• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
Guest DetroitIan

The Official MMA Thread

Rate this topic

Guest Dump-N-Thump

Banned is a STACKED CARD. this will be my first MMA event ill purchase.

kinda saddend that they wont be howing Paul Buentellos fight though, he is my fave fighter.

Anyone gettin' the Affliction:Banned card? That is one badass card.. should be one of the best in ages.

Can't wait for Fedor to armbar Timmy in 30 seconds!

Rear-naked in 36. Close though!

There's no one better. There has never been anyone better. So explosive. So much power. Amazing when you consider that as Timmy says, he's a "tiny ****" compared to most heavies out there. He's short, pudgy, and only 230. Guys like Rampage and Griffin are bigger.

Guest Dump-N-Thump

The fedor pwning of Sylvia was wow worthy.

But the Silva/Irvin fight pissed me off. I had money on Irvin

I was surprised not to see a comment or thread about this, but Kimbo got exposed last night and was KO'd in 14 SECONDS by a relative no-name.

And the punch that felled him was an average looking jab that didn't even make great contact.

http://sports.yahoo.com/mma/news?slug=dm-e...o&type=lgns

Edited by haroldsnepsts

I was surprised not to see a comment or thread about this, but Kimbo got exposed last night and was KO'd in 14 SECONDS by a relative no-name.

And the punch that felled him was an average looking jab that didn't even make great contact.

http://sports.yahoo.com/mma/news?slug=dm-e...o&type=lgns

While I like a good organized fight like any other guy and I'll probably watch a fight for a few minutes on TV if I'm channel surfing, I don't go ga-ga over this stuff and really didn't care that badly to see this even though it was probably promoted like nuts to fight fans. Not that I hate this stuff, far from it, it's just rarely on my radar of things I watch first. I've heard of Kimbo obviously and seen a few street clips of him but I guess I didn't get how big a deal this was, seeing him in a cage fight for the first time. It was actually blacked out/tape delayed down here because of local goverment election coverage. Guess I didn't miss much. I saw a YouTube clip of it this morning and while I'm not discrediting the hit the guy threw on Kimbo, you would've thought Kimbo just wouldn't have fallen on just one punch.

By a light heavy with pink hair standing on one leg and holding the fence with his other hand no less. It was only a matter of time before they had to give Kimbo a semi-legitimate opponent and Ken Shamrock hurting himself made that possible. At least Brock Lesnar is an elite level wrestler and has a massive amount of raw physical talent. Kimbo was a sideshow from square one.

EliteXC needs Fedor or they're finished. Having a truly elite marketable fighter can save them. Without it, they're doomed. Gina Carano can only do so much.

Just wanted to bump this thread to see if anyone else watched Affliction's sophomore event. It was absolutely spectacular and even better than the first. Just about every fight ended in a finish all culminating into Fedor knocking out an air-born Arlovski to beat yet another former UFC HW champion in the 1st round. Andre actually looked really good beforehand, but with Fedor's power I knew it was a matter of time before he landed a knock out blast or took it to the ground and submitted him. Fedor truly is the p4p best in the sport and along with GSP, personifies the complete mixed martial artist like none other.

Just wanted to bump this thread to see if anyone else watched Affliction's sophomore event. It was absolutely spectacular and even better than the first. Just about every fight ended in a finish all culminating into Fedor knocking out an air-born Arlovski to beat yet another former UFC HW champion in the 1st round. Andre actually looked really good beforehand, but with Fedor's power I knew it was a matter of time before he landed a knock out blast or took it to the ground and submitted him. Fedor truly is the p4p best in the sport and along with GSP, personifies the complete mixed martial artist like none other.

I watched it and it was a truly great even. I went 6/7 on my bets so I'm one happy camper right now! I just regret putting money on Kiril purely on hype and not seeing much of him other than a couple video clips, lesson learned. Barnett looked very confident and focused. I've had a gut feeling for over a year he'd be the one to beat Fedor, I guess we'll find out soon enough. Both KO's on the main card were brutal, but so beautiful to watch... Babalu vs. Lil Nog next show for the Light Heavyweight WAMMA title... make it happen!

Well its official, GSP is the UFC's pound for pound best fighter. He just added a new definition to the word 'Domination' in his dismantling of the obviously over-matched BJ Penn. Truly he is on another level and I feel his only true competition might be against middle-weights from here on out. Of course there is still Thiago Alves, but he walks at well over 200 pounds from what I understand and is practically a middle-weight so I stand by my statement.

Anyone else see UFC 97? Definitely one of the crappier PPV MMA cards I've ever seen. Despite being a pretty solid card with a lot of good undercard fights the main event was the worst title bout I have ever seen in MMA. 25 minutes of Anderson Silva fighting not to lose, lacking any aggressiveness, and only looking to counter, while Leites unleashed the almighty BJJ butt flop technique over and over again.

Only had one great fight and that was Stout/Wiman, though I feel Wiman got robbed thus tainting it, not too mention it was an undercard fight to begin with. Cane/Cantwell was good, but never even came close to being stopped, and the Shogun/Liddell fight was kind of depressing and short lived, though I'm proud for Shogun who might finally be back in top shape and poised for a great run at the LHW division.

Thought I'd bump us this thread since for the off season this is my number 1 sport.

UFC 99 is tomorrow and while it lacks any title or legit contender match ups, its a very solid card. Pride fanboys such as myself get to see Cro Cop back and though a shadow of his former self I still hold onto te hope he'll regain some former glory. in action as well as the Axe Murderer in a great match up against Franklin which will really determine Wanderlei's relevance as a 185er. Highly regarded Cain Velasquez gets his first major test in a fight that could line up a title shot for either one. Saunders on of my favorite fighters get a top ten WW fighter in Swick. Also Fisher/Uno and Davis/Hardy should both be very entertaining bouts with middle-high end fighters in their divisions.

Also Tim Sylvia (weighed in ay over 310 O_O)is going to be boxing Ray Mercer, a mistake in my opinion. Two entirely different sports and Kimbo is going to be on the new TUF along with some former pro Football players, Roy Nelson (My pick to win it) and Wes Sims.

Surely there must be something to talk about amidst all of this.

Rich Franklin is DONE. Belfort Vs Silva should be amazing. Although I still don't see Silva losing.

I would hardly consider Franklin done because of that loss.

And at least we can count on Belfort vs Silva being more entertaining than Silva's last 3 fights.