves himself open for big shots to the face all day. Silly Kids.

I dont recall the main event's fighters....probably because it was such a boring fight. Swing, miss, hug...I thought I was watching boxing.

yeah that was a very bad fight for being the "main event".. And how the judges scored it was beyond me. Glad it was for free though that's forsure

Next Saturday ppv should be very good, at least on paper it looks good.. Brock Lesnar makes his ufc debut

Im not sold on Lesner, But who knows he might be a beast.

Oh yah the fights were horrible last night. The cote was a good watch.

I want febuary to come so the Tank Abbot/Kimbo Slice fight will be aired

Im picking Sylvia over Nog (the Pride letdown reasoning ive mentioned before)and Lesnar over Mir by decision in a boring fight. I think Lesnar will use his wrestling to get the takedown on Mir multiple times, but will spend most of the fight just guarding against submission attempts by Mir from the bottom. I think it'll be a very lackluster fight.

Oh, and I think Kimbo is going to kill Tank. He's just way too damn old now....but i admit a matchup like that is very entertaining to me and should be fun.

In turn, I think Butterbean would kill Kimbo...

Edited by Lou_Siffer

Oh, and I think Kimbo is going to kill Tank. He's just way too damn old now....but i admit a matchup like that is very entertaining to me and should be fun.

In turn, I think Butterbean would kill Kimbo...

Butterbean just fought in muskegon lol. thats how bad he has fell of the matt.

Kimbo would kill Butterbean.

Butterbean just fought in muskegon lol. thats how bad he has fell of the matt.

Kimbo would kill Butterbean.

I look at fighting styles. Kimbo wouldnt have the ability to take Butterbean down, and he isnt going to survive in a slugfest against him. Too much size, too much power. If he thinks he could stand there and take shots from Bean like he did with the guys in the ghetto we've seen in the videos, he'd be in for a big surprise. I also look at the fact that Butterbean at least knocked out The Debt Collector, a guy ive at least heard of....whereas Kimbo has beaten nothing but street toughs and an MMA bum so far.

Then again, i did get both the UFC fights wrong so who knows..

I look at fighting styles. Kimbo wouldnt have the ability to take Butterbean down, and he isnt going to survive in a slugfest against him. Too much size, too much power. If he thinks he could stand there and take shots from Bean like he did with the guys in the ghetto we've seen in the videos, he'd be in for a big surprise. I also look at the fact that Butterbean at least knocked out The Debt Collector, a guy ive at least heard of....whereas Kimbo has beaten nothing but street toughs and an MMA bum so far.

Anything can happen Lou.. But Brock did look good he just made that mistake and it cost him

Watching Butterbean get rolled by 170-pound Genki Sudo is one of the greatest things I have ever witnessed...should've stuck to boxing, fat boy.

Watching Butterbean get rolled by 170-pound Genki Sudo is one of the greatest things I have ever witnessed...should've stuck to boxing, fat boy.

Oh believe me, im in no way touting Butterbean as some good MMA guy. Just saying that against a guy like Kimbo, who wouldnt have the experience or ability to get him on the ground or keep him there, i'd take Bean to knock him out.

Im looking forward to Kimbo vs Tank, ill be rooting for Tank even though i think he'll probably get KO'ed in less than a minute.

Oh believe me, im in no way touting Butterbean as some good MMA guy. Just saying that against a guy like Kimbo, who wouldnt have the experience or ability to get him on the ground or keep him there, i'd take Bean to knock him out.

Im looking forward to Kimbo vs Tank, ill be rooting for Tank even though i think he'll probably get KO'ed in less than a minute.

I definitely see where you're coming from...hard to make projections seeing as how Kimbo is just getting into MMA. He's been training hard with some talented people though, if it came to him vs. 40+ year old Butterbean, I'd probably go with Kimbo.

Tank is the ultimate untalented goon but I still like him, he's just some big dude who doesn't give a f***, slamming brews and beating on people for kicks. Unfortunately he's a good decade past his prime and I agree will most likely get KO'd early.

Yeah...i really wish this was the Tank of the early UFC days when he was so much younger. He used to be my favorite back in the day for the reasons you gave. Still though, its funny how excited im getting for this fight. Im more excited for this than i have the UFC in a quite a long time. I hope Kimbo stands with him, but i wouldnt be suprised to see Kimbo's trainers giving him the take him down and go for the choke gameplan...just to say "hey look Kimbo knows how to fight on the ground now!11!!" :rolleyes: Give the fans what they want, this fight is tailormade for a knockout ending...dont disappoint just in an effort to show how "diverse" Kimbo can be.

Edited by Lou_Siffer

Unforunately for Kimbo he's most likely doomed to spend his career as little more than a novelty act...even if he gogoplatas Tank he's not going to gain anyone's respect by fighting 42 year old bar brawlers. If he were to beat up on the likes of, say, Paul Buentello, then we'll talk.

And yeah UFC fight cards have been rather lame and unfulfilling lately...it's always one or two interesting matchups, and the rest are either 2 no-names or a good fighter vs some scrub...although the next few events look fairly decent.

Unforunately for Kimbo he's most likely doomed to spend his career as little more than a novelty act...even if he gogoplatas Tank he's not going to gain anyone's respect by fighting 42 year old bar brawlers. If he were to beat up on the likes of, say, Paul Buentello, then we'll talk.

And yeah UFC fight cards have been rather lame and unfulfilling lately...it's always one or two interesting matchups, and the rest are either 2 no-names or a good fighter vs some scrub...although the next few events look fairly decent.

I compare the UFC to how wrestling used to be. Once the WWE bought WCW, everything seemed to go downhill with no legitimate competition around. Since the UFC bought Pride and dont have to compete for ppv dollars, they seem content with putting out lame cards way more often than not with one or two decent boughts and thats it. Honestly with so many quality fighters at their disposal, there is absolutely no excuse for the UFC to ever have no names and scrubs on their ppv broadcasts. Save that crap for Spike...let these guys build themselves up first, THEN put them on a show we're paying for!

Buentello vs Kimbo, now that would be a legit win for him and another intriguing fight. Did you just pull that name out of the hat or have you heard anything about that possibly happening? Honestly i do want to see Kimbo get his ass kicked, but theres that other small part of me that wouldnt mind him winning just to see different names thrown at him. Once he loses, I will no longer give 2 flying s***s about him or any of his fights.

DAMN. I know Tank's old and slow but I didn't expect Kimbo to have his way with him like that. Kimbo looked good, better than I expected anyway...he kept his distance and picked his shots well, Tank was helpless. Kimbo just kept knocking him down until he stopped getting back up.

Buentello has said in interviews that he wants Kimbo, allegedly their managers have been talking and they say right now it looks like about a 60% chance of happening.